Sunbeam Lair she pours a daydream in a cup
unshakeable, unbreakable, unkillable
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away
All Welcome 

i'd really love to get @Lennon but aw

she had continued her self-imposed isolation even after her brother scooped up her shattered pieces and brought them home.  only upon nightfall did she pry herself from the edges of the sanctuary walls and turn her head skyward, admiring the stars.  her once-lover had enraptured her with fables of old and they came to her now, bittersweet in her throat.

so she does the only thing she can think of to make herself feel better.  

the walk has all been cleared by now
your voice is all i hear somehow
calling out winter
your name is the splinter inside me
while i wait

her thoughts turn to the last night they had spent together before his disappearance and how warm he had been pressed against the hollows of her body.  she wonders what was going through his mind as he lay beside her, watching her fall asleep before making his permanent departure.  if he knew what it would do to her.

and i remember the sound
of your november downtown
and i remember the truth
a warm december with you
but i don't have to make this mistake
and i don't have to stay this way
if only i would wake

her voice wavers through the chords until it halts completely as a particularly frigid breeze cuts its way across.  maybe she should just go back.

— he hit me and it felt like a kiss
7/5
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
Fate had it that Lennon, too, was reminiscing of the lost. Silently he laid amongst the dampened floor of the lair, having just another restless night that seemed to be reoccurring. She danced (oh, did she love to dance) about his mind almost constantly now, and he wasn’t exactly sure why. Perhaps all the fresh, new things coming in his life; specifically new love. The dark wolf knew he would love again, but not like her - he’d never held that same love at first sight feeling when gazing into a strangers eyes. He was distracted from these thoughts with the movements of another, Alarian’s sister that recently joined the group. He hesitated, contemplating the likely hood she’d care to chat at such an hour. She did leave the shelter, after all - that seemed to be a request for solitude. 

His ache to get to know the young girl overcame his reluctance, and began to quietly pad after her. Stopping a few feet away from the femme, he admired the showering moonlight draped over her fur; a picturesque sight. Still, though, he began to consider turning around until an unmistakable sound bathed his ears. She was singing. His memory flashed to when Alarian spoke of his family being quite the singers, his grandparents especially. 

”That was spellbinding,” He complemented, still standing behind the girl with awe of her trance-inducing voice.

”Just brilliant.”
living is easy with eyes
closed
unshakeable, unbreakable, unkillable
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away

she is almost annoyed when her solitude is broken, and a stormy demeanor looms over the pair.  for the moment his words escaped her, and she does not turn to face him.

she had wanted to be alone.

and then she remembers where she is and who she is with, and turns to face him.  so this is the boy her brother is so enamored with?  the corners of her lips raise as she wonders what her father would have thought, not that it mattered.

oh.  she says flatly, still unsure of how to take a compliment.  it was something she'd always kept private, despite being common in her family. thanks.  lennon?

— he hit me and it felt like a kiss
7/5
actually john lennon
207 Posts
Ooc — hannah
Her reluctance to take the compliment was odd, but not unsettling in the slightest. He worried that his presence was an intrusion, and the slightly off demeanor did nothing but support his thoughts. Still, he decided, especially with this girl being Alarian's sister, they had to at least have a conversation alone. Lennon still smiled at her response, no matter the circumstance still in awe of her lyrical voice. He couldn't tell if her question-like statement was a wondering if his name was Lennon or just her natural reaction to compliments. Either way, he replied the way he would to anyone. "No thanks needed," he insisted, "if anything it should be me thanking you for having such an angelic voice to hear." 

His praise was rather straight-forward, but there was no point in hiding his opinion in fear of awkwardness. He was only being kind and truthful.
living is easy with eyes
closed