Blackbeak Bluff if you wanna break these walls down, you're gonna get bruised
133 Posts
Ooc — xynien
@Engel backdated to February 1st
The shadow stared out over the edge of the cliff, entranced by the movement of the waves. She thought back to yesterday, to Engel-- and she wondered if she would see him again.
No, she would definitely see him again. Tine wouldn't let him go so easily. The Messeda girl wanted him for her own; the time she had spent thinking about it had only strengthened her resolve. She needed him now, though she couldn't quite name the reason. Something in her ached to crush him, though-- in the most thorough way possible. It would require time, planning, but she could do it. She needed to do it.
Samaantine huffed and shifted slightly, not noticing the sharp organic barb nestled among the earth until one of her paws had sunk down onto it. The shadow hissed in pain and irritation, pulling her paw up to inspect it. The thin, sharp sliver of wood stuck out from her paw painfully, having penetrated a little deeply. She bit back a groan, imagining the undoubtedly disturbing sensation of pulling it out that was to follow, and hesitated. Wounds normally did little to bother her, but puncture wounds... ick. Tine shuddered.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel had stuck around for a bit after having met Tine. He had spent a great, restfilled night by her side. And not just yet did he want to continue on his way, he wanted to stick around a bit. He caught her scent nearby as he headed her way, and found her. "Tine, hey-" He stopped after seeing the way she held her paw.

Worried suddenly, he rushed over. "Tine? What's wrong, did you get hurt? You step on something?" He looked over her paw, even though it may have been an invasion of personal space.
All of Engel's threads are always open! For better or for worse.
133 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Speak of the devil. Samaantine looked up at him with wide eyes, instantly wearing an expression of relief and excitement at seeing him.
Engel! She didn't show any signs of minding the closeness, instead nosing into his cheek happily before answering. Yeah, I just-- I got a splinter in my paw. The girl's voice grew a little pleading as she showed him the hurt paw.
Much to her dismay, Tine actually did need his help. She wasn't certain she could pull it out herself without stopping halfway through or retching-- or both. Such was her aversion to these types of wounds that she had a hard time looking directly at it, feeling a little queasy just thinking about how deeply the wood had gone into her paw. No more than an inch, but that was terribly deep for her poor pad.
Could you... pull it out for me? She asked, for once not feigning the hesitance in her voice. Tine wasn't quite sure she wanted to trust Engel with this, or with anything regarding her health, no matter how small. But it looked like she didn't have much of a choice.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel looked over the paw. He didn't quite like splinters himself, but he could not leave a lady in pain. So as soon as she asked, he carefully grabbed it with his teeth. "Okay, on three. One...two..." He pulled back, knowing it was better to do it before they were expecting it. Or otherwise, they would expect the pain to be on three. 

"You all right?" he asked, in a genuine caring voice. Last time he had done something just before three, it earned him a snap at the face for doing so. Engel looked it over once more, and gave it a careful lick over to give it a wash over.
133 Posts
Ooc — xynien
The Messeda girl tensed, fighting back the urge to tell him that he was stupid, that his 'on three' was stupid. Nervous dread regarding the arrival of 'three' kept her quiet, looking away from her paw-- then, at two, she felt a sudden, slight sting. She turned to look. Oh. It was gone.
A smile lit her face, only half genuine but it was still more than most got from her in the way of sincerity. His use of the tactic didn't bother her at all; she found herself a little impressed that he thought to do it (truthfully she thought that level of thought was beyond his capabilities). She leaned forward to press her face against his neck. Thank you. You're my hero.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He gave an odd chuckle at that after spitting the splinter out, an almost silly one. "It was nothing, really...And please, I'm no hero." He was a lover, not a hero. If anything, he was quite far from being a 'hero'. "So, still around here are you...you weren't waiting for me, were you?" he said with a grin. Honestly he had no idea if she were, but he felt a bit playful.
133 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Tine allowed herself the biting thought that he was definitely right about that, at least. The moment of gratitude and affection had passed quickly, but she still held her goal in mind and her outward demeanor did not change.
Maybe I was. She smiled a bit bashfully at him, flicking one ear. Rubbing against his fur affectionately, she added: I'm glad you found me again.
The innocent night they had shared and his own lack of regard for her personal space tipped Samaantine off that she was allowed to do what she would now, so she didn't hold back. She wouldn't anymore, unless he expressed obvious discomfort; the shadow had the feeling Engel wouldn't be complaining anyway.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel rubbed up against her as she did to him, even letting a low satisfied rumble that had stirred in his throat. "I am glad to have found you, Tine." He pulled back for a momen,t to meet her gaze. That gaze he wanted to see again. "Your eyes...the green...it's almost like the leaves of spring." He sighed after saying that. "A healthy green."
133 Posts
Ooc — xynien
The shadow was undeniably smug upon hearing Engel's words, but her outward response was more humble. She licked his face a few times, gently.
You're so romantic, Engel-- Tine looked shocked at herself. I-- I mean...
She looked away again, briefly, then met the red-cloaked male's eyes. Her own were wide, vulnerable. No one has ever been interested in me like this before... I don't know how any of it works. The girl's tone was soft, almost ashamed, and painfully blunt. She knew when and how to play up her youth; no emotion truly touched her at his strange, unimpressive description of her eye color. But what mattered was that he had given her the opportunity to pretend she was enchanted by it.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel felt like he had bee smacked. Like he had had some sense slapped into him. "You...you don't know?" She looked vulnerable now, unlike how she had before. Had she before? Or had he been so taken by her beauty, he had forgotten. "It's the first time someone has liked you? I find it so hard to believe, with how you look. You are just...stunning" he said. And in his eyes, she was. A dark beauty. "There's nothing to be ashamed of, dear. It's natural...If you want, I can slow down a bit" he said. He could certainly slow down a bit on his continuous approachs, if that made her feel more comfortable. Whatever the lady wanted.
133 Posts
Ooc — xynien
If anyone else has liked me before, they've never said anything. She murmured shyly, pushing her nose into his cheek.
I meant it when I said I like you, Engel. Tine began, keeping the contact with him. She paused for a moment, genuinely lost on what to say next (mostly because she was focused on what big lies she was telling as of late)-- but it didn't last long. I think... going slow is a good idea.
The shadow left it at that, leaving her meaning slightly ambiguous; she could have been implying an eventual encounter, or an eventual relationship. Truthfully, the girl wanted to see where he took it from there.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel nodded, he could go slow. And he would. "Yes, it is a good idea..." But then he got a cheeky idea, and nipped at the air near her ear. Then looked at her with a big grin. "Just wanted to do that one last time" he said, snuggling up to her. He was just starting to realize as he did, he didn't know much about Tine. "So, Tine...where are you from?"
133 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Tine would never have admitted it, but there was something ever-so-slightly endearing about the way he agreed so readily, as she had come to expect from him. She responded to the further contact he initiated with enthusiasm, daring to lick his cheek a couple times as she pressed herself against him.
The shadow contemplated the answer to his question. Not here. I don't have a name for where I was born, but I was raised among my family. The Messedas. She wasn't sure why she had given him her last name, when she still held the lingering unwillingness for him to know her full first name.
But she was proud of her family name-- and she hoped that, in time, all would recognize it.
My brother is here, in these lands. Nearby. She admitted after a moment. The next words were almost venomous, showing the barest hint of her natural demeanor. He abandoned our family.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel tipped his head a bit. The place she was from didn't have a name? He was quite surprised to hear that. "Messedas...so does that mean your name is Tine Messedas?" It was an interesting last name, to be sure. 

"Ah, family relations...haven't met any of my family for a long time now. Have a brother, somewhere." He left him and his family behind however, to join his first mate in travelling. Which was something that he loved doing. "So, guessing that's tense between you two?"
133 Posts
Ooc — xynien
The shadow felt backed into a corner by Engel's prodding, but she knew it was her own fault. So she bit back a sigh and corrected him shyly.
Samaantine Messeda. Tine murmured, ignoring the irritation bubbling up within her. She wondered if he would try to call her Sam, or Sammy-- oh, she hated that. It reminded her of her brother, of their similar names.
At his next words, she nodded slowly. He rejected our bond. I-- it pains me. Momentarily, she was surprised by the emotion in her own voice. It was real, she felt it-- and that was confusing. What was Samothes to her but a traitor and a coward?
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He was confused, so she hadn't given her his full name? Then again, neither had he. He also had a last name. But, rarely did he ever share it...though he felt that he owed her, as she sounded shy in doing so. So to up her confidence, "Engelhard Grebel...odd last name, isn't it? Almost sounds like grovel."

He could genuinely hear the pain in her voice, and he nosed her shoulder as a sign of comfort. "That's family for you..." he paused for a moment before going on, "If you ever come across him, and I'm near...I'll be there, okay?"
133 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Tine was greatly relieved when he made no stupid comments regarding her name, and allowed a small mercy (though he would never notice). It came in the form of her own internal refrain upon hearing his last name; she kept herself from mocking it, even in her head. The girl licked his ear affectionately when he made his offer, finding herself horrified by the idea. Engel could never meet her brother.

Thank you. The shadow whispered, trailing her nose gently along the inside of his ear for the briefest second. Tine looked out over the cliff at the crashing waves again.
I won't stay here forever. She admitted softly. I want to see... everything. But--
She used the pause to shoot him a brief, slightly nervous look. I'll come back to see you a lot... if you want.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel smiled lightly. "You're welcome. Anything for a lady" he replied to her. He would do anything to protect a lady, unless they tried to kill him. And that had happened a few times. Even a few odd ones that tried to after...certain things.

He moved his head to follow her gaze, before meeting her face again as she spoke before she turned to face him. And he smiled, then rubbed against the side of her face, with affection. "I would very much want that" he said, nipping at her cheek now. Even though he had promised himself he wouldn't do it again, so he pulled himself back. "Sorry..."
133 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Samaantine made soft noises of affection when he rubbed into her, and seemed a bit confused and a bit amused when Engel nipped at her cheek. She let the contact happen, gazing at him fondly when he apologized.
I don't mind. The girl assured him softly, emphasizing her point with a nip to his neck. She licked the place she had nipped once and offered a slightly mischievous smile. Then, she added: I think it's cute.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engelhard grinned as she assured him it was fine. Then, she nipped him on the neck. He gave a quiet laugh, and nipped at her cheek again. "Thanks...do you want me to keep going?" he asked as he then moved to nip at her neck. Perhaps he was getting a bit ahead of himself, but he couldn't help himself.
133 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Discomfort flashed through the shadow, and she resisted the urge to recoil from his touch, or snap at him, or do something to show he was crossing a boundary. She had not forgotten, though, that she was feigning innocence on the whole matter.
What do you mean, 'keep going'? Tine inquired innocently, eyes wide. It was not so far-fetched that she should be unaware of the specifics (though she definitely wasn't unaware)-- the girl was young still, and had never been with a man. Or a woman, but she didn't often find she-wolves who caught her attention. Either way, it stood that she had not yet had a sexual encounter, and she did not plan to allow Engel to be the one to change that.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
"This" and he nipped again. He grinned back after. "I did say I was gonna go slow, didn't I? Won't go any further, I swear." But, could he keep himself reined in for any longer? If she said so however, he would stop fully with the contact being made.
133 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Tine's relief was overshadowed by the barest hint of doubt at his words, but she kept both emotions off of her face. She wondered, then, if he was toying with her in return-- if she had perhaps slightly underestimated him. It was a brief worry before she decided even if he was a bit more clever than she had thought, it was surely only a little. The teasing must have been innocent.
You did. The shadow murmured her agreement playfully, deciding then what his punishment would be for the moment of uncertainty he had caused. She rubbed her muzzle against his neck, then nipped several times along his jaw, preparing herself mentally for a lot of self-disrespect.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He felt another rumble as she rubbed up against him, and the following nips. He couldn't hold back, but for a lady he would try. Try so desperately. So Engel tried to divert the subject elsewhere. "S-So the sea...it's beautiful isn't it?" he asked to her.
133 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Feeling mischievous, she licked one of his ears before answering, curling more into him as she did. It is-- the view is perfect here. Romantic.
The Messeda girl was growing more used to contact with her new red-furred pet; truthfully, she did see him as a pet. He was endearingly inferior to her and she already felt a sense of possessiveness towards him. Tine was relaxed against him, not quite enjoying their intertwined positions but not as disgusted by it as she had first been. She couldn't deny Engel was easy to get along with; even amid her thorns and barbs, Tine found room for some small amount of fondness for his easygoing ways.
She still thought he was an idiot, though.