Stone Circle But today... I will do my job. I will protect you. (BWP)
A cheap trick and a cheesy one-liner
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
All Welcome 

Stark heard them before he saw them, some massive thing he'd only spotted once before out in the wilderness. In the Teekon he hadn't anticipated seeing anything similar, and all that he knew was that it was bad when they showed up. Before, he'd watched animals fall just to the mere presence of the beasts and that made him want to find @Valette, @Steph, @Clary, and @Ezra and round them up to hide them somehow. He didn't know if there was a densite big enough for all of them now that the children were as old as they were and as big as they were - and he didn't know the most frustrating part of it all. Why were the things there? Stark let out a loud howl, throwing his head back as if he was the Alpha and trying to form a plan. 

He didn't have one, right then, but, if they all gathered and at least made it to somewhere more safe - maybe the forest? somewhere out of the open at least - then that would be progress and they could figure things out from there. His first and primary goal was protecting the ones he cared about and he would do that on the fly if need be. They just needed away from the metallic monsters and their loud, awful sounds. 

open for anyone, just tags for references!

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
[Image: gamekeeper.gif] 3/5
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Steph had been out near the standing stones when the loud nose noise reached her ears. Fear gripped her as she looked up into the sky and her eyes landed on the largest, and weirdest, bird she had ever seen. Her ears flicked back as it descended upon her. Finally, instinct kicked in, and she attempted to make her way to the forest, sure it couldn't follow her into there.

But, just as she attempted to run, the pain in her side, from her broken rib, reminded her that she wasn't quite able to do that. Suddenly, another sharp pain in her thigh had her stumbling. A whine escaped her maw, not that anyone could hear it over the sound of the bird. After a few moment, she began to feel tired. Surely, this isn't what her body wanted right this minute?! She tried to fight it, each step taking her closer and closer to the trees. But, her body won and she dropped to the ground.

About fifteen minutes later, the pup started to stir, but she found an unfamiliar weight around her neck. She whined, as she tried to right herself, but her body felt so heavy. It was several minutes before she stood, and then she froze. What the heck was around her neck?! She whined, looking around for anyone to help.
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador

Stark let out a couple loud howls again, trying to call everyone towards the forest. It seemed like the only safe place and it was just instinctive to seek shelter there although Stark had no idea if that was truly the right call or not. The sounds the thing made got louder and louder, changing in the way that they acted. He couldn't see what it was doing as he dashed through the packlands but a couple of glances it seemed to....to stop and hover and he didn't know of a bird that could do that. Stark certainly had never seen one act that way. 

Stark had almost made it to the treeline when he spotted Steph on the ground. He knew that it would destroy Valette if anything happened to her and instantly moved to cover her body with his own. She had a strange scent and a thing on her body and Stark's eyes went wide. "Steph, it's Stark, I'm right here," He promised as he nuzzled her gently. "Gotta, gotta get you safe," Stark took her by the scruff, trying to move the girl - ending up half dragging her. She was too big for him to carry after all but he was determined to get her to the trees and out of the line of sight of that monster before something else happened to her. 

any / all still welcome!!!
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She'd done nothing but hide away from everyone as of recently but when the loud thundering noise surrounded the territory and Stark's howl went up she ran. Her eyes were alert for the first time in a while as she ran toward the howl, her fur bristling as her eyes focused on the thing slowly flying toward the standing stones. She panted with fear as she spotted Howl trying to drag the body of Steph. No....please not another... she thought but she saw Steph's eyes open and full of fear. Immediately she placed herself behind the girl and rammed her head into her ass, hoping the force would startle the girl into moving. 

"Go! Now! Toward the dens. Go inside and hide from the view of the sky." she ordered using her newly held place higher up in the ranks to command them both. It was all she could think of to avoid an unknown creature that attacked from the sky. She watched the monsterous thing with obvious terror but once again focused on her two packmates. She needed to find Mawk, she needed to find Rowana and Cyron. Her two remaining babies...the thought struck her heart and she looked to Stark "I'm going to find my family, run to the dens. I'll see who else I can find" she spoke as calmly as she could but her voice shook. With a nod she ran off again calling out for @Cyron , @Rowana and @Mawk . Her howls were filled with panic and desperation, hoping they hadn't been hurt. In her concern for her family she hadn't even noticed the weird thing around Steph's neck.
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador

Before they had made it too far a female bolted onto the scene, ramming into Steph even as Stark was pulling her towards the safety of the treeline. Her barked instructions only made Stark bristle, carefully positioning himself over the younger female defensively. He let out a low snark, and if the woman wanted to start something then over rank he'd gladly rise to the occasion. Valette had trusted him with the protection of her children and since Nanook wasn't present right then, Stark was unwilling to simply stand down and defer to another wolf. The dens were further away than the treeline, and Stark simply wasn't going to bother with changing direction right then. "We'll bunker beneath the trees until it's gone and then head further into the territory." He said as he resumed the pulling of Steph towards the trees. 

The female was off with her desperate sounds filling the air, none of the direct confidence that Stark had projected in his call only moments ago. Before much longer he heard a younger call responding to him, Clary breaking the line of sight and instantly setting into her sister's side. She helped Stark get Steph to safety, hunkering down beneath a couple larger trees. "Are you okay?" He asked, sniffing over Clary quickly. She didn't bare the same strange thing her sister did, and Stark took to nosing against the collar even as the drowsy Steph sought comfort in her sister. 

Mild powerplay of both the girls, if I need to change anything just let me know <3

Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Steph was frozen with fear, her eyes pleading for Stark to save her. She was so scared to move, and so she didn't complain when Stark grabbed her scruff and began to drag her towards the trees. It hurt a little, and she tried, and failed, to gain her footing. But, she didn't whine about it, knowing he was trying to save her. 

Steph had never been so glad to see her sister, and as soon as she was released, she nosed her, equally looking for comfort and trying to give it. She looked to Stark, then. Can you get it off? she asked, in reference to the heavy plastic thing around her neck.
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador

Stark winced at Steph's question, blue eyes full of sympathy for the girl. She still seemed a little out of it, so whatever had happened Stark was hoping that it would wear off quickly enough. "Let me try," He said quickly, although no matter what he did it seemed impossible. Neither his efforts nor Clary's seemed to make the collar budge a bit, and he was growing more worried by the moment. Eventually an almost eerie silence filled the area and Stark gently nosed along the girl's cheek, tongue quickly washing over her to soothe the fur along her scruff he'd messed up in dragging her there. "We'll wait till you feel better then make for the dens." He said softly, still standing on high alert until they were able to relocate, and even then, the male didn't relax for hours as Steph recovered. 

tossed an ending on this since i"ve held it up for so long! let me know if you want anything changed <3