Sun Mote Copse The heavens are sparkling with starlight tonight
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
All Welcome 
A sort of gathering post to get everyone at the right place! Exploring the territory and recruiting is highly encouraged! Put whatever update on The Velingar thread so I can add it all to the info :) @Arrille @Kyera@Pippin ) @Koji - putting your character as pledged is also a fun idea :)

Their small band had arrived in a forest of sunshine and magic, or so it seemed. The particles floating through the early spring sun were like twinkling fairies, the beds of flowers their homes and the forest they stood in their land. Well, it wouldn't be the fairies' for much longer. Chusi stared at the trees, the clearings and decided somewhat selfishly that this is the place she wanted them to settle. But she wasn't one to force her will onto anyone. She wanted their comments too - especially Arrille had to like it here, for he was perhaps the closest friend she had right now.

Ey, ya guys - whatcha think 'bout this place? Any good? She asked, wonder filling her tone, clearly admiring the place they had stumbled upon.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille had not looked back...not once. He knew by now Grimnismal would never want him again so he had instead chosen to go with his friend, Chusi who he had found and also had been sent away. They had met others along the way as well. 

He shrugged to Chusi's question, he didn't really mind where they found. As long as they could find somewhere. "It's good...I guess..." He sent a somewhat reassuring smile in her direction after saying that.
49 Posts
Ooc —
He wasn’t one to usually admire the scenery, since he was often too busy admiring himself, but he had to admit the little treasure they stumbled upon was quite the dreamland. The particles that floated in the air were a bit bothersome and difficult to deal with, but he assumed that after breathing them in for a few days his lungs would adjust and he’d be as good as new.

“We should check to see if there are any herds” he suggested, head swiveling from Chusi to the rest of their little group. If he wasn’t daydreaming about anything indecent than his mind was was usually thinking about food, which in this instance, turned out to be beneficial. 
rating: 3-3-3
what's the order?
12 Posts
Ooc — Kenzie
Kyera gazed around her, the scenery was beautiful, and she could say with honesty that she was so glad to be here. She smiled as her tail waved back and forth gently, like a flag in a slight breeze. She looked at their small band, and was grateful she stopped at that cove days before.

"I think it's great," she added, agreeing with the other wolves. "But checking for a herd is smart, good idea," she said, directing the statement towards Koji. It felt good to know there were others, with different skill sets, ideas, and thoughts. She was happy for the first time in a while.
pledged to the velingar
[Image: images?width=400&height=71]
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Skipping over @Pippin for now so we can keep this moving <3 if he does come with them in their earlier thread we can just play it like he was somewhere in the background going along with their plans.

She smiled back at Arrille. She had not expected her friend to go along with her crazily ambitious idea, but here they were. Perhaps better than ever. To get out of the shitshow that was Grimnismal and the tension that came from being so close to Drageda might have been the best idea she had had in a while, but she still had to see.

She raised her brows at Koji then, surprised she hadn't thought of that herself. O'course. She said, somewhat in aw. Ya know much 'bout herd patterns? She asked him, noting only a small portion of her training had been about food and where to find it. Ravensblood Forest had a lively community of critters and she remembered a herd nearby, but she had never really been interested. Guess that was going to bite her in the butt now.

Lastly she turned to Kyera, perhaps the nicest girl Chusi knew. She seemed pretty down to earth and okay with a lot of Chusi's seemingly strange ideas. We should get sum borders up too if we gonn' stay here. She added. A good defense was the best offense in her book, and the locals of the Tuktu should know there was a new Sherif in town. 'n anyone gud at mappin' out the area?
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille was glad to be far away from the overlooking cliffs of Drageda. It had been a nightmare for him, being under it's shadow. One of the others, Koji spoke but Arrille's attention was to his own mind and thoughts. What did this new place have to offer for them? 

"I'll get to the borders" he finally said, no longer paying attention to the inner thoughts of his own mind. "Scout the area out, see what we have here."
49 Posts
Ooc —
Chusi, while still only being an acquaintance, was a rather easy girl to read. He could tell she had the drive and determination to become a good leader, which he was sure she would be, but it was painfully clear to him that she was inexperienced in filling the role of head honcho. He didn’t proclaim to be any sort of expert, but from the information he had gathered from his old pack, weren’t there certain steps that needed to be taken before you just up and decide to settle down?

Patrols and herd tracking were just the beginning, and that’s if they decided to stay here. Shouldn’t they at least feel the territory out for a few days to make sure this is the place they wanted? I mean why waist all that time laying down borders only to discover the land might not provide the necessities for survival? Besides, they should at least scout out the surrounding territories to make sure they weren’t about to piss off any unfriendly, well established neighbors. 

He sucked in a deep breath while debating whether or not to share his ideas only to end up having his train of thought cut off by Chusi’s question. “My old man taught me a bit about trackin and patterns so I’ve got a good idea as to what needs done” he answered, a faint smile on lips. A bit of relief came when Arrille announced he’d scout out the area and handle the borders, especially since Koji was only average at best when it came to land memorization. He turned to glance at Kyera then and had to wonder if she had any thoughts or special talents to contribute to the group. It was fine if she didn’t, but with how few in numbers they were, any contribution seemed like a good thing. 
what's the order?
12 Posts
Ooc — Kenzie
Kyera was glad to know she'd be with people who knew their way around. "I'll take a look around the area, see what plants and materials are here. I've got experience with healing and caring for wounds, if that helps." She gave a small smile, feeling a little guilty for not knowing as much about some subjects as the others.
Kyera knew how to fish, but she doubted it may be of much use. She sniffed, the pollen in the air spiraling around her. Giving a last glance to the group around her, she sighed with content and began poking around in the roots and bushes around her, taking in the scent of plants and herbs, identifying them the best she could.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She nearly glowed like a proud lightning bug when all the skills of her team were brought to the table. They had a tracker, a somewhat scout (though she wouldn't mind scouting out the area a bit herself) and even a plant identifier. They were definitely great assets to what Chusi was trying to start with them, no matter their youth, limitations or other things that might hold them back. As long as they stuck together, nothing could go wrong on the field of someone not doing anything!

Dun't go too far, Arrille. We dunnow what kinda wolves might live 'ere. If ya find any trouble, just come back asap, kay? She said to him sweetly, clearly just worried for him and the group.

That's sow cool Koji! Mind meh taggin' along? I wanna learn. She asked hopeful, ocher eyes glimmering with wonder.

Ya too Kyera! y'all, I have so much to learn from ya. But imma good fightah if anyone wants some sparrin'. She was proud of her warrior status, perhaps more than of her scout one.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille smiled back, he would come back...eventually that is. "I'll be back eventually, Chusi. Don't you worry" he said back to her. Then with a determined look he started off. He would scout this place out, see what he could find. Anything of interest he would return news of back to the others. 

Last post from Arrille
49 Posts
Ooc —
Ah, so it seemed the future leader did know a thing or two about taking precautionary measures and was apparently a capable fighter as well. Koji felt himself de-stress at her words, a heavy sigh coming along with his new slackened posture. Well that certainly took a load of worry off his mind, even if he was still concerned with how they’d fare here. But he figured he could always bring his worries up another time when everyone wasn’t so anxious and eager to explore. 

For now there was work to be done and with Arrille and Kyera both seemingly off to do their own thing, Koji figured him and Chusi might as well start their own endeavors. “Ya welcome to join me anytime” he announced, tail swinging freely at his hocks. He left room for either of the ladies to speak up before looking back to Chusi. “Shall we?” he asked, leaving room for the future leader to decide if she wished to join him now or sometime later.

last post from me as well. feel free to pp him leaving with or without chusi!
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
[ooc]Seeing that Kyera is inactive, I'll just go ahead and wrap this up.[/narrow]

Oh she worried alright. He had already been marked by some other thing and she would hate for anything more to happen to him. He had gone through enough, she believed, not noticing that she had gone through some pretty messed up stuff as well and was feeling rather alright - safe for the grief of her family and her long lost loverboy that was still on the coast.

Mah feet are burnin' ta explore a bit. I'll catch up later. She chipped to the charmer, a smile settling on her pointy features. She nodded to dismiss Arrille and Kyera, not knowing she'd never see the nice female again most likely.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**