The Sunspire Girls who see him kinda follow him back home
Senoritas, don't follow him!
32 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
The mountain was cold. Nothing the lion couldn't handle, of course, but summer couldn't come soon enough for him. His complexion was simply perfect for sunbathing, after all - not too hot, not too cold. His blush eyes ran over the mountain. He had no idea where to settle. He had no idea what kind of wolves lived here, only that they would all soon know him for his exemplary behavior and devotion.

His maned form slid somewhat comfortably over the rocky surface, but when he nearly tripped over a rock, a cord that was keeping his stressed mind together snapped. How dare you, you rocky peasant! He nearly hissed. I didn't ask to be here, you know! But this task is important! Could you just give me a break? His words were barely audible, surely not understandable if one wasn't keeping their ear near his mouth, and he was quick to smooth his mane and shake off the outburst.
Soon he will eat your hearts like cereals.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

the ranks had shifted again and, despite screwing terance, she had not been demoted.  it felt wrong, somehow, that she still held her rank.  so she sought out the newcomer, hoping to be able to show him around.

and damn, it looked like he needed it.  she arrived just in time to watch him stumble.

thankfully, the seasprite did not hear goldy's mumbling.  the boy already reminded her of mato and it would be in his best interest to stop doing that.

she came up beside him quickly, looking him over.  he seemed alright, but who knows?  maybe he had twisted his ankle or something.  you alright there, sir?

[Image: 70c0c50922211f79c19a9fbb2dbe797a.png]

32 Posts
Ooc —
Physically, Goldy was fine. Very fine, if one asked him. But he was stressing out. He felt like he was going mental, which was terrible because it caused grey fur. And he rather liked his palette. But what he liked even more were the footfalls of Seabreeze, her own unique appearance. The arrogant prince found the thin, willowy and wounded female somewhat of a goddess. That was how his father had described the attraction to his mother, at least.

Ah - Seabreeze! He remembered her name well, too well for what someone else would consider a stranger. Yes- Yes, I believe I am unharmed. He smoothed his mane yet again, a nervous tick he'd call it, but mother had called it vanity. Are you fairing well? He asked nonchalantly, concern yet to be sparked in the generally uncaring young man.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

oh, remarkable memory.  she was not used to being so memorable, so upheld — she was ignorant to how high the young prince regarded her and perhaps it was for the best.  really, she did not need to be reminded of mato any  more.  yes, goldy, right?  she said casually, coming to a halt close beside him.

of course, she knew his name.  she had remembered every newcomer who had graced sunspire since the incident with redshank and titmouse.  i am well, she said with a wry grin, have you settled down well here in sunspire?

32 Posts
Ooc —
He bowed to greet her, careful to not trip over that same bloody rock. But he had better things to do - was even batter - than to curse at some piece of gravel. Goldy smiled charmingly, throwing his mane up a bit with it instead of smoothing it down like he had done so many times now. The one and only, fitbird.

A controlled step brought him just a little bit closer to her beauty. They quite matched, if he did say so himself. I'm glad. He breathed, too oblivious in that field of socialization to see if there was really something wrong or not. Her grin melted him though. Oh, For sure. The mountain is ace. He lied somewhat. He barely knew where to try to sleep tonight.

He wanted to make some small talk. Get to know her. But how did one do that? That's right, to blatantly ask her about her former or current love life. Genius. So, anyone trying to chat you up yet?

558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

she filled his answers with well-intended hums of approval, and had intended on striking him up in conversation.  but um.  well that was.  um.  certainly.  a question.  yes it was.

literally everything else goldy said went over her head because she really, really did not know how to answer that.  she and terance weren't a thing — she didn't want to, she didn't know, ruin his chances with other girls because she told everyone they were together.  and what if he hadn't told wraen yet about their.. arrangement?  did she still smell like she was in heat?  was that it?

and the way he carried himself!  definitely mato-esque.  oh god.  outward, she remained stoic other than the gentle parting of her maw.  oh, was all she was able to get out.

i recently divorced, she countered, relatively hopeful that would be a vague enough answer to his question.

32 Posts
Ooc —
The lion would've felt pretty proud to know that he reminded the goddess of her former love. Luckily he didn't - it would've let his ego grow far too big with her. He knew women were not always looking for a macho after all, which was why he was trying a more modest approach. Also for the better was that he did not know about this Terance and the connection the two had due to an unfortunate timing of a heat. Perhaps he himself should've had Terance's place in that exchange.

She was divorced? How did that work? Not that he truly cared, he was just happy she was single and ready to mingle. Any other bloke could just chase their tail back home, now wasn't he right? How unfortunate. He commented apologetically, but his mind was screaming "scoooore" . Settling his somewhat curious itches the answer did not. How ever did that happen? Surely most think you're quite the catch.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

her ears flattened uncomfortably, but she figured that the newcomer was just trying to make small talk... and being really bad at it.  she cleared her throat, her flews tightening in a forced smile.  i was captured after i strayed outside of the borders.  when i came back, he was angry with me.  he thought i had abandoned him, and although i explained what happened he still... decided he wanted a break.  and with her culminating hurt and anger, the break had turned permanent.

god, she missed him.

but i would not be here if we were still together, so i do believe that it is not so unfortunate after all.  she rolled her shoulders, trying to change the subject.  where are you from?

32 Posts
Ooc —
Goldy found his questions were quite excellent. He really wanted to know if he had any chance with her, so selfishly asking hurtful questions... Now that he thought about it, maybe he wasn't being so great after all. Shoot. He doesn't sound like a nice man if he gets mad at something you didn't do on purpose. He commented, trying to be slightly comforting. If she was mad at him for being mad, perhaps siding with her would make her favor him a bit more.

Agreed. he slightly purred with a warm smile, one that fit his maned face amazingly. It was good that the topic changed to something he could understand easily. Fox Thicket - my family has lived there for generations, I have been told. He answered proudly.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

she offered him a wry smile.  you are not wrong, she muses out loud, her laugh turning to something more genuine.  you know, you kind of remind me of him, though.  not in a bad way.  because she had loved mato once, and although they had ended with quiet finality the starlit prince was not evil.  she hoped that would be conveyed.

oh, good, a different subject.  oh wow, that sounds lovely!  i can't imagine living in a place surrounded by family.  biological, i mean.  tell me all about it.

32 Posts
Ooc —
He reminded her of her ex. He reminded her of her ex. Goldy's brain shut down for a bit, light pink eyes staring into the distance. He could swear he saw reality shatter right before him. Though she said it wasn't in a bad way, was there any good way one could be reminded of an ex? An ex that simply dumped you for being away for a while? Nope. Nope-ti-nopedope. Desperately he tried to put reality back together, but he felt his paw tremble as he went to smooth back his mane.

Eheh - it isn't as lovely as it sounds. Family can be quite a bit more difficult than strangers. My sister couldn't take I was the favorite, so fights were inevitable. He was never the favorite, they just made him believe it, but how was he supposed to know? He was a taker, not a thinker. Besides, it wasn't like our whole family. It was just my parents, my sister and me and our peas- subordinates. He almost slipped some brain junk in that sentence, but he was quick to save it. And this mission - my mission - is important to them because... Because - of course it is. He didn't know. He didn't know and it was obvious and he felt stupid so he stopped talking at once.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

she watched him gain a thousand-yard-stare at her banter and she froze in turn.  that was uncouth, i'm sorry.  i just mean the way you carry yourself.  it reminds me of him.  she did fall for him for a reason, though she dare not say that in front of this stranger who was so forward.  it's a good thing.  i do still care about him.

she cleared her throat.  talking about his family did not seem to help him at all, either.  that's okay, she said, rolling her shoulders.  i don't doubt you.  do you plan on sticking around for a while, then?  or are you just stopping by for a while?  as much as she felt conflicted about the poor dude, she didn't like the thought of him leaving so soon.  especially when something seemed up.

hey, i'm not gonna push but i'm the resident counselor.  if anything's bothering you, then.  i'm here.

32 Posts
Ooc —
Shoot. In what way did he carry himself? Well, like the lion prince he was, of course, but was this other guy a prince too? Were they really so similar that just after really meeting him Seabreeze could tell they were alike? As much as he wanted to believe it was a good thing, he simply couldn't. He couldn't shrug off the fact that he reminded her of that asshole, no matter how much she might still care about that douchelord. If he would ever get to meet this ex, he'd bite his fricking face off for making Seabreeze feel so... insignificant.

No - no, not at all. I quite fancy this place. Sure, a bit too high up for my taste, but still. Besides, you're here. Where else would I want to go? He left the last bit out, finding it to sound too clingy for their first official talk.

The lion laughed a confident laugh. Bothering me? Well, I can assure you now that I am perfectly fine. Trust me, if there was anything, I'd tell you. He was sounding sweet. Too sweet? Was he lying by being so sweet? He was such a bad judge of himself that it was painful.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

i understand.  if i had it my way, sunspire would have settled right out there by the sea.  i miss it.  but oh well, right?  this was where they were now.  it is a bit too high for my tastes, too.

she would not push goldy to talk to her — any good counselor knew that it had to come in a patient's own time.  of course.  but i figured i would offer; it's my duty.  

32 Posts
Ooc —
Ah. Ahah. Seabreeze, hmm... Yes, I can see you settling on the coast. He joked with a playful grin. He couldn't remember ever going to the sea himself, but if there was where the goddess found herself to be home, he would follow. This wasn't just a crush. This was a teenage obsession, fueled by confusion, misunderstanding and drama.  And he found that the crown of the friendzone did not fit him all that well.

Thank you... He smiled, casting a gaze upon his feet. Was that... appreciation, he felt? How peculiar. Without knowing what he was really doing, he drooped down upon the ground in a sitting position. He didn't dare hug her yet for her... kindness?
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

she laughed.  with a name like seabreeze, i mean.. could you really? her teasing was playful, but she was quick to cover it.  goldy.. i think you fit very well here on the sunspire.

the conversation turned serious again.  of course, goldy.  any time.  she touched her nose to his cheek, her haunches folding so her position matched his.  it's more than just my job.  any way i can help.

32 Posts
Ooc —
A genuine smile settled on his pale muzzle. Not only was she the most breathtaking girl he had ever met, she made him feel good. No one had ever been so welcoming to him, not the subjects he had ruled nor his family. Though he surely wasn't a handful or anything, he was thinking that he may just be a little hard to deal with. You know, just once in a while. Not constantly. I would still follow you if you decided to go and settle on the coast. And he meant it. Not just for her - of course - but also to be on the stable ground again.

For a moment did the prince believe he would receive a kiss, and even when she pulled away did the side of his face tingle. S-same for me - I should really contribute to the pack if I want to stay here.