Sun Mote Copse if we shouldn’t eat at night, why do they put a light in the fridge
49 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
It had taken him a while but he had finally caught ahold of a herd of white tailed deer within the thicker parts of the forest, a solid little victory for him and his companions. There were several visibly pregnant does within the herd and that alone was enough to bring a satisfied smile to the male’s face. They would be well fed this spring so long as the deer didn’t migrate out of the territory, and Koji intended to make sure they stayed put. 

Today was a bit different than the rest of the week had been. Instead of actively searching for a herd, today was all about observing them. He stalked silently after them, moving when they did while remaining a good distance from them so that he did not scare them off. It was going to be a long and boring process but any information on them was valuable at this point, at least until he found another sustainable food source. 
rating: 3-3-3
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi had always been more of a scavenger than a real hunter. It wasn't that she couldn't do it, she just found the whole chasing game a little too intense for a meal. And if she hunted, she never went for anything big all by herself - she knew better. And her companions did too. So, whenever Koji found a good herd to keep track of, they could have a hunt together!

Chusi quietly stalked Koji, staying behind him, making sure the wind wouldn't bring her scent straight to the deer. She didn't want to distract the man while he was working, but definitely wanted to help.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
49 Posts
Ooc —
The soft repetitive patter of footsteps behind him drew his attention away from the herd and momentarily towards the shadow that trailed after him. He shot her a soft, welcoming smile before turning back towards the task at hand, eyes glued to the herd as they moved throughout the territory. Eventually the deer came to a stop along a riverbank and Koji took the opportunity to rest while they hydrated. 

He plopped his rump to the ground and turned to stare warmly at Chusi, eyes inviting her to sit beside him. He appreciated having company during his task, it would certainly make things a lot less boring for him. Not only that but, if he remembered correctly, Chusi had wanted to learn a thing or two about tracking and this was the perfect opportunity for a lesson. 
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi didn't dare come closer when Koji spotted her - not because he was not inviting or scary, but because she had no idea not to scare away a herd. She could smell them and spot them, yeah, but coming closer than she was was a no-go. She really didn't want to mess anything up.

It was only when she was silently invited to come closer that she did, a warm smile adorning her pointed face. She sat down, paws neatly together and posture fairly regal for her upbringing. Do'we have ta whisper? She asked in a soft voice.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
49 Posts
Ooc —
He smiled when she drew near, ears twitching at her whisper. “Nah, we just can’t be too loud” he let out, eyes glancing over to the herd to make sure they weren’t startled. Sure enough they went on undisturbed and he let out a relieved sigh. “So long as we stay downwind of ‘em, I don’t think they’ll notice us” he revealed, nose wiggling to confirm their position was well out of their prey’s range.

Besides, the sound of the river’s current easily drowned out their voices and if that wasn’t enough, the sound of chickadees singing in the background was plenty to insure they went unheard. His only real concern was that some pesky bird would send up an alarm that would surely send the deer running and spoil all his hard work.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Not too loud? Had he even met her yet? Chusi was one of the loudest wolves she knew. She followed koji's gaze to the herd. It seemed they really weren't bothered by them. Well, that was great then! She looked back at Koji, only now noticing the scar he carried on his lip. There ain't a soul 'round 'ere, ey? She commented with a smile, but the worry was clear in her warm eyes.

I'm glad ya came with us tho...
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
49 Posts
Ooc —
He tensed up at her mention of there not being a soul in sight. Oh lord, he could not deal with her going through another emotional breakdown, not so soon after the first. “I-” he began but was cut off just as quickly as he’d started. He let out a sigh, relieved she’d changed the subject so that he wouldn’t have to. “I’m glad I came too” he agreed before glancing over to watch a buck take a sip from the creek. “It was gettin pretty lonely by myself.” 
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She moved her shoulders a bit to get a little more comfortable before she let out a soft sigh. These parts of the Teekon were beautiful, for sure, but if there wasn't anyone around she didn't think they could stay for very long. The flatlands had always been lively, maybe they could move there. 'Don't think I've ever been real lonely. She commented. It's prolly real shitty.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**