Arrow Lake Partly Cloudy
6 Posts
Ooc — Ezi
All Welcome 
She walked. The female walked. The girl walked to the lake. The young girl padded wearily towards the lusterously-shimmering body of water. So many ways to say such a simple, simple thing. Legs was living up to her name; she walked...and walked...and walked...and walked...So much walking. When the sun was high, she walked. When the stars glimmered, she walked. At this point, the girl was confused as to why she was even walking. She could just...she could stop. Why exactly was she walking? Perhaps the dog just didn't feel right about the places she could settle-but-what was the feeling of right? Would there be some zing of feeling that indicated the right place to stop? Or, better yet, was there a right place? Was there a wrong?

The dog shook her head quickly, groaning. Life had been so simple, she was beginning to question why she had even left it. Captivity...sucked at times, but, it had put food in her belly and cloth under her to sleep on and sheep to chase. Maybe, maybe she had made the wrong descision but, hell, there was no returning home now. The collie had taken a leap that she had to live with, which she would (I mean perhaps she would complain for the next six month but she would live with it. 

A mixture of slightly damp sand and dirt tickled the chocolate  collie's paws as she padded closer to the lake. The girl flicked her silvery pale eyes towards her reflection, observing her appearance. The lusterous shine that had once graced her fur had dulled, the girl figured she would need to focus more on hunting if she were to keep herself looking well-managed. Then again, were appearances truly defining out here? Eh, maybe it didn't matter, she would look strange to them anyway. The last dick she had met (who looked himself like a dog) had had the audacity to spit out 'what the hell are you. What was stopping the others from being any different? Urgh...too many questions today. Now, she just needed to focus...on doing nothing. The doggo flopped happily to the ground, rolling and rolling and rolling. No more walking.
~ M A R I G O L D ~
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

rarely did seabreeze find time or courage to leave the confines of the sunspire, especially since her pregnancy had been confirmed.  it was still too early for others to tell but she was sure, and that was enough to keep her contained.

still, she had explored most of the territory and was becoming somewhat restless.  she headed down the mountain without the intention of going far.  she had never been to the little lake at the bottom of the mountain, but the pull of the water was as strong as it always was in her blood.

she took the time to enjoy the sights before she began to trace the outer edge of the lake, and before long she heard some thrashing.  seabreeze, always with a penchant for finding herself in trouble, obviously went to check it out.

but her nerves were soothed quickly as she came across the sight of a very small wolf, about her own size, wiggling around in the dirt.  hello there.  are you having fun? she called before throwing herself at the ground as well, giving a test-roll.

[Image: 70c0c50922211f79c19a9fbb2dbe797a.png]

6 Posts
Ooc — Ezi
     Legs had been so distracted by her merry rolling that she had been completely unaware of the approaching creature. Amidst the sounds of shaking grass and crumbling dirt, there was a voice, a stranger voice. Legs through her head up, shocked, scrambling at first to get to her feet. Scrambling, until she noticed that the other had joined in her rolling. The canine was still slightly alert, but no longer feverishly attempting to dart to her feet. It was only when she had relaxed the slightest bit that the pup responded to what had been asked of her. 

"Hello,"she said cautiously, "Th-this is not just fun. This is a ritual,"Legs finished promptly cocking an eyebrow and giving a comical smile. "And," she continued in a very mock-grand manner, "your name must be presented in order for you to participate in such ritual." The dog thumped her tail, hoping the other would be willing to participate in her antics. The female was...well, she was pretty, and seemed kind at her approach. There was no reason not to kind of totally flirt in a playful friend way be welcoming.
~ M A R I G O L D ~
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

she entirely thought the little dog was being serious for a moment before she caught onto her joking manner.  she released the breath she didn't realize she'd been holding before breaking out into contagious laughter.  oh kind stranger, tell me about this ritual!  my name is seabreeze, she said, rolling onto her stomach, and who might you be?

her tail wagged and her ears perked, finally happy to have some company that didn't seem outright hostile for once.

[Image: 70c0c50922211f79c19a9fbb2dbe797a.png]

6 Posts
Ooc — Ezi
A wide grin spread across the border collie's face as the other caught her joke. her tail wagged playfully. "Oh of course I'll tell you," The girl smiled with excitement. Though she was a fireball, she was still a dog, and so she still had puppy-like tendencies. Now, Legs had changed up the ritual a bit, but this was no thing made on the fly. Legs and her siblings had had a similar ritual when they were younger. Rolling about and playing in the lake was like a religion when they were younger. Whenever it was warm, the puppies would romp about the closest pond, having the time of their lives. The dog shook her head the smallest bit, returning to reality."My name is Marigold, but if you like you can just call me Legs," she dropped, bowing her front half in a play stance. "First, you bow! Then," The girl began to roll playfully on her back. "You have to roll five times!" After completing her rolling, the dog leap to her feet. "Finally, you have to jump into-" Legs trotted closer to the shallows before bouncing into the ankle-deep shore-water, shaking out her paws comically. "-the lake!" After walking out, the girl began to chuckle softly. "So, you up for it?"
~ M A R I G O L D ~