Heron Lake Plateau My unicorn got run over by a tractor
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Private 
Set pretty much directly after the Towhee thread!  Assuming there's no crazy unexpected stuff to end that one. >_>  No huge rush!

Running into Towhee had been a confusing dose of reality.  Colt was gone, Quixote had probably put himself on a wild road that could also end badly, and to ominously top it off, Towhee wanted him to think about leadership.  The walk back to where he'd last seen @Raven gave him plenty of time to think about it, leaving him anxious and wondering how he'd keep things from spiraling further out of control.  The only thing that was certain was that he might not be the best one to broach certain subjects with the alpha, as he had Opinions and would stick by his guns come hell or high water.  He didn't want to risk getting angry about it again.

And though he'd been eager to give Towhee a figurative giant middle finger sometime about how her isolationist orders were previously messing with his attempt to find a girlfriend, maybe this had turned out to be a little bit too far?  Not that he had too much in the way of regrets about what happened if everything ended up ok in the end, he was more worried about what it meant for Raven than himself.  After all, Quixote was confident that he'd be able to take whatever punches Towhee could throw, but it should only be at him and him alone.  Aw, hell, why was he bothering to think about that right now?  Hadn't come to that yet.

Quixote's pace was hurried as he crossed along the lake's edge, following his own scent trail back to where he'd started the day.  Eventually he spotted what was almost certainly Raven's dark silhouette on the other side of some scraggly, still-hibernating bushes roughly where he last saw her.  Quixote called out before he even rounded the last corner,  That didn't go as planned -- ran into Towhee.  He was definitely not as calm and collected as he been with her previously, the old stressed out about all kinds of things Quixote was back -- what a mood killer. The world wasn't quite on fire yet, but somewhere that pyro kid was playing with matches.
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Sorry this took forever! Finals week, ugh. -insert "this is fine" meme here- IIRC, the talk with Towhee happened the morning after their sexy funtime, but correct me if I am mistaken!

So many things lingered on Raven's mind in the hours that had passed since her tryst with Quixote. She'd never done any of this before, so it was all a huge question mark to her. Were they like...a mated pair now? Would she become pregnant from the (undeniably misbegotten yet oh so wonderful) events of last night? Thoughts of him filled her with a ticklish warmth deep in her belly and set her heart to fluttering, and despite the fact that she knew what they'd done wasn't wise, she couldn't help wanting more of him. With her heat at full peak, they would undoubtedly be getting to know one another's anatomy quite a bit more over the days to come. But for her, at least, it wasn't just chemical. Part of her had wanted this for a very long time, and she wondered what Quixote thought about it all. Would he still be interested in her after the drug of her scent had worn off?

The sound of his approach reached her long before he did, and his words preceded his entrance into her view. Her eyes widened as he mentioned he'd encountered Towhee, and judging by the flustered, stressed-out expression on his face, it had not gone so well. Oh god, Raven thought to herself, a chill of anxiety taking the place of all the warm fuzzies she'd been feeling moments ago. Does she know? She just sat there staring at him with eyes all O____O for several long seconds before finally finding her voice. "Oh...how, uh...how'd that go?" Exactly what depth of shit are we in right now?
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
It would have been nice if he'd just been able to go do his investigations and return without a problem, but it wouldn't be life if it didn't go totally wrong, now would it?  Either way, Raven's hormones were fighting against Quixote's own cache of adrenaline, and at least so far, the panic was winning.

Quixote was too wound up to sit down right away, pacing back and forth as he started his reply.  Well, I don't think she's gonna show up right behind me at least.. So uh. I guess as good as it could have gone?  A pause, as he thought of something worse.  Unless she was lying about going on a patrol.  Suspiciously, he stopped pacing to give the nearby sky a quick scan for a hawk, but didn't see one anywhere nearby.  Which was a good thing, as if she'd been hot on his heels, Quixote probably would have tried to hide.  It was amazing that Towhee had gone from being no more threatening than any other leader to being Lovecraftian horror levels of fear in just one encounter.

He shook his head then finally took a seat, even if the space that he left between them felt kind of weird.  Okay, summaries.  Colt screwed up and got booted, which -- I dunno,  I'll have to talk to him later, it sounds like he was stupid about it.  Least newsworthy thing first, let's go on to where the weird and/or scary things started, Then she asked if I'd consider leadership?  Like what the hell is she even planning?  I don't get it, I really don't,  but it was more just a pile of confusion rather than scary.  Unless Towhee was more socially inept than he  and that was her way of asking him out or something, in which case then it'd be scary.  She also wanted to find out if you knew whether we could plant more trees -- for 'future generations,' she said which was the thing that really touched the whole internal screaming thing, -- so I told her I'd ask, but I almost lost the plot.  

Drawing in a deep breath, he tried to focus and calm down at least a little.  Quixote's tone shifted to be almost more helpless than the panic from before, She freaked me out, but I don't think she has a clue?  I just -- I don't know.  He looked to Raven, searching for some sign of what she thought.  The world had been much better when the consequences were distant.  If it was just me, I wouldn't care.  But Raven was here, and she might mind more.  From his perspective, the only thing wrong was that someone might get mad in the first place.  But that was just the thing, wasn't it?  For at least that night he'd been happy, so that meant everything would go wrong.
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
His words brought her some comfort, but she still had her misgivings. Towhee was a lot smarter than some gave her credit for, and she had a remarkable ability to figure things out on her own. Raven had never been able to keep a secret very effectively, and the notion of doing such a thing didn't sit right with her anyway. But Quixote's other tidings made her arch a brow curiously as well. Colt's gone?

That confounded her a little, to be honest. Sure, the Blackthorn could be opinionated and difficult to get along with at times, but he was a strong and capable wolf who had contributed well to their pack. He had helped them relocate, backed them up in the standoff against Screech, and...wasn't he Finley's brother? It just didn't make any sense that he'd been thrown out of the pack so suddenly. Then again, if he'd gone toe to toe with Towhee, then maybe it shouldn't have been surprising at all that he was given the boot.

Towhee's offer of leadership to Quixote didn't surprise her in the least, though. She could think of few wolves in their pack who were more deserving than he. His taciturn personality wouldn't be winning him PR awards anytime soon, but he was dedicated, hardworking, and had proven himself to be level-headed in a conflict when the ka-ka hit the fan with Screech and his bunch. She could see the merits he might bring to the Redhawks' leadership, even if he couldn't see them himself.

As he spoke, she listened quietly and let him get it all out. As he finished, though, his comment, "If it was just me, I wouldn't care." moved her a little. It meant a lot to her that he cared about her enough to be worried about how any potential fallout might affect her. Truthfully, it meant a great deal to her that he even came to her with all of this at all. She was happy to let anyone rant to her, but the friendly distance that had always been between her and Quixote seemed to be crumbling more and more with each passing moment that they spent in one another's company. She liked it.

She thought for a moment before speaking, and when she did, her feedback was simple: "I think you'd be a good leader. You should accept." A sweet smile painted her face, confidence radiant in her eyes. She wasn't sure if Towhee was angling at something, or if this was some strange attempt to ingratiate herself to him with the goal of wooing him. She fervently hoped that wasn't the case. "As for trees, I...I guess we could plant some. I mean...I know how to do it, I'm just not really sure...why." A short walk down the side of the plateau would take one directly into a thickly-overgrown thicket full of trees. Why did Towhee need more?
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
With Colt gone, all Quixote had was Raven.  He might have considered Towhee a friend once, but with her becoming a leader, it had foisted her into some weird limbo where he wasn't comfortable speaking his mind to her.  On the other hand, he and Colt had just operated on the same wavelength -- there wasn't really a question that one would betray the other.  It was a friendship that he wanted to figure out how to keep, even if he couldn't find a way to get Colt back into the pack.

Then there was Raven.  With her, Quixote was taking a risk -- he'd gone all in on this single play based on instinct rather than thought.  So far, he'd been rewarded with a taste of taste of what he'd been missing, a faint dream glowing on the horizon.  He'd bare his soul for a chance at it, without question -- anything she wanted, anything.  She had wanted him to stay, so he would.  And if she changed her mind, was anything else holding him here?  To Quixote, their intimacy had shortcut around some of his more difficult walls, causing him to work from a later page in the handbook, so to say, and perhaps he was wrong in assuming she was too, but he'd figure it out eventually if that was the case.

The longer he sat, the more her scent started to win out over his anxiety -- her smile helped quite a bit with that too.  He relaxed.  As Raven spoke, Quixote eventually got to his feet again, stretching.  We'll see what she says.  I think we both decided to think about it.  See if she changes her mind.  Though it did make him wonder if Towhee would regret saying so in the first place.  Because then what happened if she screwed up again?  Should he put his money where his mouth was?  There were other things that would make Quixote step up to the plate anyway, but if he no longer had the excuse of 'not being the right fit' then that might add a few more to the list.  What if she was creating a monster?  

The space between them that had initially felt weird now felt too far, so he stepped closer, sitting down within reach even if he didn't do so, Might just be me, but seems like there's a lot less places to hide from the summer sun on the plateau than there were on the caldera.  Maybe just a few trees in the more open areas -- easier to take a nap under a tree than a bush.  By then he seemed almost bemused at the idea.  Raven didn't seem too concerned, so why should he be?  He'd probably just overreacted.  Probably a ways out anyway, can always see if it seems needed in a couple months when stuff is all green and alive.  Winter had felt like forever, and that still seemed like even farther away.

There was still that other nagging question, though still delivered with that same humor, Or do you think Towhee'll try to feed me to her bird before then?
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
In many ways, they were more alike than either of them realized. Like Quixote, Raven had no real friends here either. She had numerous acquaintances, sure, and plenty of family whom she loved dearly. But when it came to close friends she felt she could trust unconditionally and really be herself around, she drew a blank. It was a big part of what had always made her feel like such a wallflower in her own pack, like she was always standing on the outside looking in. Everybody seemed to have such close bonds and there seemed to be such a tightly-knit sense of togetherness among them, but that had never really extended to her -- at least not in her mind, anyway. She was a healer and a caretaker, occasionally a counselor, sometimes a parental figure...but nobody ever really stopped by just to ask her how she was doing.

The closest thing she had to a friend around here was Screech, but...well. That was a smoking crater of destruction now.

She knew little of Quixote on a personal level, but he'd always appeared somewhat solitary and aloof, so she suspected it was much the same for him. Strange as it seemed, it was far too easy to live in a big, thriving pack and yet feel so alone.

She nodded in agreement with his comments about him and Towhee both giving some thought to the alpha's offer, but she hoped he would accept. She didn't want him to put himself in a position that might make him uncomfortable, but at the same time, it was a great opportunity for him. Plus, when Towhee made mistakes (and as young as she was, Raven was sure there would be more of those), it was helpful for her to have a team of strong leaders around her to help keep things under control. Had she been a little bolder, she might have asked Towhee for a leadership position herself, just so she could back her younger sister up in a more official capacity. But Raven knew without a doubt that she wasn't leadership material. Authority and aggression really weren't her thing. She was content to practice her craft in the shadows, among her flowers and plants.

On that subject, she replied to his comments about planting trees, "I'll see if I can round up some seeds later in the season when they start to drop. I spend a lot of time dealing with plants anyway." He had moved closer, and Raven was glad. She yearned to go to him, to touch him, to feel that electric warmth between them again. She scooted toward him, closing what little distance remained between them so that their shoulders brushed and the heat of their bodies mingled. "I'll talk to Towhee," she said after a moment, her voice soft. "I don't want to hide...this, whatever it is." She looked at him, calm yellow eyes searching his face. Part of her didn't want to tell anybody about this. Sharing it with others would draw attention to it, open it up to scrutiny, question, gossip. She wanted to keep it a secret, dear and close to her heart, as if to protect it from being broken somehow or taken from her. Yet she knew she couldn't do that, and keeping secrets made her so weary. And she didn't want Quixote stressed out or afraid on account of her unwillingness to spill the beans to the alpha. What they had was too good to be plagued by anxiety and lies.
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Ok how is it 3am I think I am just going to stop writing now. >_>  New day, new edits. :D

Perhaps it had been his own fault that he'd become just some cog in the machine of the pack, known but not a friend.  It was supposed to be different here, but that didn't stop him from falling into old habits that now may be mistakes.  He'd made assumptions about the others, and one of those had been that Raven was too busy to give him the time of day.  Obviously, he'd been wrong.  Was he wrong about everyone or was she special?  Honestly, he was quick to believe she was the only one that wouldn't been as expected, but again, old habits.

If Quixote was to try to be more of a leader, at the encouragement of both Towhee and Raven, he'd probably have to put a stop to some of the things that he assumed.  He'd have to actually go meet the others in the pack that he had only brushed by in passing, that he'd probably have to prove himself worthy in one way or another.  But how?  He wasn't really sure, as vying for position had never really been his game.  Should it be?  It wouldn't be a set of questions that would be answered easily.

And there was Towhee's other comment making an appearance, bringing a smirk to Quixote's face Yeah, she mentioned that.  I'd be happy to help you with that stuff.  Might not have a clue about any of it, but I can at least collect what I'm pointed at.  Raven was even closer now, and though he'd rather do more, Quixote settled for bumping Raven's shoulder playfully.  They did probably need to have this talk, one way or another, though he wish it hadn't been forced the way it had.  Probably should try to get through it without too many amorous distractions.  Unfortunately.  Quixote kind of wanted to ditch the whole thing and come back to it later.

To him, talking to Towhee was the biggest of all risks.  She had the power to ruin things, even if it wasn't fair for her to do so.  The other members of the pack mattered far less, even the betas -- they were all allowed opinions, but there was no saying he'd give a damn.  Sure, he was wary but at the same time he trusted Raven knew her sister well enough to know it wouldn't end too badly, You sure?  I mean...  Hiding could be fun -- at least if I know my lines.  But if you think it's best, go for it...  He couldn't really help himself (so much for being all professional), as he wanted to give her some show that he'd stand by her choice, so Quixote leaned in to nuzzle her cheek as he murmured, Though if she tries to give you trouble about it, lemme know.  And he did mean it, perhaps more seriously than he sounded.  Towhee wasn't going to be allowed to take Raven away from him, if he had any say.

But Raven's wording bugged him, and after a few moments he leaned away slightly to get a better look at her, But.  This.  Um.  Are we just winging it?  Or.  Uh.  Words.  Though he was trying to gauge her potential reply, his own fumbles made him look away before he could really do so.  There were certain things he knew, but this was part that he definitely didn't.  It probably made him sound more like a yearling than a fully-fledged adult, awkward and maybe a bit shy.  He could guess what he wanted for himself, but he obviously didn't know what Raven thought.  Nor was this likely the best time to make more serious decisions, with their addled brains, but he was curious whether she'd been meaning anything specific.  There was always the chance the dream was fated to end.
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Her heart hammered in her chest, and nervousness threatened to overrun her brain's ability to function at all when the subject turned more fully to the relationship they'd suddenly fallen into. It was funny, how she could be a trained midwife and know so much about birth and puppy-rearing, yet know so little about relationships and how they worked. Inwardly, she cursed her inexperience. Like Quixote, she felt more like a fumbling yearling than a fully-grown adult nearing her third summer.

He mentioned that hiding it might be fun, and she might have agreed with him if not for biology. They'd done the deed, now, and if there was any chance she could end up pregnant, than it was her duty to inform the alpha. If Towhee forbade the pups, there were a few courses of action Raven could take, none of which appealed to her in the least. But the first step was telling the truth and seeing what it got them, even if it was a big, heaping pile of oh shit.

She grinned at him, shrugging a little in response to his last statement. His uncertainty was adorable, and it was most definitely shared by her as well. "I mean...I like this..." she ventured, her eyes glancing at his fleetingly before darting away nervously. "We sort of did things...uh...fast. Kind of backward, actually. But I dunno. I don't want it to stop?" She chanced a look at him again, heart in her throat. What if he didn't feel the same? What if this was just nature taking its course, only to return to the way things had been before when her heat had run its course? She realized she needed to mentally prepare herself for the possibility of an answer she might not like, but at the same time, she wasn't sure she could bear to go back to being just packmates. Coworkers. Cordial hellos, smiles and nods in passing. She barely knew the guy, but there was something about him that she liked.
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Quixote wasn't afraid of her responses, and he watched her with an even but still kind of vulnerable gaze -- he pretty much assumed things would eventually go wrong, but would continue to act like they wouldn't.  It would be his fault if it did, after all.  Things always were.  Quixote was a little bit broken.  So much of his life had been pointed at fighting that he'd missed some of those key bits of socialization that'd probably would have made this go a little bit more typically. Quixote didn't like admitting things that made him seem even tentatively weak or confused, even if he would have been willing in a different life, and he was further stumbling over the preconceived notion that relationships were supposed to take ages to develop and that anything less was doomed to failure.

But when Quixote spoke, he couldn't keep his eyes on her, uncertainty making him looking away more and more as he went on, Yeah.  Uh.  Not my usual... What is it?  Modus operandi or whatever.  But I guess, uh, none of this is. 'If it wasn't obvious enough.'  Quixote wanted to talk himself up, to make her want to stay, despite his own numerous flaws that his brain was keen to bring to the forefront.  He didn't want to try again to find someone else, partially because he was pretty sure that he'd gotten lucky in more than one way with Raven.  There was no saying that the planets would align that way again.  How would he say what he wanted to without maybe scaring her off?  Maybe he just shouldn't have brought it up and they could just exist in limbo.

He huffed, frustrated at himself and his apparent inability to figure out how to express what he wanted to say.  I just.. Uh. -- I'm kind of an idiot so I'm sorry if I made things needlessly complicated... Or if I end up messing things up later.  But -- but I did say I'd stick around as long as you'd keep me.  I'll stand by that -- or uh, you.  By then he could barely look up, brow furrowed in concentration, only peeking her way just for a second at the last word.  Good job, Quixote, throwing the ball back in her court, but it was probably as close as he could come to admitting that she'd made him happy.  And not just in a "yeah I guess this day is passable" kind of way, but actually, legitimately happy to be existing at that moment because he wasn't trash or a cog in a machine.  Maybe it was too much or too hormone-driven, sure, but he'd take the chance.
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
He apologized for making things complicated, and Raven grinned a little at the irony of it. It was ironic because while it should have felt complicated and confusing, what had transpired between them felt like the most natural and wonderfully uncomplicated thing in the world. It felt right. It was everything else that was complicated: Towhee, the possibility of pups, the intricacies of building a relationship after the hormones had subsided...all of that. But what was happening between them now was as simple and free as it could get. She leaned in and tenderly touched his jaw with her nose, and her voice was soft as she commented, "You haven't complicated anything at all. This has been..." she leaned back now, searching for a more eloquent word but unable to come up with anything better than "...wonderful."

Nobody had ever been interested in her this way before. She'd had a few crushes in the past, and there had been little flirtations here and there, but it had been a very long time since any of that had happened. Over time, it seemed like Redhawk had become primarily a family pack, and Raven's romantic prospects had dwindled accordingly. She had channeled all her feelings on the issue into her work, becoming ever more reclusive as she focused on expanding her knowledge and refining her craft. Quixote had never shown her much interest before now, but she'd never made herself especially available for attention either. Now, with her heat, nature had just sped up what might have been inevitable, given enough time.

"I'd love it if you stuck around. I want to get to know you better," she continued, not at all bothered by the fact that she was saying that after they'd already gotten freaky. There was no denying that he'd awakened feelings in her toward him, and she couldn't bear the thought of going back to the way things had been before. Was this what it was to be mated to someone? She didn't know. With a wryly amused grin, she commented, "We do make a pretty sexy pair, if you ask me." There was no denying that the two black wolves looked good together, after all.
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Quixote leaned into her touch, hesitant to stop as she pulled away, but he did.  His face had softened again, echoed by a quiet whine.  Raven had well and truly hooked him, at least enough to draw him out of any of these little self-hating spirals with barely an effort.  The future was an uncertain blur of opportunities, some of which were far from his mind, even though they shouldn't be.  Whatever happened, he'd roll with it, as always, and if Raven didn't think he'd scrambled anything, all the better.  But.. It was kind of wonderful, wasn't it?

He was quick to pick up on the humor, Mm, I think you're carrying me in that one, not that I mind too much, what self-respecting guy would?  He had a beautiful woman right at his side and things seemed to be looking up because of it.  What more could he wish for?  Yeah, sure, Towhee could cause some problems for both Raven and himself -- and would, but not the ones he was expecting -- but right now, it wasn't important.  It's... it's been like a good dream.  And I'm all for seeing if it'll work.  So whatever you want or need or.. Anything.  He dipped his head to give her a series of light kisses from chin to cheek.  Quixote was bad with words but not as awkward with actions.
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
She could think of a few things she wanted at that particular moment, but she forced herself to chill and keep the hormones at bay...at least for a little while longer, anyway. His words gave her a great deal of comfort, and a feeling of warmth and security that was new to her. He was right, and she liked his way of putting it: it was like a good dream, one from which she hoped she never had to wake up.

Little chills ran down the length of her spine as he kissed her along the side of her face, and she couldn’t help the little giggle that slipped from her lips. It tickled and gave her such a rush at the same time! She looked at him with heat in her gaze, suddenly wanting him very much and finding it difficult to resist jumping him. ”So...are, uh...are we mates now?” She wasn’t sure how this whole thing worked. They had mated and would likely be expecting pups, but yet they knew so little about one another. She wanted to claim him as her own, but at the same time she realized how absurd that might seem.
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Yeah, uh.  About those things that should have been on the forefront of his mind and weren't?  That was one.  Quixote had been just about to lean in for another, slightly more aggressive pass, driven on by her laugh -- instead, he froze for a second as the gears turned in his brain.  Um.  I don't know -- uh.  It would be awfully freakin' quick.  But at the same time, he was already kind of considering her his.  He didn't want to push -- Quixote could keep all manner of things boxed away in the back of his mind without much fuss.  But he had to say something!  Pending?  Make sure we don't suddenly hate each other in a week at least?  Though he spoke with a sort of bemused tone, that was the thing he was afraid of -- that she'd wake up with her heat over and realize she'd made a big mistake.  Then where would they be?  Sure, wolves didn't have to deal with the paperwork, but that didn't mean that the rest of the pack talking about a failed sudden mateship wouldn't hurt.

After a pause, a slight tilt of his head, Hm.  If Towhee gets mad, would being all official make it better or worse?  He had nooo idea what she'd think about any of it, but assumed that she'd be pissed as hell and try something wonky.  Surely, Quixote had irritated the snot out of Towhee enough recently that was the foregone conclusion.  Would she react worse if they were truly mates?
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Raven nodded in agreement to his comment that they were "pending" for now, though she was pretty confident she wouldn't wake up hating him anytime soon. It was probably better that they got to know one another a bit more first anyway. She didn't even know his surname, or where he came from, or what his "story" was. To his question, she merely shrugged and shook her head. "I have no idea, honestly," she answered unhelpfully. This wasn't a situation she or Towhee had ever been in before, so it was a total coin-toss as to how Towhee would react. "Either way, though, I'm in this as long as you are." She nuzzled his neck then, closing her eyes and savoring his scent and the warmth of his skin. Whatever this was, she knew there was more to it than mere chemicals and biology. There was a connection here that transcended all of that, and she wanted to dig deeper into it and see where it took them.
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
At least it didn't seem like he'd said the wrong thing.  It seemed like it might be a potentially touchy subject, but he'd apparently played a good game of Minesweeper... For now.  Surely he'd mess up sometime, or someone would do their best to help screw things up.  The biggest dangers to this were those that he had no control over whatsoever. 

If she was trying to melt him into a pile of goo, what she'd done was a good way to start.  Her touch almost felt like it burned, sending a momentary bristle through the fur within her reach.  Quixote's eyes closed for the moment as well, neck arcing to direct her to where he wanted.  She'd jolted him out of this state previously with her last question and now she'd gone and pulled him back from pondering about problems to this less complicated state.  Or more complicated since it came with it's own complications later on?  Oh hell, whatever.  2complex4now, let's just pay attention to Raven instead.

With a blatantly amorous murmur, he turned in place slightly so that he could lean towards her, lightly dragging the edge of his muzzle up the side of her face, only pausing to whisper in her ear, So, then... Whatever you want?  And though he knew what he was hoping for, as long as he got to stay with Raven, he probably didn't care in the end.  Even with Quixote operating at a far more basic level at this particular instant, it didn't mean that when his brain cleared he'd have a change of heart.  This was what he wanted, wasn't it?  Sure, not the normal way to go about it, but if the result was the same, would anyone care in the end?  The world worked in weird ways, so who was he to judge?  Probably would make for a good story if anything.
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Post #300 is for you!

He arched his neck into her touch, and she grinned at his response. She was tired of talking about things that were too convoluted and messy to make sense of. There were far better ways to spend their time. She had said she wanted to get to know Quixote better, she just hadn't specified exactly how she intended to do that. She had a pretty good idea how she wanted to start, though. He shifted in place so he could trace the line of her face with his muzzle, the touch making her shiver and bristle, and the words he whispered into her ear quickened her heart. She gave him a long look, her amber gaze simmering with the heat of her affection for him, and slowly nodded: yes.

She leaned forward and softly nibbled the side of his jaw, tracing a line of kisses up to the base of his ear. Rising to her feet, she continued on down to his stout shoulder, catching his eye as she nipped him lightly. She flashed him a coy grin, indicating clearly that this was in fact exactly "whatever she wanted".
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Though he'd arrived on the scene full of panic, she'd erased it.  Problems were forgotten, and the rest of the world became secondary to the glorious creature that was Raven.  He still didn't have any idea how she was able to do that so easily -- sorcery, magic, whatever, something far beyond his limited scope.  Again, whatever spells she wove burned their way across his face and he crooned softly at her.

Quixote got to his feet quickly to follow, having to stop himself from practically bowling Raven over in the process -- grace was not his forte, particularly this close.  Okay, maybe he was a little eager, too.  His greenish eyes were locked on to her figure, tracing every movement she made, interrupted only when he took his own turn to again bury himself in the fur of her neck.  

It wasn't like he hid what buttons he liked having pushed, and so with a touch, a kiss, a glance, it was the perfect lure for one such as him.  Like a moth to a flame, just both in black.  Whatever she wanted.
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
A nip here, a nibble there. A flash of teeth, an intake of breath. Eyes, chartreuse and gold, burned. Sunlight gleamed and danced on ebony curves and angles, indistinct where one wolf ended and the other began. And did it really matter? He pressed into her neck and she almost purred, senses full of him, heart beating to a rhythm he controlled. She rubbed along his side, catlike, trailing her tail beneath his throat as she placed a stinging kiss just above his. It was clear what they both wanted, she the siren and he the wayward mariner, and with her song she drew him into her depths. But as they joined together in that most primordial of dances, he would find that there was no danger in these waters.