Kildeer Rest a falling out we won't tiptoe about
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist
Private 

Things are more or less quiet in the Sanctuary.  Still, there is less small game than she had hoped for.  It seemed as if a feral cat colony set up shop and were presently more or less running the roost.  The boulder was not home to much other than rabbits and squirrels, so she set out in the early morning to hunt for Olive and the children.

The only problem was, she was really bad at it.  Voles and mice were easy enough for her if she tried long enough, and anything much bigger than that caused the fineboned seasprite grief.  

It was part of the reason she hadn't hunted for anyone other than the children in Sunspire — for truly, she was no good at it — but it was also partly because of how underappreciated she felt there.  It was different here, at least.

[Image: 70c0c50922211f79c19a9fbb2dbe797a.png]

42 Posts
Ooc —
Permission given to PP Sirius who won't be anywhere in the immediate area!

Drakonis and Sirius had finally entered the place called Teekon Wilds. It had taken Drakonis almost two months of constant pestering and begging and just being relatively annoying before his half brother had cracked. The boy wasn't too social and even with their stable bond Sirius was quiet. The constant bothering had done it's job and here they were. They had walked around for a while before Drakonis and him parted ways to hunt, Sirius preferring to go it alone as always. With just two of them to feed it wasn't much of a bother to hunt for themselves only. 

He could smell squirrels and rabbit and out of the two the latter was his favorite. Squirrels were chewy and tough with such little meat whereas rabbit was rich and juicy and had enough to fill his stomach and then some. He began to trail after the most recent scent, quiet until he also caught wind of a she wolf's scent. Blue eyes lifted  to look around, ones he had been told were a softer hue then his dad's fierce electric gaze. More baby blue even though they were still highly saturated that they caught your eye. It was a Svartell thing, for his uncle had it and what he remembered of Titus was his baby eyes were so shockingly bright it was like staring at a blue sun.  He didn't see the she wolf at first so he continued onward until he saw her, traipsing along unbothered. Without Sirius nearby he had no qualms about striking up conversation and he called out to her "Hello ma'am !" his voice  gravelly with the timbre of a boy who has just settled right into a comfortable state of manhood.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

Well, so much for hunting!  She could not help but crack a smile and laugh, tail waving gently behind her.  Greetings, she called back, giving a polite dip of her head as she approached.  Now that they'd settled in the Sanctuary she was less guarded with these strangers, and she approached with perhaps more ease than was safe.

The first thing she noticed were his eyes.  Cornflower blue, stark against his agouti coat.  They reminded her of her own, but she made no comment.  What brings you out here?

42 Posts
Ooc —
Drakonis flicked an ear at her laugh, wondering what was done to make her laugh. His lips curved upward into a half smile, tail giving a lazy wag behind him as he watched her approach. She was a pretty thing, The most pretty thing about her was her eyes though which were beautiful in how they stuck out. She asked a pleasant question and he saw no reason not to answer it completely honest. "I've come to find my father. He came here a long time ago to start a new life when he killed the man who murdered my mother and brother...I was thought dead too. I wanted to find him...he loved my mother and me.." he trailed off unsure if what he was saying was too much. It probably was, shit...he'd just word vomited his whole life story on this pretty little female.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

Wow, what a monologue.  Her eyes widened a little bit at his response, brows raised as she blinked a few times.  While this wasn't the first time a stranger had dumped their whole life story on her (she did, after all, have that kind of welcoming aura) she was rather surprised!  Oh, I am sorry to hear that.  I don't know how much help I can be with your quest, but my pack welcomes weary travelers and I have been known to be a good listener.  

Her smile never faltered as she surveyed him for a response, and her tail kept its gentle wag.  Your father sounds like a good man.  I hope you find him.

42 Posts
Ooc —
He ducked hjs head sheepishly and chuckled, ears flicking back at her stunned expression. Yeah...he'd overwhelmed her. "I'm sorry ma'am, probably shouldn't have just let loose on you like that" he said apologetically. He perked up when she said she had a pack, looking immediately interested when she also mentioned they took in travellers. He wasn't weary quite yet but be could see it being useful having a home to go to while he searched for his father.

"We'd appreciate having a stable place to stay while I look for him" he said and then realised he hadn't made it known that Sirius was with him. "By we I mean me and my half brother. Sirius. Our father is the same, moms are different." he said. He began to look awkward, realising he hadn't been around anyone other then his antisocial little brother in so long it had made him awkward. She knew pretty much everything about him but his name for hecks sake. Taking a breath he offered her a smile "I'm Drakonis Svartell. My brother is Sirius Svartell. I'd really appreciate it if we can at the least stay with you all for a while. We'll help out of course" he said and fell silent, looking at her hopefully.

aaaand the cats outta the bag woot woot
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

She shook her head.  I understand.  You remind me of myself, when I was just a bit younger.  There is no need to be sorry.  It sounded as if the boy had been through a lot, and she was not about to make him feel guilty for it.

She was surprised to learn there were two of them, but as she scented him she realized that perhaps she should not have been.  Even more surprised was she when she heard his name.  This time the shock bled into her face more freely, and she stiffened.  I do.. believe I might be able to help you, then.

Svartell was the name of Olive's one true love.  Svartell was the name of the man that Cassiopeia had murdered upon the Sunspire's borders.  Sirius' mother, her name is Olive?

42 Posts
Ooc —
Welp there goes the flirt with Olive thread xD he'll flirt with Cassiopeia. Shh.

He felt better when she brushed aside his apology, ears slowly rising up until she looked shocked and almost upset by what he said and they immediately flattened down. She could help him? Why did she not sound so pleased by that? Helping him wouldn't cause her problems would it? So many questions and what ifs ran through his mind but all he said was "You can?" 

He had heard very little about Sirius's mom except her name and how she had been his dad's mate after Oxsana. He knew Sirius didn't grow up with them, how he had been too sick to travel and Teaghlaigh had taken pity on him and let him be raised there. "Yes, it was...You know her? Is she here? Is my dad here?" he sounded excited, almost like a little boy in the way his eyes widened and his voice grew urgent with hope and desperation. How could he have been so lucky as to have found them right off the bat? Perhaps the gods favored him.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

Ah!  So this was the same Svartell family (as if there could be any other).  She could not help but feel the slightest bit threatened by this information, but she kept that tucked under lock and key to digest later, still blissfully unaware of her burgeoning feelings for Olive.  He is not, but Olive is.  

She worked things over in her head.  How was this going to be explained to him?  Would Olive want him to know the truth?  Would she lie again?  We are located at the Sanctuary just past these woods.  There is a large boulder there.  I will go ahead a bit, but gather your brother and meet us at the border.

42 Posts
Ooc —
Drakonis was too excited and happy to notice the change in demeanor, even more so when it was mentioned that Olive was there. Not a second thought occurred as to why his dad wouldn't be there too if they were together like he assumed. Instead his inner thoughts were more like I get to meet my stepmom? What if she doesn't like me? Maybe me returning her full blooded son will make her like me! Do I even want a new mom? I never had a mom before.. and jesus he was a mess inside.

He gave an absent minded nod and murmured thanks before heading off to find Sirius. He'd explain everything to him and tell him that they had a place to stay.