New Family {mostly for BDP respoce, but any can read.}
I have amnesia now, but that won't change me at all. You fight against my pack. I fight two times as hard. Now that shows you loyalty!
91 Posts
Ooc — Fireblaze
Fireblaze laid down in her new camp. She gazed up at the stars, and wondered if the pack would accept her as a pack mate. She glanced over at Blue Willow and Peregrine.

Will I ever have a mate like that, she thought. Could I be as good to my mate as that? She shook her pelt. Fireblaze knew it wasn't ok to think about that at such a young age.

Then, as Fireblaze was falling asleep, she thought, Will they accept me as new family, or will I always be an outcast?
<strong>here is a strange and bitter crop</strong>
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Pura was very, very awake, and nobody wanted to play with him. He had rushed from wolf to wolf, pawing at their knees or backs or face until he was shoved out of the way or growled at, and now he was down to the strangers. There were several to choose from, but the very newest newcomer was that black, tank-like thing that dozed at the edge of the clearing. Like most Blacktail Deer Plateau wolves, she was dark - a pattern that wasn't lost on Pura. The forest seemed to pull dark wolves in like moths to the flame, and only a handful (himself included) broke the trend.

The gangling grey boy lumbered up to the older wolf where she lay, and extended his nose to sniff at her at a meter's distance. She still smelled like a stranger - a mixture of cold and stone, if those things could be smelled. There was an absence of the earthy scents that characterized a veteran of the Plateau.

Pura took another step forward. "Who-o-o you?"
I have amnesia now, but that won't change me at all. You fight against my pack. I fight two times as hard. Now that shows you loyalty!
91 Posts
Ooc — Fireblaze
Fireblaze was half asleep, when a pup came up to her and asked who she was. "Hi there! I'm Fireblaze. Want to play?" She wagged her tail against the ground. This pup was cute.
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Would you mind lengthening your posts a little bit, so that I have a bit more to read and respond to? :) You could write a description of the time of day, how Fireblaze is feeling, what she thinks about Pura - it makes it more fun for me to react to you.

The dozing wolf burst from sleep like a furry Jack-in-a-Box, suddenly wide awake. The transition startled Pura, who scrambled backwards, tripped over his own tail, and half-fell into a sit. In the few seconds it took his breathing to return to normal, the grey pup studied the newcomer silently. He did most things silently, despite marked improvements to his speech. Pura just wasn't particularly chatty.

Fireblaze. She had a few ugly scars that he knew better than to draw attention to, and a wiry, boyish build. There was something wrong with one of her eyes, like the pupil had exploded, but the other was a pleasant blue. Pura shook his head at the invitation to play. "Hunt," he told her, hoping she was too new to turn him down. He wanted to venture into the forest, and technically needed someone to accompany him there.
91 Posts
Ooc — Fireblaze
[size=xx-small]Sure![/size][size=small]

Fireblaze watched the pup intently as he jumped back. This pup seemed trustworthy enough to play with. When he said hunt, she jumped onto her feet. "Sure," she said. "I have been so bored all day."

She walked towards the camp entrance/exit, and looked over her shoulder. "C'mon," she yipped. "I will teach you how to hunt!"

I'm sure this pup has a little bit to learn, she thought. Especially at this time of day, when it is very hot, and most of the prey is hiding.

"We can hunt now, and in the evening, if you like." She was excited to hunt as well, for it would give her the experience of training pups.[/size]
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Maybe Fireblaze can injure a mouse for him to chase?

There was a lot of 'blahblahblah' before Fireblaze eventually agreed to hunt with him, but at least she committed herself to several rounds. Pura stared past the newcomer whilst she got to the point, but his gaze drifted back to her face when it became apparent that she wanted a response.

"Now," he said simply, and followed the large wolf towards the exit. A few relatives raised their heads to ensure that he wasn't departing alone, and watched as the two monotone wolves disappeared into the forest.
91 Posts
Ooc — Fireblaze
[size=xx-small]Fireblaze doesn't know if Pura knows how to hunt, so she is just going to go over the basics, and then she will injure a mouse, yes, for him to chase.

[/size][size=small]Fireblaze scented the air. "Pura,"she said. "Remember to smell the air every once in a while." Turning around, she told Pura to watch her. Sniffig, she scented a mouse.

She crept up on it with silent paws, then pounced, holding its tail with one paw. She nipped at its front legs, then its back. She then carried it by the tail back to Pura. "Alright Pura," she mumbled around the mouthful. "I am going to let the mouse go, and I want you to catch it, and bite its neck."

"Then you can eat it." Sitting down, she let the mouse escape from her jaws.[/size]