Wapun Meadow Shut your mouth and run me like a river
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
All Welcome 
She walked through the meadow, listening to the dying grass crunch beneath her feet. Brynn was built for winter and so she was enjoying the colder days and nights. Her enjoyment was tainted, though. She was starting to feel a little out of place in Easthollow, and she only had one wolf to blame. She had followed him here only to have her heart broken. His last words to her were that he wouldn't give up, but she hadn't even seen him in weeks, partly because she was avoiding him, but also partly because he was rarely around. She didn't want him anymore, though. That's what she kept telling herself anyway. Seriously, though, even if he were trying his hardest, there was just no way she could ever trust him again. 

So, now she was here. She had obviously developed a loyalty for the pack and its members, but lately she had started to feel like maybe that wasn't enough anymore. Her walking brought her to a stream, and she walked to the edge and lowered her head to pull the cool liquid in her mouth. She lifted her head and gathered the extras drops of water from her lips with her tongue as she glanced around at her surroundings. She appeared to be alone, and honestly preferred it that way. Turning from the rivulet, she continued to follow it through the meadow with no real destination in mind.
: 0/10  : 2/5
Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear, and I can't help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
the weather took no tolls on the january woman, who was born to the north and bred to withstand the cold. she was small and lithe, but her fur was thick, and so she too had enjoyed the recent change of season. 

she strayed from the safety of the creek-- though sometimes she wondered if the anxiety and guilt she felt while there could be called safe-- to stretch her legs. she'd patrolled relentlessly, quite often, and a break would be kind to her ever-running mind. she spotted a woman in the distance, beautiful and dark, following the river that ran so effortlessly through the meadow. and so aria called out to her, in a soft chuff. any conversation that didn't run the risk of turning into a gossip fest was... more that welcome. 

her pale gaze scanned the stranger, tail waving and ears perked, as she waited for a response-- if she'd even receive one.
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She stopped and lifted her gaze to meet the source of the chuff. At first, she thought the pale form was her friend that had left without word to anyone, but upon further inspection, she realized it was just a similarly-colored stranger. Social interactions certainly weren't her strong suit, but being a part of a pack had helped some with that. So, she moved closer to the snowy female and dipped her head in greeting. Hey, she offered impassively. She recognized the scent of the pack that claimed the creek north of here but didn't recognize the woman. That wasn't too surprising; she hadn't really left the territory much until now, so she was only familiar with those who were a part of Easthollow.
Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear, and I can't help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
the other wolf responded, earning a bright tail wag from aria, who was relieved to hear something friendly-- or passive, anyhow. same as the other female, aria rarely left the creek. she stayed near the outskirts to patrol quite often, though, so she knew the bordering scents. wherever this wolf was from, aria recognized it. 

"i'm aria," she said, ears pricked, "from swiftcurrent creek." her pale crown gently motioned in the direction of the creek, her gaze glimmering as she regarded the other wolf curiously. oh, but now what... aria had nothing so interesting to say.
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She dipped her head at the pale female's introduction. Brynn, she offered. Um, from Easthollow, she awkwardly added a second later. She sat down and looked around uncomfortably as a weird silence fell between them. She didn't really know what to say next, and she shuffled a little on her front paws, cheeks heating slightly. So, uh, What brings you out here, she finally asked, feeling like small talk was better than no talk. She looked around a little before finally resting her light yellow gaze on the female in front of her, waiting quietly for her answer.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
oop.. sorry ):

"oh," said aria with a prick of her ears, "south of here, right?" probably-- aria really didn't travel that far from the safety of the creek. 

"oh," she said again, rather dumbly this time, "i just-- needed some fresh air, i suppose." fresh air was a good way to describe it. air to breathe. air that wasn't congested with the whispers of others. "and yourself?" 
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
No worries! :)

She nodded her agreement. Yeah, south, she answered with a small smile. 

I guess, um, for the same reason, Brynn replied with a shrug. Oh, and exploring a little, she added a second later but feeling stupid for doing so. Why did she need to clarify with that? It didn't help that she had just latched on to being out here for fresh air, agreeing only to hopefully make things less awkward. She had clearly done the opposite, though, a usual. Her ears fell a little and she looked away uncomfortably, hoping the other wolf hadn't noticed how weird she was yet.