Stavanger Bay oh the demons come, they can subside
stormblessed
282 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
All Welcome 
@Nausicaä - hoping the tag works with that special whoop de doo in ur name

It was late evening when Ford had pulled himself from a makeshift den near the woods. The charred forest seemed to creak against the touch of a cold wind. Winter was upon them, and it would not be long before the lands were coated in a layer of snow. Thick clouds hung overhead like looming threats. Surely, they were to see a flurry or two before the first big fall.

At a distance, Ford could see the changing leaves on forest trees. He thought that his mother might like the sight of them, if she were anywhere near. Knowing that she had enough to occupy her time, the titan pushed her from his mind and moved to stretch his lengthy frame against the sand of the bay. His mismatched gaze searched along the coast for signs of passersby. Should anyone attempt to move through, he would be eager to let them know his intentions for the land.
Call me Mr. Rattlebone
Holy Ghost who haunts your home
They don't know you like I know you
Call me Mr. Rattlebone
I am the driver, I am the shadow, and I am the hearse
4 Posts
Ooc —
<3 !
they are beckoned from their guardian's side by the honeyed call of thalassa, a bittersweet gift following the grief and terror of the moonless night. the echo of pontus' song guides the wolfdog to the shore — through the forest shedding verdant shades for gold and flame, over the stretch of glimmering emerald turf and into golden sands. tremulous limbs carry them to their mother's side, oblivious to all else; the eternal song fills their soul, spilling forth to the land of mortals through the conduit first in the form of a low, melodic howl. the sound rises and carries, haunting, morphing into words unrecognizable to any not born of amaranthine — the tribal tongue of the telkhines, ancient as the world itself, a language as fluid and eternal as beloved thalassa.
yet the song falters and dies within their throat before its completion, smothered under a sudden, crushing torrent of grief. "oh, mother — why?" the telkhine cries out weakly, fierce shivers gripping slender limbs. the wolfdog folds without warning, lowering to the sand with head tucked low and ears slicked back, salt-stiffened fur splayed in all directions by the disruptive movement. in a moment, the world ceases to exist, save the sea and self. thalassa is silent now, stoic. into the white noise of the crashing waves, nausicaä's heart beats a melancholy chorus against the tender cage of their ribs: amaranthine, amaranthine, amaranthine.
"greek" "common" "telkhinete"

2/3 threads
stormblessed
282 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
It was a voice crying out that pulled him down the stretch of beach. The boy's hardened stare sought any form of life to bring the agonizing sound to life. He was not entirely sure if he was superstitious, but he knew that he didn't want to confirm the idea of spirits by meeting a foul one. Still, the voice he'd heard had been more dismal than it was threatening. The titan wished to know what sort of pain was being inflicted on the land he aimed to take.

It was a peculiar sight that met his gaze. The creature looked to be thick-coated and splashed with a pattern that did not suit the average wolf. The features were smaller, but there was still a distinct wildness to her. It wasn't as though she didn't belong there, just that he had never seen someone so vastly different from them so close to the great waters.

“Are you alright?”

His gaze betrayed no emotion. The question was asked merely as a kindness. Ford didn't care if she was well or not, but he did know that they still had a great deal to go before their land was truly claimed and she did not seem to carry the scent of pack upon her coat. Yet, he wasn't certain if she was well in her mind. He had only just heard her calling out to the waters. He scolded himself mentally for having prioritized the prospect of a stranger over the safety of those already pledged. It wouldn't happen again.
Call me Mr. Rattlebone
Holy Ghost who haunts your home
They don't know you like I know you
Call me Mr. Rattlebone
I am the driver, I am the shadow, and I am the hearse