Blacktail Deer Plateau Infra turbo pigcart racer
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Tagging: @Tytonidae @Saēna @Pura :)

Others are welcome but I'd really love to see any/all of the other pups in here! I was thinking they could get a little bit of hunting practice. I'll be power-playing Osprey.

In the days since his first interlude with Lasher during the solar eclipse, Peregrine's feelings on the matter had vacillated wildly. Sometimes, he felt incredible shame and disgust with himself. At others, he caught himself reliving every detail of their brief interplay, a sultry smile arching his lips. He tried to be patient with himself; he needed time to process how he really felt about everything. The moods swings were taxing, though.

And, of course, lust compelled him to seek out the ocher Delta despite his confusion. He hid his turmoil well even as he begged Lasher for several more rounds. He always felt particularly dirty just afterward, though the more the two of them engaged in their taboo trysts, the more Peregrine began to accept this part of his nature. It certainly helped that he was beginning to develop feelings for Lasher, a genuine attraction and attachment, though he did his best to keep that to himself as well.

This morning, thoughts of his secret lover drove him to distraction. Catching himself, he shook his head and began to walk steadily around the rendezvous site. What happened next was a stroke of luck: a frightened young rabbit darted right in front of him. Despite his broken paw, Peregrine lunged instinctively, his broken paw coming down on the hare's back. His cry of pain sounded simultaneously with the noise of the creature's back breaking.

These sounds drew the attention of at least one of the drowsing pups, who lay in a pile across the clearing. Osprey lifted her head, blinked sleepily, then hoisted herself onto all fours with an unladylike grunt. Huge ears swiveling, she trotted over to see what her father was doing. The sight of his pained grimace caused her to frown lightly, though the twitching rabbit at his feet effectively snared her attention. Her two-toned eyes widened and her black tail gave a predatory lash.

Noticing Junior's reaction in spite of the pain shooting up his leg, the Alpha male shifted and invited, "Go on, Junior, kill it," and stepped aside to see how she'd fare with her first (mostly) alive prey.
<font style="font-family:helvetica; font-size:12.5px; color:#4B0082;">Each of us can only deal with what’s in front of us.</font><p><I>Avatar by STEVIE!! :)</i>
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
Hawkeye watched Peregrine daydream from far off in the trees with her green eyes, recognizing the look on his face, yet it was not quite as strong as what she saw for herself. Narrowing her brow, she wondered if he had finally fucked Blue Willow; Hawkeye wouldn't be too surprised by the fact, but she could at least say "I told you so".

After watching him lunge after a small animal, presumably a rabbit, she moved forward in a pissy mood. Serves him right to get hurt while jumping for prey while he's injured. Idiot.

She froze in place when she neared and saw that Junior was going to go after the rabbit. Hawkeye's look softened and she moved her eyes to study Peregrine.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
I guess none of the other pups want to play. :(

Ah, well, we'll have one last mommy, daddy and Junior thread... :')

Edit on 8/4: Concluding this since it's sat for a month.

Although he kept his focus primarily trained upon his young daughter, Peregrine didn't fail to notice Hawkeye's approach. Even out of the corner of his eye, he intuited the aggressiveness in her demeanor and turned toward her, eyes hardening as he wondered what she was about to say or do. Whatever it was, it never transpired, as she froze to watch Osprey too. After gazing at her pensively a moment longer, Peregrine turned back toward the pup.

Osprey was still staring at the rabbit, evidently mesmerized by its jerky, twitchy movements. It was only a matter of time before instinct ruled and, in a flash of black fur and white teeth, she sprang at the struggling bunny. She came down on it rather clumsily, much of her weight on the critter's head, and she froze when the rabbit gave an unexpectedly piercing scream that made her ears fly backward in astonishment.

The family of three watched silently as the rabbit died, its now misshapen head giving a few final twitches. Osprey batted at it a bit halfheartedly, perhaps still wary of the high-pitched noise that had come from it. Only when it lay still did she lower her nose and sniff at it, only to snort and back away. After casting a couple of sideways glances at her parents, she then lost interest and trotted away.

So much for training her up as a Gamekeeper, Peregrine mused wryly, turning wordlessly from Hawkeye to go find Blue Willow. Hopefully the Healer could give him a little something for his smarting leg.

Current time: April 28, 2024, 01:05 PM Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2024 MyBB Group.