King Elk Forest fortune and glory, kid
All Welcome  November 10, 2018, 03:52 PM
Harrison
Lone Wolves

branching out of the wistful little creek that had so captured his brother's attention, harrison found himself in the heart of a thick wood. it was more like what he'd imagined they'd seek to claim, though he knew that grayson was the type to get his mind stuck on something and never let it go. that was fine and dandy with him, really; the charmer was mostly along to get his kicks and settle down with a good wife who wouldn't ask too many questions.

the pale snake prowled his way through the brush of the wood. birds clattered overhead with a cacophony of sound that pulled his attention upward. a pair of crows seemed to be combating each other with feverishly beating wings and precise pecks. noisy things, but they didn't go after each other for very long before they took flight and vanished.

harrison prowled onward, keeping his head low and his body swayed from side to side. little flecks of light filtered through the foliage of the trees and danced along the pale hairs of his neck and back. the musky scent of forestry seemed to linger against the air, but he didn't mind any of that. with little direction, he paused near a large boulder and scanned the forest for signs of prey.
November 10, 2018, 04:23 PM
Lilah
Lone Wolves

God she was so stupid! She had zoned out and lost track of the group and then Grayson and Harrison had disappeared. She wasn't sure where she was but at least she was able to catch Harrison's scent rather quickly. She scurried along in a hurry, tail tucked nervously and eyes farting around in fear. The crows fighting did the trick and she yelped, startled off into a run which ended up being unfortunate because she smacked right into Harrison's backside.

She fell backward onto her haunches and stared at his butt in horror "Oh! H..Harrison im sorry. I lost track of you and Grayson and then Crows scared me..." she trailed off her purple eyes wide and then ducked her head, wondering if she was about to get scolded and yelled at for being so clumsy.
November 10, 2018, 09:14 PM
Harrison
Lone Wolves

his search was brought to a swift halt as he felt the shape of someone else collide with his rear end. harrison bristled immediately, swinging his crown around to face his assaulter with a wild glint and a peeled lip. when the sputtering girl became a familiar face, the pale snake released a sigh and shook his head at her.

girls were so soft and clumsy, he reminded himself. before the expression on his features was made into a permanent one, harrison cupped his ears forward and lowered his lip back over his canines. he stiffened and lifted his head upward. only then did he adopt his trademark smirk, allowing it to wipe away the last remainder of what had been his hostile snap. the brute was not any more pleased that it had been lilah who had careened into him, but he was always quick to put on a show to hide away any reflection of who he actually was.

“gotta watch where you're going, lilah,” he reminded her in a gruff tone. “you run the risk of bumping into some unsavory characters in a foreign land.”

it would always be their job to protect the fragile women that had pledged themselves to their calling. the men were there to keep those assets safe; they were superior in physicality, after all. harrison had always felt a magnetic pull to the life of a mercenary. it was likely what he would pursue when they had finally claimed the land they intended. ladies couldn't resist a man who could throw his weight around, could they?
November 11, 2018, 09:46 AM
Lilah
Lone Wolves

Her eyes flew wide open at the snarling face in front of her and she dropped into a crouch, pressing herself down close to the ground. She lowered her eyes and pinned her ears back, not aware that Harrison had already lowered his lips and was smirking at her. She nodded quickly at his words, shame creeping through her gut as yet again an Odolf told her to be more careful and watch herself. She seemed to never get anything right and when she spoke up her voice was shaky and thick with shame "Yes Harrison...I'm sorry. I was trying to catch up as quickly as I could, I had your scent but then these crows were loud and.....and well, it scared me."

She sneaked a look up at him and caught the smirk, that one it seemed all men had but Odolf men had perfected. Her breath caught and she stared for probably a bit too long before tearing her gaze away and slowly rising up from her scared position. "You were hunting weren't you? Darn.. I'm sorry. How about I go herb searching within the area and you can continue, then when you're done I'll find you? So I don't get lost and cause any more problems and you can finish your task" she suggested, trying to be helpful for once.
November 13, 2018, 01:40 PM
Harrison
Lone Wolves

harrison couldn't really imagine what it would have been like to be scared by a couple of noisy black birds. it did seem likely that a young woman would find the noise alarming enough to cause a spook. really, he wasn't upset with her for having run into him. when ladies were frightened, it only made sense that they would seek out the nearest man in hopes of receiving protection. in that regard, the pale snake understood exactly why she had collided with him so unceremoniously. it did make him feel better about himself, and wasn't that what they were supposed to do?

after his ego had been padded considerably, harrison swiveled a single ear to collect the remainder of what she was talking about. yes, he had been hoping to hunt so that they could eat. it was unlikely that there would be any promising prey in the trees after the crows had flown through and made their ruckus, as well as the noise that lilah and harrison had made. “i would hate for you to get lost again, lilah. let's have you stick with me and we'll collect herbs and try to hunt all at once,” he instructed her with a firm nod.

the idea of jaunting around in the woods in search of weeds wasn't really up his alley, but he would rather keep a close eye on the girl than have her disappear once the sun had disappeared beyond the mountains. as long as he stayed close by her, he figured she would be safe enough. hunting was not something that he anticipated she would actually aid him with, but proximity was key. as long as lilah could stay quiet, he could catch them something.
November 13, 2018, 08:41 PM
Lilah
Lone Wolves

Lilah finally stood at full height when she was sure he wasn't mad at her and gave a soft sigh of relief. She was ready to stay within earshot of Harrison and had prepared to make her way off when he kindly said he'd stay by her and collect the herbs with her. She immediately broke out into a grin that was pure happiness and gratitude and wagged her tail "Thank you Harrison. I'm sure this isn't what you want to do, it's really nice for you to help" she said and turned, waiting for him to follow. As she headed slowly away she focused on the plants around her and spotted what she had been looking for. The long feathery leaves pointed it out. She headed over and began to slowly dig, not minding the dirt and yanked out several bulbs one by one. She looked to Harrison "This is Fennel. Tastes sweet. It gives energy, keeps you going when food is low" she said and grabbed all the bulbs into her mouth to carry them with her.

Her ears perked suddenly at a sharp snapping in the bushes somewhere nearby and she looked to Harrison, wondering if he had heard it. She sniffed the air, smelling rabbit but said nothing. It wasn't her place to point out a hunt unless he missed it, besides she figured it would make him feel good to find it on his own.