Silver Creek thunderstruck
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Private 

It was late afternoon when she wandered beside the creek, soft ears cupped forward to listen to the gentle rush of water. It was a comforting sound, one that helped to fill the silence and soothe any worries or stray thoughts (ones that she ought to not mention), leaving her as calm as could be. A plush coat of silvery blue adorned her lithe body now, growing thick with the coming of winter and the icy fingers that would wrap around the teekon as snow fell; snow, snow was a curious thing, wasn't it? She could imagine the soft crunch beneath her paws, the distinct fresh scent and the tendrils of cold that would climb up her forelegs when she tested the ground's stability. She did not dislike winter.

The Renoda was uncertain of her future here, among these strange wolves, and so with a pause in her fishing she had opted to sit upon one of the smoother rocks beside the rippling creek, where she could feel what remained of the sun glittering upon her back and smile as the sounds allowed her muscles to relax where she lay, head resting gently on her paws. Even in such a simple gesture she was refined, comely, silvery blue tail shifting to curl delicately around her hind legs.

The sea nymph allowed her mind to wander, eyes drifting closed (but not consumed by sleep) as she tuned in to the humming sounds of nature around her.
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
81 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
sorry again for the deelaaayyy <3

"hello there."

his voice boomed through the snowy clearing and down over the creek, bouncing off the rocks and resting around the silvery fae that was passing through his lands. well, not really, his woof wasn't that impressive, but it certainly could've been described as such. 

she was sitting beside the creek, a petite little thing. as were all the women that came his way. she smelled of lilah and harrison and held salt upon her coat-- he wondered if she was from the ocean. he assumed that she must have been recruited by his paler sibling, but he could not deduce when. though, perhaps why, she was certainly a sight for sore eyes.

he padded over, tail arched above his back but expression amiable. "my name is grayson, you must be new among my ranks."
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
no worries <3

His voice was not an unwelcome one.

It boomed around (wispy ears cupped backward to listen) like a deep rumble of thunder, causing Faeryn to pause in her steady inhales of chilled air; the sound was almost familiar, resonating across the rocks like an incoming wave onto the soft shimmers of sand that made up the shore. His voice made her think of the sea - though much did, presently. It was a comforting, warm memory, and she concluded that she could become adjusted to the sound of his words with ease; dangerous ease, perhaps.

The Renoda girl peered around, vivid eyes of cerulean sparkling in a soft beam of light - clouds partially coated the sky in grey, but occasionally they would crack like glass and a scatter of sunlight would slink through to illuminate anything that lay below. "Hello, sir." euphonious voice slipped from her lips, and her tail swayed gently at her rear as he handed his name to her; so, this was the marvelled Grayson. He was a handsome man, she'd admit, coated in earthen browns and pale creams - like a forest in the midst of winter, she concluded. The sea nymph could see why the others swooned over him (and harrison, too), though she herself had never fallen for a man before. "That I am. It's a pleasure to meet you - I'm Faeryn." She gave a curt duck of her head, recounting Lilah's words in her head. She would learn from the other girls best how to act around men during her time within the confines of Silver Creek, and hopefully she would find what she was looking for - peace. Something to fill whatever it was that was missing.

That was her goal.
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
81 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
his expression, though friendly, deepened into a greater sincerity. "the pleasure," he echoed to the pale girl, "is all mine. i welcome you to rosings." and he meant it. another woman was another opportunity to reproduce-- and just for some much needed stress relief. this girl, he had to admit, was quite nice upon the eyes. then again, he did draw in that sort of crowd. 

"how are you settling in?" he asked the lady with a smile, settling before her, tail sweeping to his side.
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Oh no.

It was as she was listening to his words that she felt another great pang in her chest, a sorrowful spear into her heart - this wasn't right. It didn't feel right. Though Faeryn had been working hard to adjust to what her new life could be, her beliefs were different to those of the rosings' wolves, and Grayson's greeting on the shivering wind did not feel...

--it wasn't right. She didn't like it. Or did she? She'd already tried to settle, she'd gone a little too far now to back out, hadn't she? The sea nymph forced herself to maintain the delicate smile - partly because as of right now, Grayson didn't seem all that bad. If anything, he seemed like a gentleman, a nice man with a handsome smile to match; his views, though... how did they compare to Addison's? Surely if his sister spoke with such a confident determination, she ought to have the same opinion as the man who ran the place. "Thank you. I... I am settling in alright, I think. Everyone here is... welcoming." A half truth, but the lie slipped with relative ease off her tongue.

Deep breath.

She was about to do something stupid. "Can I... just... ask you a question?" The Renoda girl pushed the words from her lips, deciding that she needed to decide her path, which road she would choose to take. Here, she would either score, or lose. She couldn't pull herself along on a lie, a facade woven from a meek hope.
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice