Stavanger Bay The starting point of achievement is desire
133 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen

Beric had only been in Stavanger Bay a few days, but he was already feeling at home. It was great to be back with Verrine and Julooke, and Ragnar seemed like a worthwhile Alpha. Determined not to screw this up, Beric took off early this morning out of his temporary home, which consisted of a low tree with branches that provided some kind of protection against the weather, though not much. He would have to find a more suitable place to rest his head. He was making his way around the borders, weaving on and off the border to check out either side of it. It was an interesting place, with a beach for on border and hills surrounding the rest of it. The only way someone would be able to attack was if the pack really wasn't paying attention.

His thoughts traveled, much like his paws did. While he was glad to have found Verrine and Julooke, he continue to wonder where the rest of the family was. It could be that they missed each other, and they made there way back to Sterrenvuur. He could only hope. The couple he resided with sure seemed happy, and he was happy for them. They had come a long way, and still had milestones to hit together. Beric could only be so lucky to find someone. He was in the prime of his life, and had never had a girlfriend, let alone been in love. He had met a few women along the way that he liked but circumstances always seemed to draw them away. He remembered @Claire, the pretty, shy female he had met after the otter decided he was a play toy. She had been kind, and he could still hear her beautiful laugh. But, he hadn't seen her since that day, and wondered if she had ended up in pack nearby. He wasn't going to go off looking for her, but it was nice to think they might run into each other again.

Beric headed north around the eastern border, coming up to the river. His pawsteps slowed to a walk as he approached the bank, lowering his head to lap up the water into his mouth. After a few moments, he lifted his head, sitting back on his haunches. His gaze took in his surroundings, thinking Ragnar had picked a pretty good place.
812 Posts
Ooc —
Although Ragnar and Thistle called her home each evening, Osprey could hardly part with her new love: the ocean. She spent every day, from morning until late afternoon, frolicking in the surf, cavorting in the tide pools and running along the sand spits. Nothing about her joyous seaside forays gave any indication to her near-drowning incident; she had somehow emerged on the riverbank without a lasting fear of water. Instead, she seemed to love it all the more every day. If only she could live in the water...

Eventually, her thirst drove her inland in search of fresh water. When she finally located a winding river, she discovered another wolf there. "Hey!" the pup called out to the stranger, loping in his direction on over-sized paws. "I'm sooo firsty!" she shared before pausing a few yards from him and dunking her muzzle in the water, slurping loudly and greedily until the cold water gave her a stomachache.
<FONT FACE="High tower text"><div><span style="color:#b8b0b0;">w</span><span style="color:#bab2af;">e</span><span style="color:#bcb3af;">'</span><span style="color:#bdb5ae;">r</span><span style="color:#bfb6ae;">e</span><span style="color:#c1b8ad;"> </span><span style="color:#c3baad;">s</span><span style="color:#c5bbac;">m</span><span style="color:#c6bdac;">i</span><span style="color:#c8bfab;">l</span><span style="color:#cac0ab;">i</span><span style="color:#ccc2aa;">n</span><span style="color:#cec3aa;">g</span><span style="color:#d0c5a9;"> </span><span style="color:#d1c7a8;">b</span><span style="color:#d3c8a8;">u</span><span style="color:#d5caa7;">t</span><span style="color:#d7cca7;"> </span><span style="color:#d9cda6;">w</span><span style="color:#dacfa6;">e</span><span style="color:#dcd0a5;">'</span><span style="color:#ded2a5;">r</span><span style="color:#e0d4a4;">e</span><span style="color:#e2d5a4;"> </span><span style="color:#e3d7a3;">c</span><span style="color:#e5d9a2;">l</span><span style="color:#e7daa2;">o</span><span style="color:#e9dca1;">s</span><span style="color:#ebdda1;">e</span><span style="color:#eddfa0;"> </span><span style="color:#eee1a0;">t</span><span style="color:#f0e29f;">o</span><span style="color:#f2e49f;"> </span><span style="color:#f4e69e;">t</span><span style="color:#f6e79e;">e</span><span style="color:#f7e99d;">a</span><span style="color:#f9ea9d;">r</span><span style="color:#fbec9c;">s</span></div></FONT>.
55 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Claire was far from achieving anything by staying on the isle. She had received a warm welcome and a fresh meal as she arrived but no matter how many smiles and 'you'll be okay' she received from the islanders she couldn't adjust to the abrupt change that her life had taken. Life was hitting her with a steel knuckle and throwing her around like a rag doll. She had been taking one blow after another; her mother's sudden death, her depression, and now her 'imprisonment' in the isle.

At least she was now able to walk around without feeling light headed, even if her figure was still almost skeletal Claire had gained a couple of pounds, both of fat and muscle. And today that was exactly what she was doing, she had taken an extra effort to swim back to the mainland and stride along the shore. Even if she didn't have the strength to leave just yet she wanted to get out of there for a little bit.

As she changed her route and headed inland she lost track of time, quickly she made her way into the Viking pack's new home. Finally her paws began to complain and like Oprey, she became thirsty. She searched for a puddle until the lost babe's cries made her raise her head. The innocent sound of a young wolf made her step forth, perhaps a motherly instinct she had never known she possessed until now? Whatever it was it didn't let her stop until she was towering over the babe, not even noticing there was another wolf nearby. "Hey" she cooed.
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
I really could not resist, maybe Ragnar will stay back, but this mama bear wont, I am pretty sure claire said she came across our borders I can completely edit this if i need too. (well she said she came into the vikings new home I take that to mean crossing our borders?

Thistle was taking a small break and walking when she noticed the new male Beric and her newest addition Junior. She wasn't too worried about it, until another wolf crossed their borders and her mother senses went into high alert. She bolted across the border land and came up beside Junior and gave the female a snarl and a growl. Can't you smell our borders there girly. Her hackles rose and her blue eyes were dark with anger and a little bit of fear, she wasn't about to let another cross their borders and talk to their foster daughter for however long. She really didn't think much about her size all she was worried about was a stranger on their borders and talking to Junior, granted yes she was lost and she could belong to this stranger, but until that girl stepped back over those borders she had no reason to listen to a word she said.

her growls grew in octave warning the other female to step off she really didn't care if Beric was beside her or not. Get across that border right this instant or I will rip your face off and feed it to you do you understand me?
133 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Well, that escalated quickly.

His thoughts were interrupted by a voice, and his head turned in the direction in which it came. A young pup was trotting his way, but apparently got thirsty before reaching him. He watched as the pup dunk his face into the water and drank quickly, splashing water around. Beric stood, walking towards him her. Before he reached the pup, however, a familiar form came into view, and he stopped in his tracks. It was Claire. It was like she came out of his thought. But... was she apart of this pack? Maybe she had just joined. She hovered over the pup, as if to protect it from something.

Beric's stance changed to submissive as Thistle clearly made him see that he was wrong. Claire was not of this pack; she was trespassing. Beric came to Thistle's side, keeping his stance to show her respect, but his eyes were on Claire. Did she realize how much danger she was in? He knew Thistle and Ragnar were parents to new pups, and that made them even more protective. Even without that fact, though, as a former, and currently aspiring, warden, he knew it was common play to kill trespassers without warning. Thistle was being nice by allowing her to leave. Step away from the pup, he ordered. He nose told him two things: that the pup was a part of the pack, and Claire was not- she was a part of the Island pack he had previously left. Would Thistle realize it?

Beric was caught between a rock and a hard place. He liked Claire, some might say he had a crush on her, but it was extremely important to him that he be with his family. He couldn't jeopardize getting kicked out by showing any sympathy towards a trespasser. Besides, it did look suspicious that she was from a enemy pack and went straight for one of the Bay's pups. If you do not leave now, you will die here, he warned with a thick voice. He hoped Claire realized his warning was so that she understood the gravity of the situation, and leave hastily. He would have to sort out his feelings later.
812 Posts
Ooc —
When Junior finished drinking and lifted her head, there were two wolves, the new arrival abruptly hovering over her. Her eyes narrowed and she bounded sideways to put some space between herself and the stranger who was invading her personal space. Osprey's large ears splayed, showing her displeasure when the sandy she-wolf cooed at her like she was some little baby.

Before Osprey Jr. could react, a loud snarl from behind made her jump. Now there were three wolves (not counting herself). Junior stared as the mild-mannered Thistle bristled at the other female, demanding that she leave. Impressed by her guardian's ferocity and seeing that the male joined her, the puppy decided to follow suit. She glared at the evident intruder, ears thrusting forward aggressively now and gleaming white teeth bared.

"Get out, you bad bitch!" she screamed, repeating a word from her plateau days. She glanced at Thistle and the male to see if they approved of her supporting role. She then complemented their threats with a few lashes of her tail and added, "I'm a Warrior and I will eat your face!" before rushing at the petite adult.
<FONT FACE="High tower text"><div><span style="color:#b8b0b0;">w</span><span style="color:#bab2af;">e</span><span style="color:#bcb3af;">'</span><span style="color:#bdb5ae;">r</span><span style="color:#bfb6ae;">e</span><span style="color:#c1b8ad;"> </span><span style="color:#c3baad;">s</span><span style="color:#c5bbac;">m</span><span style="color:#c6bdac;">i</span><span style="color:#c8bfab;">l</span><span style="color:#cac0ab;">i</span><span style="color:#ccc2aa;">n</span><span style="color:#cec3aa;">g</span><span style="color:#d0c5a9;"> </span><span style="color:#d1c7a8;">b</span><span style="color:#d3c8a8;">u</span><span style="color:#d5caa7;">t</span><span style="color:#d7cca7;"> </span><span style="color:#d9cda6;">w</span><span style="color:#dacfa6;">e</span><span style="color:#dcd0a5;">'</span><span style="color:#ded2a5;">r</span><span style="color:#e0d4a4;">e</span><span style="color:#e2d5a4;"> </span><span style="color:#e3d7a3;">c</span><span style="color:#e5d9a2;">l</span><span style="color:#e7daa2;">o</span><span style="color:#e9dca1;">s</span><span style="color:#ebdda1;">e</span><span style="color:#eddfa0;"> </span><span style="color:#eee1a0;">t</span><span style="color:#f0e29f;">o</span><span style="color:#f2e49f;"> </span><span style="color:#f4e69e;">t</span><span style="color:#f6e79e;">e</span><span style="color:#f7e99d;">a</span><span style="color:#f9ea9d;">r</span><span style="color:#fbec9c;">s</span></div></FONT>.
55 Posts
Ooc —
Away
I've made a huge mistake ._.
omg please don't beat her

Never during her short two years had she had the necessity to fight for her life, she was simply not that kind of wolf. And besides she was fully conscious that if a fight did break out, she'd be in disadvantage due to her petty size. And so far, ever since she began roaming alone, she had managed to stay out of trouble; luckily for her he wolves she had met had been nothing but nice.

But like everything else in life, luck also runs out.
The pale beige female jerked back as a growl made her bones tremble, her golden eyes searched frantically for the warning wolf and finally she met Thistle cloud's eyes. With her flattened ears she lowered her head only being able to mutter a weak "I-I...", she couldn't say she hadn't, because she had but she had not intended to cross, she only did so when she heard Junior's voice.

Then the larger female commanded her to go, and without uttering a single word Claire's whole body began to shake uncontrollably, it was true that she was submissive by nature but being given such a threat made the poor girl paralyze. Slowly she rolled onto her back with her tail pressed against her belly. Pleading whimpers escaped from her lips, "Sorry! I didn't mean to intrude" , she whined, "I...". Her voice died as soon as Beric came into sight, it was like he'd appeared like a superhero to rescue her. Her tail tip wiggled slightly and her eyes gazed into his.

Chivalry also runs out.
The male that stood next to the snarling female wasn't even the shadow of whom she had met by the creek. Her heart died a little when he spoke so coldly to her. "I would never hurt a pup" she cried trying to justify her cause, even if it seemed pretty hopeless. "I'll never come back" she barked with a knot in her throat, as she slowly rolled back to her feet and literally crawled out away from them. But as if the humiliation and the bruises in her spirit weren't enough, the pup joined in the insult game.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle was not one for unnecessary violence so if the girl would cross back across the borders she would quiet her growls and let her is. Truth be told she should take the girl as a captive or at least leave her a small token of her bad behavior in the form of perhaps a bite or a gash, but she wouldn’t unless she had too. No she would do what she needed to it was time to make sure the isle pack knew that they were not to be messed with.

Thistle watched as the girl crossed the borders and her growl grew in octave. you know what actually there miss I have changed my mind. You will be coming with us for a few weeks, perhaps that will teach you to mind your manners and stay on your side of the border.

She looked at Beric and spoke sharply Beric! Bring her along, by force if you must, but she will be our captive for about a couple weeks, how long I don't know yet, but when her punishment is up she is free to go wherever she shall please.. She motioned for him to go with the girl, she didn’t want her to try and run, and she wanted to cover all sides and angles if she could. junior come. Her tail was still bristled and her hackles still raised, but she was quiet now, and she waited for the other male to do her bidding and for Junior to follow her back, but for now she stood waiting and watching making sure her orders were followed.
133 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Edited for new plot

His heart broke into a million pieces when the hope went out of Claire's eyes. She obviously thought he was here to help her, and he had just let her down. He could do nothing at this point but stay quiet. He wanted to growl at the juvenile for her response, but he did not, knowing it would seem like he was on Claire's side, and not his own pack's. Thistle, at first, seemed to just want the trespasser gone, but Beric's ears perked when she changed her mind. It seemed she was kidnapping Claire in order to teach her a lesson. Beric didn't really understand the logic. A wolf trespasses, and for punishment, they are forced to stay? He did not openly question his high-ranking pack mate, however, as he knew it would do no good. Beric did not hold any weight with this pack yet, and just had to go with the flow. The one upside would be that he had time to express to Claire how sorry he was for not being on her side in this situation.

His head snapped up at Thistle's quick command. Beric responded swiftly, trotting to a spot in front of Claire, blocking her path to freedom. His voice was soft when he spoke to her. We won't hurt you if you just come willingly, he said. He realized he wasn't exactly doing his job as a warden, considering he was trying to treat this particular trespasser with some degree of respect that he figured his pack mates may think she didn't deserve. But, Beric had met her before this, and just couldn't fathom her mistake had been on purpose, or that she wished any harm to anyone here. He waited to see if she would come without his forceful assistance.
812 Posts
Ooc —
When the trespassing she-wolf submitted and then began to slink away with her tail tucked between her legs, Osprey Jr. liked to think she'd had something to do with it. She paused, head arched, ears pricked and the curve of her black tail making a strange bow shape as she watched the male follow her. Only when they began to move off into the distance did Junior turn. At the very same moment, Thistle seemed to change her mind, declaring that she would rather take the trespasser as a captive.

The Alpha's mate called her to heel and the puppy obliged by bounding over toward her motherly guardian. "I'm a good Warrior," Junior declared before modestly amending, "right?" She grinned at Thistle, though she kept shooting the other two intermittent glances, wondering what exciting thing might happen next.
55 Posts
Ooc —
Away
i didn't realise you had already changed it :p I already talked to WGI members about it

Sadly her chance to retreat was short lived. As she crept away, the female's voice reached her ears, which flattened against her head as she mentioned she was being held captive. She couldn't understand what these else did they want from her, they had stripped away her pride and made her walk away down the path of shame, and now they wanted her back. For what? To toy with her like an old rag?

Another exasperated cry slipped from her lips as the male she had met by the creek. The one that had been so gentle with an animal that wasn't even of his own species, and was now being so rude to her. A wolf just like him. It seemed outrageous to the pale female. "What have I done? What is it you want?" She breathed only loud enough for him to hear. Even if he was standing in from of her--blocking her way--she couldn't even get herself to face him.

Then without even waiting for him to answer she spun around and dragged herself towards Thistle and the girl, her tail drooping behind her.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle looked at the girl then barely veiling the pain she herself felt at doing this, but it had to be done. They trespassers needed to learn that they couldn't just waltz in, this was the third trespasser in as many days, enough was enough. She looked down at Junior and gave her a smile, Yes Junior You are a good warrior, a good shield maiden. "góður skjöldur mær" She repeated the same thing in Norse to her ward, the same as she would to her own children without thinking about it.

She looked at the sorry girl from the isle and spoke quickly, Listen I know this is not ideal, but trust me when I say if it had been my husband you would be not in such a good place right now. he would have attempted to kill you and probably would have succeeded, consider yourself lucky. Just treat us all with respect and do what is needed for us in the next few weeks and you should be fine. She stepped away then towards the center of the pack lands, watching to make sure that Beric was doing his duty. If he had problem with her, he could take it up with her husband later. She just wanted to get to her den and cry a little at having to do what she did, but it was what was needed, what was best for eeveryone at the moment.
133 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
As if it could break more, Beric felt a hard thump in his chest when Claire uttered her questions. He couldn't even look her in the eyes. I'm so sorry, he whispered to her, his emotions evident in his voice. He would never be able to convey to her just how heartbreaking this was for him. She turned back towards Thistle Cloud, and he followed a few beats behind her. He could not bring himself to look at Thistle Cloud, either. He was obeying her, but he knew that if it was any other trespasser, he would have been much more passionate about his duties to the pack.

Thistle Cloud left after giving the rundown to Claire, and seemingly left. Unbeknownst to him, she was still watching to make sure he was following orders. I'll show you where you can sleep, he said. Follow me. The order was soft, but they both knew she had no choice in the matter, and neither did he. He probably should have take her to where the other captives slept, but instead, he took her to his own den. You'll stay here, he said. He wasn't about to let her stay with two males he didn't know. My spot is not far from here, so if you need anything, just yell for me. Well, he would find a spot, anyways. There were plenty of trees with hollowed out bases that he could stuff himself into. He waited to see if there was anything else she might say to him.
812 Posts
Ooc —
I am so sorry for delaying this. I'll write Junior out of the thread. :)

The pup basked in Thistle's praise for a moment before curiously observing the exchange between the Alpha's mate and her new prisoner. The latter slunk toward them, her demeanor entirely submissive, instinctively prompting the youngster to take on a dominant pose. She glanced sideways at her guardian, wondering at the distress she sensed in Thistle's face and voice.

Thistle stepped away then, evidently leaving the male to take charge of the captive. Junior lingered, wishing to follow him and see what became of the she-wolf, then reluctantly chased after her foster mother. The woman's mood troubled her and the young Shield Maiden decided she must find out what was wrong. Thistle had looked out for her, now it was Junior's turn to return the favor.
55 Posts
Ooc —
Away
last post :)

Dark tipped ears swivelled slowly on the girl's cranium as the female who had brought this hell onto her and the vulgar pup exchanged words. A couple of which she didn't understand, they were rough and cold as if she were speaking in another language. Then Thistle's words were directed at her, Claire responded with an emotionless woof and a nod of her head.

They could've spoken to her all night but she wouldn't say a word, her vocal cords had been shut down after her fate as a captive had been sealed. They could have her body but not her thoughts.

Slowly she and Beric strayed from the female and the youngster, he led her to a quiet place where not even the sound of a mouse could be heard. He ordered her to follow, she dragged her feet behind him and shifted her eyes to the ground until they reached their destination. A lonesome den, she didn't know belonged to her kidnapper.

After giving him a sad grunt in response she disappeared into the den, which to her dismay was filled with his scent, as if he were there himself. All she wanted to do was forget him, but sadly not even that pleasure would be awarded.