Oystercatcher Tide Pools screaming through your airwaves
no cost too great
62 Posts
Ooc — nil
Away
All Welcome 
naturalist thread II ; ecologist dabbling
coming up to the tidepools, the silver painted wolfess' stride comes to an abrupt stop. before her, tidepools; varying in size, her curiousity takes over. padding over to the smallest pool, her gaze peers inside-- she makes out what she can only assume to be an oyster before her investigating is suddenly and rudely ended by a seagull. the bird swoops down from overhead, nicking her muzzle with its beak before making off with the creature she was observing.
shaking her head, amatsu regains her composure as she tilts her head in the direction the avian had flown off in; they do, indeed, need to eat as well. although, it was off to her that said bird had not flown south as winter slowly crept in. shrugging it off, her tirade of the pools continued. she wondered how these creatures survived, in these small areas, until the tide comes back in to whisk them out in the open sea where they once reigned. the chrips and caws of white-winged seabirds continue to form a chorus in the area as the she-wolf dips her muzzle into each and every pool-- investigating the lifeforms in them as well as their minimal surroundings; occasionally shifting small pebbles inside them.
lucky for these animals, the tide would likely sweep them back home before the unfortunate reality of winter freezes the pools over; trapping them in an icy prison-- their deaths, although inevitable; should be spared from winter's fury.
☆ a m a t s u m a g a t s u c h i 
the west wind is silent.
i am simply there to fill gaps between the others,
never to be felt on my own.
i am blank, now, but a breeze once blew through me.
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
relatively short post <3

The sylph was consumed by thoughts as she trailed amongst the pools, etheral pelt glittering in the light - it was guilt that gnawed at her stomach, and her brows furrowed as her paws moved. 

She was not alone.

In the edges of her vision she caught sight of a figure, and from the following wave of wind she took notice of their scent; perhaps, she pondered, a conversation ought to ease her prickling mind, and so the Renoda edged closer, stopping a brief distance away with curiosity sparkling in a cerulean gaze. "You are watching the tidepools?"
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
no cost too great
62 Posts
Ooc — nil
Away
she loses herself in the pockets of shallow water. the heavenly shimmer they reflect as the sunlit blood bounces off of them; little pockets of glitter. they could almost lead the way to the heavens. watching as the living creature inside of them-- although not thriving-- survive. she pities them, for there is nothing they can do against the force that is the ocean other than succumb to whatever mercies it allows them.

she almost doesn't notice the other-- until a voice forcibly pulls her back into reality. the silver shuck turns around, her gaze meeting that of a wolfess who's eyes reflect that of a crystal-clear lake. oh god she's cute. amatsu shakes her fur, trying to regain her composure before responding to her. ,,yes, i am,'' her voice is slghtly shaking, but isn't it always? ,,these animals-- they don't belong in such small pools but such is life. hopefully the tide pulls them back into the vastness of the seas soon. but i do wonder if some of them could reliably survive in them with the right conditions?'' curiousity riddles her voice, a being of the sea she was not although she understood many things about it & held it in high regards.
☆ a m a t s u m a g a t s u c h i 
the west wind is silent.
i am simply there to fill gaps between the others,
never to be felt on my own.
i am blank, now, but a breeze once blew through me.