Ravensblood Forest stay, you're not gonna leave me
no cost too great
62 Posts
Ooc — nil
Away
All Welcome 
naturalist thread IV ; botanist dabbling
white-winged seabirds glided through the air with a hound trailing them closely behind-- her heart racing in her ribcage, panting wildly as the inky wolfess chased them with vigor-- only for her to slowly come to a stop. a distant wood bled into her vision-- her eyes fixated on the trees in the distance as her ears twitched in anticipation; she would swear something was calling her from there. watching as the birds she was mindlessly chasing flew into the distant horizon, her attention was turned back to the woods. shifting her paws on the ground, her position slowly turned in the direction of the cries, she slunk her body to the ground as she prowled towards the wood.
it took what seemed like days for her to reach it, the beat of her heart increasing with every step as she felt it ache-- a raw feeling that she wasn't sure of, an aching that left her troubled and uncomfortable. something was clawing at her head wildly, telling her to run, to escape, to get as far away from the voice as she possibly could; she pushed this thought away. a loud thought, a thought that logically she knew she would be best off listening to but her curiousity had gotten the better of her once more & something in this forest wanted her to be there. as she slithered inside of it, she noticed the twisted canopies blanketing the sky in darkness, an odd place to find on the coast.
her trek through the ominous forest continued, blood pulsing through her veins wildly before the shuck shook herself free of her own grasp, darting her eyes to and fro' before settling them on a particular tree. her ears pinned themselves back as she cautiously approached, lifting her small body off of the ground to inspect such a plant. not only was the tree large, it looked like it was... bleeding? trees were, after all, alive-- but amatsu wasn't so sure they bled as most things do. she moved her nose towards the substance and sniffed at it, only to realize a smell was what it lacked. she knew the type of tree was a sequoia, but she had never seen them bleed before. she circled around the tree, before coming to the conclusion that she would see if others were suffering the same fate-- she turned around, and off she went, deeper into the wood.
☆ a m a t s u m a g a t s u c h i 
the west wind is silent.
i am simply there to fill gaps between the others,
never to be felt on my own.
i am blank, now, but a breeze once blew through me.
せつげん
6 Posts
Ooc —
Tired paws slowed Tenryū's haste. It had been nearly a full lunar cycle since departing Shikotsu-Tōya, and he felt weary from days of endless travel. However, the young emissary's spirit never wavered as days turned into nights. Pulled by a vivid dream -- a message sent by a great Kami -- the young male felt a greater force at work, and trusted this task which he would pursue endlessly. 

Since his departure, the priest had encountered only a handful of wolves. The meetings were always brief and the strangers showed little interest in his teachings. Winter was a troublesome time, he knew, where vagrants fought tooth and nail for survival. It was a harsh life the young priest was unaccustomed to. The ways of his natal pack were so different from this new land... Tenryū had little doubt that the future held a great test of his principle. Though he had been a devout student under the tutelage of his father, a grand Shinshoku, there were still so many questions to be answered.

Shari, shari. Snow crunched beneath the male's paws as the mountainous scrim settled into woodlands. A new scent was on the air... one the missionary couldn't place. He had never seen the ocean before and didn't know the smell of saltwater or sand. He followed it, intrigued by the idea of nature's new offering, but came upon an unlikely obstacle. Before him stood a dark forest with mighty trees. A shiver tickled down Tenryū's spine. This was a sacred place. 

He silently entered, following a well worn prey-path. The sunlight became blotted by thick conifers, adding to the wood's ominous sensation. A sliver of light fell through the copse, illuminating the red sap on one of the large trunks. Tenryū approached, clearly fascinated, and tried to digest what the great forest Spirits were trying to communicate... unaware another mingled nearby.

common | japanese
no cost too great
62 Posts
Ooc — nil
Away
her trek through a shrubbed ground continued, snow sparingly dappling the green of the leaves. it looked gorgeous to her-- she didn't often see snow in the pinnacle... she wondered if snow was something she was born of, too. snow can come in storms, right? losing her focus, amatsu snapped herself back into reality and continued to investigate the bleeding flora. she circles around multiple trunks-- observing each one carefully-- maybe it had a taste?
that's probably not a good idea.

her investigation is cut short as a figured tears at the corners of her vision. animal-shaped, though far enough away she couldnt quite make out what it was... until a scent crosses into her path. it was another wolf, yes, but she wondered what someone was doing in this forest? it was forboding, or so she thought it was. the inky blackness that consumes it-- a stark contrast from the shore just outside of its grasp. maybe one day, it would take it over, too. she crosses over towards the other, not getting too close-- but also not trying to be too far away. maybe this one knew why the trees bleed? leaves crunch underneath her pawsteps as much as she tries to stay quiet, she doesn't want to shock them as she approaches a safe distance away, tilting her head in their direction.
☆ a m a t s u m a g a t s u c h i 
the west wind is silent.
i am simply there to fill gaps between the others,
never to be felt on my own.
i am blank, now, but a breeze once blew through me.