Lost Creek Hollow Never hold back your step for a moment
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
All Welcome 
Ever since his meeting with the woman by the lake, Gannet had wondered at what she asked. He had played with puppies, but to help them to come into the world healthy and well? He'd never considered there might be more to it than simply appearing.

Ever since Treason had mentioned another healer, Gannet had been curious as well. Now, with this on his mind, he set out to find them. He didn't know who Tarot was or where they might be, and the fact that finding them might be difficult revealed itself soon enough. Gannet paused and huffed out a thoughtful breath in the midst of the woods. Ok, this was better. Lifting his head, he called out for @Tarot, then listened with pricked attention. There was nothing urgent about the summon, just a social invitation. Then he sat down to wait.

only if you have time love! Aw also <3
Gannet's face and body are open books; you are more than welcome to distinctly notice any emotion written in his posts.
(Most thread titles come from Into the Fire from the Scarlet Pimpernel)
Aristos
36 Posts
Ooc —
Deep in winter throes, it seemed sure the day would pass him by. The finer points of Imbolc were not lost on him but je chose to busy himself in other ways, ever putting off craft and interest both. There had been the reorganization of what remained of Hyacinth's stock, the meager remains of herbs and other plant matter shifted and stored in a manner that worked best for him. He had been gentle with bitter, frail leaves; the task had been long, longer than he had wanted. There had been too much time for introspection, too much time to allow himself to be absorbed in the unchangeable past.

It was a summons that drew him from the cool depths of her den; he greeted the fresh air and snow with a spark of ease, and began to make his way through the hollow. His small frame afforded him a more direct route to nowhere in particular, and granted him the opportunity to note an unfamiliar face. Someone new, or at least a face he had not been well acquainted with, which at that point was still the majority of the pack.

His entrance was quiet, rounded to the front of the wolf. His examination of him was shrewd; he did not seem in need of aid, which left the obvious question to settle in his gaze—why?
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Gannet wasn't sure what he expected, but this small wolf definitely wasn't it. He hadn't seen many his size before. The other wolf's face had an obvious question on it as he approached, and Gannet smiled to hopefully put him at ease as he thought of how to explain.

I want to learn to heal. He said as an opener, getting right to the heart of it. Treason said you know how. There was a question there, he just forgot to voice it. My name's Gannet.
Gannet's face and body are open books; you are more than welcome to distinctly notice any emotion written in his posts.
Aristos
36 Posts
Ooc —
Gannet, the little wolf would wanted to. It was really a bitter line that leapt through his conscious, a turn of emotion so deep down and at a depth that if he had been capable of expression outward emotion flawlessly he may have offered him a placating smile. Something long and thin and seemingly polite, but something that simmered if it didn't curl at the edges.

Instead the truth of it was a continued stare for several beats, and the same flat expression that had been pinned to his shrewd little face from the moment of his entrance. If there had ever been any time for Gannet to say something more, this would have been it, but when he realized there was nothing more to say, he had to act. And given that he was nothing more than a little coywolf crammed into close quarters with a bunch of wolves—an embellishment of his own design—he felt he had no option but to agree.

"I am Tarot," he offered in return. "And yes, I do know how to heal. But winter is hardly a time for teaching, so I must inquire why you feel the necessity to learn now," and perhaps more importantly, to slay the newfound prickle that perhaps it was himself being tested. So closeted had his upbringing been that even now, he did not know just what to expect here. It had been so easy to keep his head down and attend to what he wished, to wallow and whine to himself in private, but affairs as of late had kept him far from either.

He let out a breath, concluding, "I do not wish to waste our remaining stock if there are uncertainties."
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
The man's lack of expression didn't bother Gannet, though his words did make the other wolf frown. Waste supplies? And did he need to have a reason for wanting to help others? He hadn't really considered.

I want to. He said, turning his head with some confusion. I don't know how to help and want to learn. How would we waste? He was genuinely curious. He didn't know that learning meant using actual supplies. He couldn't really imagine what it entailed since he'd never been shown before.

Gannet had come here because Tarot was a packmate and therefore ideal, but if he didn't want to teach him, that was ok. Luckily he had met Lily, who had offered her own pack as a learning space. He could always go there and learn from them instead!