Shadowwyn Moor i might fade like a sigh if I stay
9 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
The chocolate-furred woman loped weakly into the moor. This was a strange place, one caught somewhere between beauty and horror. There was color everywhere casting stained glass light upon skeletons of fallen trees. The eerie moor fascinated her and she did not feel afraid, but rather she was intrigued, fascinated; filled with some kind of morbid excitement.

The slender woman picked her way over the fallen trees, leaping over the larger branches and making her way towards a sparse cluster of larger trees which apparently had survived whatever force of mother nature that had ravaged the weaker plant life. There was a strong spring wind which sliced through her coat and made her feel unbalanced on her feet. She had been a loner for weeks and was therefore not quite as strong as she had been prior to departing her enslavement. Lace reached the shelter of the trees and leaned against one of the trunks, allowing its sturdiness and strength to support her. In her seated position she rested her head upon the wood and allowed her tired honey eyes to close.
73 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
he'd wandered fairly far again without meaning to. he was glad that olive seemed to understand the restlessness within him; more than understand, it was born into her, too. except she couldn't leave, and he could. he tried not to hold it over her head too much. she rocked at the whole "responsibilities and leadership" thing; cortez had always sort of lacked that.

this ugly landscape wasn't much of a vacation, though, and he hadn't been within the moor for very long before he considered turning back. the chocolate-colored woman nearby changed his mind, though, and he meandered her way. she looked like life had beat her down and not let her get back up, even to beg for mercy. his eyes softened as he stared, giving her a chuff.

you okay, there? he queried, lifting his chin. maybe she was fine, and he was reading too much into things per usual.
587 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Ranger
She didn't intend to stray far during her stint in the hollow. There would be plenty of time for traveling later. For now, Bat focused on giving back and hopefully redeeming herself. Even though Terance and his pack hadn't asked this of her, she was really glad she'd gone through with it. She'd carried a lot of guilt about up and leaving without a word, which was now easing.

Today's search for game led her slightly south, onto a bleak moor littered with the remains of dead trees. The territory didn't particularly appeal to her as a scout, though there was a rabbit somewhere around here, hidden in the deadfall. Before Bat could root it out, she heard voices and froze, head cocked and over-sized ears tilting to listen in.
9 Posts
Ooc —
Before long Lace's mind drifted into that strange place between consciousness and the dream world, thoughts becoming murky and strange. She may have lost balance and fallen at the foot of the tree had not the male voice come into her large dark ears and awakened her. Her eyes snapped open as every muscle in her body stiffened, tension and fear gripping her in the presence of an unknown male as she struggled to regain her usual alertness.

But his presence was soft somehow, and although she remained visibly anxious she was no longer frozen in the terror of being startled by a man. Weakly she forced a smile and answered, a half-lie spilling automatically from her lips. "Oh, I'm fine. Just tired... How are you?" As always it felt best to divert the conversation away from herself. Although, she truly was curious about the stranger. This would be her first encounter since leaving "home."

Large eyes happened to glance off into the strange moor and widened in surprise. There, black fur fairly a beacon in the bright spring sunlight was another wolf, this one possessing particularly large ears which, coupled with the dark fur reminded Lace of a bat.

The honey-eyed young woman wondered of this wolf would approach as she awaited the agouti male's response,returning her eyes to him.
73 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
not unsurprisingly, she was a little startled by his sudden appearance and voice, and he made himself as unassuming as possible, letting his face melt into a smile. you look it, cortez remarked, not at all unkindly. need a place to rest? i'm just fine, he added, an obvious afterthought. for all she was trying to shift the topic of conversation onto him, he was pushing back just as much. didn't like much to talk about himself.

he followed her stare, finding the big-eared girl some distance away. until she proved herself a threat, he'd pay her no more mind then a nod in her direction. soon, though, he had focused his attention on the woman closer at hand.
587 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Ranger
Only a few words were exchanged as Bat crept absently toward the voices. She clapped eyes on the two strangers at nearly the same moment they spotted her. The youth froze, suddenly aware that she was eavesdropping. Her big ears splayed and she wiggled her tail as she offered a smile.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt. I was just hunting nearby." And though the pair intrigued her, Bat decided to leave them alone and focus on the task at hand: giving back to the hollow. "Don't mind me," she said with another smile, this time a little cheekier, as she prepared to withdraw and rediscover her game trail.
73 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
the big-eared young lady spoke, then, and cortez shrugged off her apologies. you're no bother, he insisted gently. stick around if you want, hunt if you want—you're just fine. but it seemed as if her errands would take her elsewhere, and so he swiveled yet again back to the older female, the smile still lingering, albeit absently, on her face.

you live around here? he continued, trying to keep the conversation flowing. he wondered whether or not she'd do well back at elysium; he supposed olive and the other leaders would know better than he. still, might as well ask. he was always rotten for keeping things moving along, except if it was a story. he'd rather have someone else talk at him, do all the work.
9 Posts
Ooc —
The young lady offered an apology along with giving her purpose among them - hunting. Lace flicked her ears and lowered them, allowing the male to finish speaking before giving a few nods in agreement. Yeah, you're not a bother, sweetie, Lace said in her soft way. At this point she was unsure if the young woman would join the conversation or continue her task, but at least she knew that she was welcome to do either.

The chocolate woman's guard slipped but did not fall. Her heart seemed to quicken when he asked if she needed a place to rest, wary of following a stranger anywhere alone despite his kindly demeanor. Um, she stumbled, givng their third party a cursory glance. Do you know anywhere... safe... around here to rest? I've come from a ways west and I'm unfamiliar with the area..

Nervously, she cleared her throat and resurrected her smile. My name is Lace.
73 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
if he was human, he would have blushed. sweetie wasn't something he was called very often, after all. at any rate, he dimpled slightly, giving her a shy smile. he nodded at her query, keeping her name in mind. might be useful at some point, and it was useful in this conversation, anyway.

my sister runs a sanctuary called elysium, cortez explained. he nodded westward, slightly north. it's in the willows, by the mountains. you're welcome to come back there with me?

he blinked softly, waiting, before he remembered his manners. oh, yeah, i'm cortez. nice to meet you, miss.

in the end, he went home without her—but maybe she'd pop back up, eventually.
587 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Ranger
The rabbit's scent led her across the wind-stripped flatland, from one cluster of bent, gnarled trees to another. But no matter how long she searched, Bat simply couldn't close in on the hare. Eventually, she was forced to give up the hunt and turn back toward the hollow.

En route, she passed the spot where she'd bumped into the two strangers. They were long gone. Bat slowed and paused, sniffing at their paw prints in the dust, cataloging the faint scents. She would return to the creek empty-handed as far as game, though her inner scout was pleased at gleaning a little bit of information about her current surroundings.