Alpine Lake Take it step by step
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
All Welcome 
Forward dated to March 31st afternoon

She hadn't made it very far before the fact that she was alone and had nobody watching out for her got her paranoid. Every snap of a twig or cry of a bird had sent her running for cover. Eventually she calmed down and returned to the same state of silent numbness that kept her moving and set off again.

Currently she stood ankle deep in the waters of a lake, still as a statue as she focused on the small flashes in front of her. The idea of eating made her mouth water up but she held still, testing the limits of her own patience. As one fish came foolishly close she lunged, desperately grabbing the tail and holding tight despite the thing flopping and slapping her around. She hurried to the shore and dropped the fish, gasping as it almost flopped back to the water and pouncing on it. She snarled,a sound she couldn't recall ever making before and bit down on it's spine. It went still and she stood there staring at it increduously, not believing she had caught it. She looked around like someone might try and steal it before sliding to her belly and digging in ravenously.
34 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
it had been a few days now that he had been in the Teekons. well, maybe like one. he wasn't going to question it. the point was he moved as quietly as possible among the foliage, his bulky frame getting in the way. his long fur tangled on various branches. he'd grunt softly as he pulled against one, catching a few leaves and part of the branch itself as he pulled. bending his head quickly, he'd clean up his neck and remove them all. first impressions were everything; he didn't want to look like a slob. though to note he wasn't phobic about cleaning either. 

a snarl made the man start, head whipping around as if to ask aimed at me? before realizing it was a faint sound. Benedict moved, wondering if someone needed help or were being attacked. though the sight he found was not aggressive; merely a woman fishing. " 'lo" he'd greet her from his spot a few paces away. mindful of her personal space. he wasn't here to take her fish, but she didn't know that. "good 'atch." he'd add with a gentle smile. the woman looked starved and desperate... maybe he could help her.
2/5 0/5
major focus on group hunting, patrolling, defensive fighting
benedict speaks with a heavy accent; if you need a translation just ask!
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
The polite greeting startled her and she dropped her fish, leaping up and slowly backing away her ears flattened. Lilac eyes lifted to his face and then back to her fish, a look of yearning crossing her features before she sighed softly. Dropping to her belly she crawled back to her catch, wary of his presence. He had complimented her fishing and she wondered if he coveted her meal and was trying to sweet talk his way into snatching it. "Thank you" she said, voice raspy and weak from lack of use. After another moments silence she began to eat again, wondering if she was just being overly paranoid or if this man would prove harmful. Her two years of life had taught her that anyone close to her was not to be trusted as they all left one way or another so she was determined not to let anyone close. Though this man was a stranger, so she supposed a small conversation wouldn't hurt "It was luck. I'm no good at hunting" she said and took another bite of the fish.
34 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
he would say not to sell herself short, but she did not seem to be in the mood for such things. wary at his presence, Benedict would hover backward a bit to give her more space. he, again, had no interest in the fish. it would make for a quick meal if he took it - though who would take food from a woman? - and then he'd be hungry again. "I dunno" he'd chuckle "fish looks 'cared t' me" his eyes dropped to the dramatic fear on its features at its own death "ye might b' a good hunter after all."

but speaking of hunting. the man would tilt his head at the other. "if t' fish ain't cuttin' it... we can try t' hunt som'hing bigger?" he offered to her. if she got something larger in her belly, she wouldn't look so forlorn. or so he assumed. he was gently giving her need, someone to watch her back while she hunted for bigger game. two wolves could bring down a good meal, for there was no one else to help. of course, if the woman told him 'no' he'd continue on his merry way. he wasn't going to impose his company on her. he only wanted to help.
2/5 0/5
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
His kind, joking words caused a flare of giggles to rise in her throat, choked down as her lips twitched. This was how it began, the tiny spark that would slowly ignite to a fire in her soul just for him not to feel the same. She couldn't help herself so she would prevent it from happening. She smiled politely as he made his offer, posture stiffening as she deemed an impatient and bitchy persona "I do need your help but I want you to know that what we catch is ours, I will eat my fill and then I will leave. This is for survival, nothing else" she stated matter of factly, basically stating she didn't want a friend just someone to help feed her, plain and simple. The only hint that this was forced was the way she avoided his eyes, tail drooping slightly.
34 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
"fair 'nough" the man would reply with a dip of his head. it was acceptable, reasonable even. he wasn't helping her because he thought she needed charity; it would also help his own skills. he'd been living off of small prey since coming to the Teekons. his trade was more along the lines of a bigger game with a group effort. he also knew some women were very proud and did not accept help so easily. Benedict did not take offense at her words or her attitude. stuff rarely bothered him.

if she wanted a rise, she'd get nothing in return. he took her admitting she needed help as permission to walk forward. halfway there, he'd stop and lift his peach nose. he smelt rabbit most of all near the water. usually too fast for one wolf to bring down without help. though if they were a good runner... but you had to watch out for the various burrows the rabbit could hop into. "hare" he'd add in clearly enough with a small smile. it wasn't a deer but he'd start with that. "ye lead. I'll follow after ye."

he'd step back to allow her to pick up the trail. no, she wasn't a charity case. she just needed some help. nothing wrong with that.
2/5 0/5
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Her ears perked upright with surprise when he agreed before she nodded firmly and turned to lead the way. She hung back slowly enough that he could sniff out what she should focus on and when be did she smiled. She remembered the squirrel she caught, how fast it had been and how she had been faster. "Scare them toward me and i can run it down, I guarantee it" she said confidently, suddenly alight with excitement and confidence. She could do this now, without reprimand. She could actually hunt, run, get dirty. She looked to him almost in a childlike begging manner and smiled, hoping he would do what she asked.
34 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
Benedict's eyes scanned the surrounding area, mindful the presence of two wolves might scare away prey easily. the woman would sound confident, forming a plan right away. he'd nod to her before dropping into a crouch and move forward into the foliage. the lake didn't have much cover so he worked with what he could. luckily his fur could be mistaken as the gleam of the sun instead of an awkward sort of sign he was there. 

luck would have it as he spotted a group of rabbits. at the edge of the location, trying to go deeper into the heavily populated woodlands. he'd scoot around them as carefully as possible before he waited. a few minutes passed before his scent faded into the wind. the rabbits resumed their nibbling before he leapt out. a snarl would motivate them to scatter and he took off after one of the plumpest ones. driving it right toward the woman.
2/5 0/5
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Lilah's anticipation mounted until he startled the rabbit and as soon as it heads toward her she sprang forward. It was like the winds pushed her forwards, her fur sleeking out and limbs graceful. The rabbit swerved to the right and she lunged, snatching it up into her jaws as she ran past Benedict carried by momentum. The rabbit thrashed and shrieked and she crushed it's spine, dropping it and breaking it's neck. She panted softly and looked up at him, grinning and laughing gleefully "They thought I wouldn't make it, that id die. They underestimate my desire to survive. I do what it takes" she looked down at the rabbit and then back at him as if considering stealing it, looking torn and antsy.
34 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
he'd pant as he neared, seeing her skillfully end the prey's life. she spoke now, laughing and with mirth in her eyes. he said nothing to that, finding it sad that the woman felt she had to force herself to live in such a way. "ye take it" he'd utter, giving a nod to the rabbit. there was not enough to share either way. though it was plump, it was good enough for one wolf and one wolf only. he could easily find more prey. she needed it more than he did anyway. Benedict wasn't exactly lacking in weight. she did not have to feel guilty for wanting it all to herself. "its fer yer survival." he'd remind the woman of her vow.
2/5 0/5
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She knew why he let her have it. For a moment she softened and dropped to her belly, extending her neck to place a quick grateful kiss to his chin with a wag of her tail before she lunged backward and snatched the rabbit, running off into the distance. She needed the food and she had his permission, she wouldn't waste it. She should have thanked him and would feel guilty later but for now she survived. 

Thank you so much!
34 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
ooc; no prob hun!

he didn't expect to be thanked, and in such a way as that. Benedict felt heat rise to his cheeks at her bold display of affection - he was never the type to be so forward. he perhaps thought she was nearing him to bite his head off. before he could even reply, say 'no problem', to her silence she had already wandered off. well. at least he could say he hadn't lost his hunting skills. the man would turn, wandering in the different direction he had come.
2/5 0/5