Sea Lion Shores All that I took with me was a bad taste in my mouth
497 Posts
Ooc — Java
Master Ranger
All Welcome 
Set after his thread at Barrow Fields; midday bordering on evening.

Not having a reliable memory makes travel threads way easier for the narrator. Whether he found a meal or not, rested a while or not, spoke to someone or not, Yellowbelly was eventually on the move again.

Yes, the salty air did help him to some extent, giving his mind something familiar to latch on to, but it wasn't a strong hold. His minute-by-minute existence changed gradually, and rather than forgetting things within sixty seconds he did so in five minutes, ten, maxing out around an hour. It was probably great to have that time back. But he would still eventually lose it - which was how Yellowbelly came upon the edge of the world and didn't know how he had gotten there.

There were strange shapes on the beachfront proper, shifting or barking at one another, and Yellowbelly had the wits to hang back even though he was intensely curious at the same time.
7 Posts
Ooc — Eekerz
There are strange creatures nearby, making loud noises and sometimes fighting. Drac wonders what they are and if they can be hunted. Some of them are bigger than him, even though he's quite large for a wolf himself. It probably wouldn't be a good idea to pursue them.

But there is another wolf nearby, too, watching. The demon finds himself salivating at the smell that comes over the wind, swallowing painfully as he is reminded again that things are different now. He's no longer a hunter of wolves, but a hunter of other animals, like deer.

He smells so good, though.....

Drac walks along the beach, wondering if the other wolf will spot him and greet him, or ignore him like many have done so far in his journey. Perhaps it is for the best if he goes unnoticed. That way, he can keep his darker nature hidden, at least for now.