Ravensblood Forest I want to hurt you just to hear you screaming my name
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
I'm on a song fix for titles lately lol

Thistle Cloud woke up and leaving the children (danni doesn't know whats going on there yet) with Julooke she slowly stepped outside of the bay's borders. Blue eyes looked towards the heavens as downy tufts shown bright in the early morning light and the tips of ears dipped in black stood forward and erect. Small footfalls passed the borders and continued on towards the forest, intent upon finding the herbs that she had told her husband she wanted to get. He had been gone in the morning on his duties, Surra was off she imagined on some sort of outrider mission (assuming this since absentee) and she needed those herbs. Besides she was a grown woman surely she could do something on her own, such as finding the things that she needed.

She sniffed gently at the ground smelling stale prints of her husbands and Bragi's she shook her head and continued on. As she made it to the forest and the shadowy boughs reached up towards the sky and blocked her from view, she sat a moment merely to take a breath and admire the forest. Though the bay boasted plants of it's own as well, she had decided that she needed a small jaunt on her own, and the ravensblood forest was not that far. And anyone he knew her could track her her husband could find her easily if he needed to oif he felt worried given the tension between them and the isle wolves.

She stood slowly and began to peruse the mysterious forest looking for the plants that she needed for her trade, a smile on her face. She bent down and with a white paw moved weeds around to find the gems they hid.
812 Posts
Ooc —
Junior was not with the pack's three other pups this morning. She left shortly after breakfast and headed for the beach. When she arrived there, she dropped listlessly to her haunches and stared out over the choppy waters. She had come to love the seaside, yet she couldn't help but think she'd easily trade it for her family, if only she knew how to make such a transaction...

After a while, the youth sullenly turned her back on the waves and headed back inland. She bypassed the den, where the she-wolf Julooke watched the smaller puppies, and found Thistle's trail. More out of boredom than true curiosity, Junior began to track her female guardian. When the trail led beyond the bay's borders, she didn't bat an eyelash, continuing past them and, without realizing it, began to head in the direction of her true home.

She found her foster mother in a dark forest. It took Osprey Jr. a moment to realize this wasn't far from where Ragnar and Thistle had found her washed up on the riverbank. Blinking, she trotted nearer to the cinnamon she-wolf. "Hi Thistle," she said in a tone that bordered on an uncharacteristic sigh. "What're you doin'?"
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle had noticed the small puppy Junior becoming more and more listless and sad. She felt bad and thought perhaps her own mood was rubbing off, though lately she was doing much better and was not as sad, since she had offered all her problems up for the gods to take over.

Thistle turned towards the small melancholy tone and nuzzled the top of the girls head, right between her ears. Hello Junior. She turned again towards the plant she had been slowly pulling at and motioned for the girl to stride forward, I am looking among the plants for herbs I can use in case there are any accidents or wounds. What about you little one? What are you doing out here, besides following me that is?

Thistle finding nothing turned towards another bunch of leaves to sniff and prod, trying to discern what it was and what it could be used for.
812 Posts
Ooc —
Junior had yet to voice her concerns to Ragnar or Thistle, totally unaware that they could read her like an open book. She was reluctant to tell them how she felt because of everything they'd done for her and how much she'd already come to like (perhaps even love) them. Although Osprey had now come to desperately miss her family at the plateau, Ragnar, Thistle and their three children had quickly become her second family and she didn't necessarily want to leave them. It was difficult for the youngster to articulate her conflicted feelings, so she hadn't even tried yet.

Yet when Thistle mentioned that she was collecting herbs, it reminded Osprey Jr. of Aunt Willow. She stood there a moment, eyes brimming and lower lip quivering, then sat abruptly and began to wail. Never much of a crier, the sounds that wrenched out of her were now were so loud and wretched that she frightened herself into silence for a moment. She gulped, then resumed her bawling, her sobs echoing in the deep, dark woods.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle turned at the first gut wrenching sob and gathered the girl to her with her front paws and front legs and she shushed the girl speaking gently. Oh little Junior it's okay please don't cry. What's the matter? What can I do to make it better? Oh darling. Thistle rubbed her muzzle across the girls head and ears back and forth back and forth, occasionally licking the side of her face. Trying her hardest to quiet the girls obvious sorrow. She looked around hoping there were no predators around her e that would come upon them.

She spoke soothingly nonsense really different herbs and things to try and gather the small shield maiden in trainings attention and calm her down. Her mothering instincts driving her half mad, for the want to make her feel better.
812 Posts
Ooc —
When Thistle reacted to her cries exactly like Aunt Willow would have, Osprey Jr. sobbed all the harder. She couldn't even manage to speak to answer her guardian's question. She continued bawling and eventually shoved her face against Thistle's warm chest, burying it in the woman's cinnamon fur and soaking it with her tears. With her eyes closed like this, she even imagined Thistle was Blue Willow... and slowly but surely her paroxysm began to pass until she was sniffling and hiccuping against her foster mother's foreleg.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle brushed her muzzle across the girls head, and made soft shushing noises to try and calm her as best she could. Oh little one it is okay. What can I do to fix it? I would walk to the ends of the earth to make you feel better? I can help you find your family? We can figure it out together yes? Thistle had known the girl had been sad lately, but she had not realized how sad she really was until today and it made thistle's heart break to see her thusly. She continued to nuzzle and rub and lick to calm the girl as best she could, even humming softly in hre chest to help soothe if she could.
812 Posts
Ooc —
After a time (during which Thistle soothed her non-verbally), the adult spoke again to the pup, offering consolation and suggesting they could find Junior's family. At this, the pup's head tilted back and she gazed up at Thistle, her eyes huge and still shimmering with tears. She didn't say anything, didn't even nod, but the look in her eye was probably answer enough.

Eventually, she lowered her gaze and scrubbed her cheek against Thistle's leg again, drawing comfort from the female's presence. "I don't wanna leave," she moaned quietly. Oh, yes, she definitely wanted to find her family again and go home... and yet she didn't. Being held by Thistle this way was just a strong reminder of what she'd lose if she went back home. Osprey Jr.'s young heart was very torn, as no matter what she did, it would come at a great emotional cost.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Junior didn't have to verbalize her want to go home. Thistle knew this day would come and now she just needed ot figure out how to get her home, without breaking her own heart in the process. But she would never keep a child from a parent that seemed like cruel unjust punishment.

Thistle looked down and she licked the little girl between her ears and spoke softly Maybe you could come and visit from time to time if you go home? and we could too. We would like that and then you wouldn't leave us completely. Thistle did not think that it was to far to get from one place to the other and she knew that after she went back home she would probably have to stay in neutral territory, but she could be wrong, but she could visit and they could visit her.
812 Posts
Ooc —
Thistle's words of comfort smoothed the last furrows of worry out of the pup's face. It was good to know she'd be welcome, though Osprey Jr. doubted her parents would be fans of the idea once she returned to them. She was sure she'd never be allowed to leave the rendezvous site again... the thought of which almost made her start crying again, not out of sadness or fear but total, agonizing nostalgia.

Junior said nothing, maintaining her strange, reticent silence. Eventually, she drew away from Thistle, scrubbed at her face a moment, then blinked and said, "Can you show me the herbs?" She needed time to think about what to do and how to do it. For now, she didn't want to think about it anymore. She wanted to think about something very simple and uncomplicated, like plants.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
wrap up since Junior is home again?

Thistle smiled as the last traces of fear left the little girls face and the sadness the heart wrenching sobs were all gone. She stood and licking the girl gently she went towards the one tree and motioned Junior with her. i haven't had much of a chance to look yet. I'm just looking to see what i can find is all. She smiled again and continued on.
812 Posts
Ooc —
Sure. <3

"Oh," Osprey said, then hastily added, "I'll help!" She shadowed the female's steps, throwing herself zealously into the task at hand, determined to stay busy to keep the sadness and confusion at bay... at least for a little while.