Swiftcurrent Creek groundhog day
28 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Hunting thread #1

It stands to reason that a gathering of wolves might spook the resident flora and fauna, so while Juria was eager to get a move on and prove herself she couldn't exactly hunt anything terrestrial within the territory. It took her a few days to acclimatize to the claim's boundaries and in that time, as she explored and investigated, she discovered that the river twisted and turned across quite a dense section of forested land; while her first instinct was that her efforts to hunt would be futile, she soon learned that the territory was quite a vivid, lively expanse - whether she was on the riverside or trawling through the forest proper. 

That afternoon had been spent investigating further and further from the riverside; it was by sheer luck that she found a series of small burrows dug-out among some of the loam, and further searching led her to one particular burrow which was large enough for her to sink her face in to. She breathed deeply of the small pit's terroir, trying to determine if there was anything of note within the crevice — managing to insert her snout all the way up to her cheeks — right as something lunged from within and nipped the soft point of her nose.

With a huff and a bestial squeal, she withdrew. Whatever had grabbed her had not held on for long, but the scores to her nostrils were soon leaking red. She withdrew with a huff and licked at her nose, but each run of her tongue across the wound caused a sharpness of pain to radiate through it. Juria was agitated now and eager to get payback. Whatever lived in that burrow would soon be without a home, as she settled in to pummel the earth, trying to widen the hole and dig out whatever creature lurked within its depths.
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

She hadn’t done much wandering in the last few days, and today seemed like the perfect day to remedy that. Lie enjoyed the freedom and independence that came from wandering about the territory, and she was known to travel farther on occasion. But not this occasion.

After ensuring with Alessia that she was watching the children, Lie had felt safe wandering farther from the den. The pups had become adventurous in the last few days, following their parents on short excursions of the den. However, Lie’s current trek was a little far for the sickly bunch.

Despite her restlessness the woman was distinctly lacking energy, the desire to sleep sitting strongly across her lids. But she tried to ignore the nagging need for a break, carrying herself gracefully across the territory. A yelp forced her to further push the dreary feeling out of mind. Picking up her pace, she caught the scent of one of the new commers that had arrived while she had been indisposed.

Catching sight of the coffee colored woman and sent a chuff her way. “Are you alright?” Not known for her compassion nor her concern, Lie was trying to channel her inner Kavik. Showing concern for others.
1/5
5/5
~ i haven't played that song since my wife died ~
lie can be pp'd by anyone listed as family on her profile

"common", "french" 1/5 posts
28 Posts
Ooc —
Wide paws pummelled at the soil, claws raking through the tough clay that sat there, and with some effort the hole began to widen. Juria lost herself in the process for some time but had to pause for breath — and when she did, she noticed the crunching sound of paws against the scattered detritus of the forest's floor. She was breathing heavily; it took more effort than she anticipated to work the dirt and it wasn't any better because of her size. She was strong, but also carrying more weight than the average beast, which caused further strain. Her ribs shifted as she panted, glancing away from the small pit in time to notice the ginger woman drawing close.

The stinging of her snout hadn't abated; beyond the feeling of her aching lungs she could feel the throbbing of the bite to her nostrils, the blood having collected some of the soil and causing her coffee-toned face to streak with a dark mud. Y-yeah, I'm good, she huffed and puffed.

—was tryin' to russle up some food but, the food didn't agree with me, heh, she chuckled airily and drew her tongue up again, across her nose. Juria motioned with her snout at the lowly hollow and murmured, Probably need'ta dig a while 'fore I find anything, right?
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

Lie squinted at her nose looking to see if it was indeed ok. Satisfied she nodded, and glanced over the woman’s shoulder glancing at the hole in the ground. A small smile lifted the edge of her lips, at the joke. “I think they are pretty deep.” Lie had seen them running around, she had meant to ask Kavik what they were, but always forgot. “I think they are called Mongoose.”

“Have you ever tried to catch one before?” Refocused on the woman, “I am Rosalie, if you forgot.” They had met very briefly when the woman had first joined, but with the babies Lie admitted she had been distracted. Although she held the name Juria close at heart, Lie couldn’t be 100% certain that it belonged to her.
1/5
5/5
~ i haven't played that song since my wife died ~
lie can be pp'd by anyone listed as family on her profile

"common", "french" 1/5 posts