Ankyra Sound [rc] they were eternal
feather heart
118 Posts
Ooc —
Read Only 
i'm not sure if i'm doing this right since the pi rank isn't currently held by any of the kiddos soooo... tagging @Aningan and/or @Raleska.

8/4: edited to a read-only & archived.

for a while, scarab has quietly pined over the pi rank, previously held by reyes. his brother's distance gives scarab the opportunity to strike and claim what he's been wanting. it wasn't overly impressive but it was the highest rank that cubs like him could hold and he zeroed in on it like a sniper targeting his target in the crosshairs of his scope. at almost four months of age ( and exchanges of the leadership ) the workings of rusalka's hierarchy has begun to make sense to scarab and, more importantly, he's begun to care about rank. as far as he's concerned the pi is like the cub version of alpha and he wants to be the bossy leader of the other cubs.

the morning is partially cloudy and muggy as scarab marches through rusalka's woods with purpose. he finds a small clearing that strikes him as a good place to make his demands ...er, plead his case as to why he deserves the pi rank since reyes wasn't around to challenge and lifts his muzzle skyward for the leaders.

i know no one holds the pi rank, he begins. it's unclear what happened that caused reyes to lose the rank but his brother's loss is clearly scarab's gain. and i want it.
it's a quality of the gods
to see a creature with its back broken
and be unmoved —