Stavanger Bay The love of a friend
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
@Nerian

Thistle had spoken to Surra and she had racked her brain for a solution to their problem and could not come up with one. Well she could, but she didn't know how she felt about it, no she did know. She didn't like it, mostly though because she was so fearful of so many things that it made her heart ache. She decided though that perhaps she thought of a solution it was time to get to know Nerian on a more personal level. She did not know much about the femme and that just would not do. Curse her soft heart, but it had gone out to the slave maiden and she wanted her for a friend.

She slowly walked towards the garden hoping that she was there, but she wasn't. Thinking it would be easier to just call her. Thistle threw her head back and howled out a soft note to the female and sat waiting softly for her to come and socialize just awhile. She knew like her she had duties to attend to.
169 Posts
Ooc — Kris

Nerain had been sleeping in her rock tent den, this one had been much easier to make then the one at the ridge. she had been quite impressed with herself. But this day she was sleeping in the very back having rolled there after some particularly vidvid dreams, and one that confused her to the core.

A howl broke the air and Nerian shot up only thump her skull into the ceiling of her den and fall back down abruptly cursing odin.... what? odin?... The howl continued it called her name. Was it time for morning prayers, 5 more minutes...

Nerian eyes widened this was not the temple.... and northumbria, this was well this was... the back of her crude paw made den... She shook her head and frowned then glanced up at the ceiling over her head, how'd she get this far tucked back into the den. ARAH!! the drying herbs ruined!

Nerian scrambled from the den, it was not morning... half the day was already gone.... someone must have noticed her lack of border patrol and her stomach growled loudly having not been fed in a long time. Nerian tipped her ears toward the howl, curses it stopped where was it coming from....

haaaa... she hissed to herself, finding her throat sore she must have been whining in her sleep again. She waited for another howl but it didn't come and her throat was to sore the Howl back, This was not a good day so far... Nerian sighed, The plants would need watering by now She returned to her Den and grabbed her conch shell in her jaw the pointed tips of the shell were chewed on just a tiny bit so that water would run slowly out of it, a crude watering can.

Nerian trotted toward the garden keeping her, unwittingly toward the wolf whom had called her, As she see Thistle her heart rate picked up, she felt butterflies in her stomach, but why.... This was Thistle Cloud not the Thistle God right?? Nerain slowed down and set the conch shell gently on the ground not wanting to damage her new tool.

Nerian ever careful keep her face kind and yet neutral Hello Thistle She offered her voice friendly and only slightly scratchy

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
I don't know how the thread with RAgnar is going to go so yea, but I am going to go with the fact that Thistle said itw as okay so in the end they will probably agree to it...thistle is just afraid that he loves Nerian more so maybe he'll soothe that fear in the other thread.

Thistle had woken up and she had walked and walked unsure what to do and what to say, but she had thought long and hard about her decision adn she had decided to share even though it hurt and even though she still wasn't entirely sure if Ragnar loved her more than Nerian which was her whole hang up to begin with, but she would suffer that in silence.

She had howled and Nerian didn't come and for a moment she was a bit put out, but she would wait just a little longer maybe she was just busy.

Thistle waited and waited and she briefly wondered if she should just get up and continue on her way, when she saw Nerian coming towards her with a shell. She offered her a smile and a soft nudge to the cheek to say hello. Thistle wasn't sure how to go about this, but she was willing to try ,becasue she loved Ragnar and he wanted the priestess and she wasn't so bad if she wouldn't be so closed off. She stood looking wondering how to even speak out about this and then she spoke softly. Nerian I have come to a conclusion for the mess we are all in and it will help everone but me, but that's okay i'm tired of being selfish and I think I love Ragnar enough for both him and I to do this so. She grew quiet and then looked down a tear sliding down her cheek merely because she was offering her whole world on a silver platter to be shared.

Thistle looked at her and she spoke candily her voice a bit choked with emotion Nerian if you and I are going to share Ragnar and be whats the term sister wives? then you need to talk to me and get to know me and not close yourself off, and though I would prefer to have the first litter of pups, I do not know if Ragnar will let me so start talking. Because before Ragnar there was another and my sons are his but Ragnar has claimed them and he knows this, and I wish it weren't so, but I was young and it was my first heat and it got away from me and he had not made his intentions known until it was too late or I would have waited. And though I do not regret my children I regret their parentage. She panted softly
169 Posts
Ooc — Kris

Nerian leaned her cheek into Thistles nudge and smiled softly, Female attention was something she understood, and appreciated. Having been surround by only females her whole life, this is until Ragnar, Nerian missed her sisters, missed the love that they shared and missed the company of sleeping together, Her den though proud she was of it was so very lonely.
Nerian was surprised by this realization, that the reason she was so hurt by the 'strange' animosity that hung between she and Thistle was not that Thistle wouldn't share Ragnar was that Thistle wasn't sharing herself.

Nerian's eyes flitted over Thistle's body as she looked at Thistle with new eyes, eyes that saw her as a 'sister' as a comrade as a companion. Companionship not sexually no that wasn't allowed but everything else....

Thistle began to speak and Nerian endeavoured to listen. Nerian murmured softly and dropped her head I'm sorry Thistle but, you are not selfish.. you can been nothing but selfless... Thistle Cloud was a wolf to aspire to, a wolf that would be a hard act to follow, her paws were to large to fill in her wake.

Thsitle continued to speak and Nerain froze, still as a statue her mouth parted, her eyes on Thistles chest until she had stopped speaking. Only then did Nerian lifted her gaze to Thistles open mouth her tongue peeking out over her teeth, as exhausted from speaking as Nerian herself got. Nerian swooned a little... Oh this day just keeps getting better Nerian muttered her tone bespoke of exasperation, not joy.

Nerian need a moment to herself, she picked up the conch shell and and moved to the water dipping it below the surface filling it. After which she returned and walked the dripping shell along the first row of plants, allowing time for water to run out and water the plants on both sides of the rows. Carefully setting the shell down in the row where she stood she turned and admired Thistle Cloud for a moment before she walked back over to Thistle and ran her body along Thistle's side. Nerian rested her muzzle below Thistles chin for a moment.

You will be welcomed into haven for your selfless deeds and I to hell for my selfish ones. Nerian lifted her head and licked Thistle cheek softly and tenderly, a kiss not submission, Can we take it Day by Day? Could we try our out relationship first before Ragnar bulldozes in. Or did you discuss this with him first?
Nerian didn't want to hide a relationship from Ragnar but she didn't want him eyeing their every move either. Plus she realized she might just love Thistle more, she just needed time to prove it.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle was surprised that Nerian leaned into her nudge, unsure and a little wary, but she accepted it and for a moment she just wanted to lean on the other femme. They were similar in size so she feared she might hurt her, thought they were both tiny, they were also mighty. Thistle hadn’t ever thought of sharing herself, she had thought it had been about Ragnar all along.

Thistle felt the brush of eyes on her fur, but she didn’t not shy from it. It was new and interesting, but there was no aminosity in her gaze anymore, had there ever been. Or had Thistle been so full of herself that it was hard to see what was in front of her the whole time. Perhaps there was some truth to the adage that all women loved women they just did not act upon it. Thank you Nerian.She spoke softly.

Thistle heard her words and she spoke again I’m sorry if I offended you I thought it was what you wanted? Now Thistle was confused, this was what Nerian wanted wasn’t it? She wanted Ragnar correct? And thistle was the one who had to share?

Thistle almost shied away from the contact not expecting and the only wolf she let touch her in such a manner was Ragnar and him alone. It was funny to the fawn shield maiden that Nerian’s chin was under hers their size was not much different though she had a little more heft to her bulk than Nerian due ot child birth and well she ate like ravenous wolf constantly her body burning the food too quickly to not eat in such a way.

Thistle listened and shook her downy head No Nerian there is no hell for us, only Valhalla and Freya will take us both we are the loved and lovers Eventually for you of Ragnar. Thistle returned the soft gesture in kind and then listened to Nerian. We can I already spoke to Ragnar, but I can keep him at bay I think if you would like me too, but I must tell you Nerian I don’t know how long I can keep him waiting. I spoke to him about it, because he asked me about it, because I made him promise when he first asked me to be his to not go anywhere near another woman or I would poison him, so he asked first. And I realized you were right it was not very fair of me to not keep his culture in mind. I was raised that way, but he was not and I suppose I just feared that he would love you more than me and the only thing I can lay to claim on that man was his heart. She sniffed once and gently pulled at Nerian’s scruff to show her words were not meant as a slight in anyway. I will get you your freedom too
169 Posts
Ooc — Kris

Nerian paused when Thistles teeth touched her ruff, Nerian was reminded of Ragnar's strength when he had rebuked her. But this wasn't like that, this was different, warmer she found she liked this much better.

Do not worry about my title anymore Thistle, I do not, they are but words thrust upon others Though that was far from what Nerian truly thought she did not want to cause anymore strife between a woman and her husband. Ragnar would release her when he deemed her worthy,
That and if Ragnar never did free her from the chain of that label. The title of "slave' might yet save her soul one day; that is if she was prepared to die when Ragnar did... Nerian's thoughts flitted to the ceremony of the slave whom choose to die with her master so that she may stay at her master's side in Valhalla, it still left her very conflicted but was it a way to not go to hell or be left in purgatory...
It chilled her to the bone to be thinking that way, with the title she could go to Valhalla at Ragnar's side and remain a slave for all eternity, without the title she 'may' go into heaven though these thoughts were so selfish she felt 'heaven' slipping further away. Then she found her thoughts drifting toward weither or not Freya would even accept a former slave as a valid wife?

Nerian moved around to face Thistle and laughed softly allowing to smile to reach her eyes, finally dropping her emotional facade. Thistle, trying to hold Ragnar at bay is like trying to stop a water fall with pebbles. Nerian looked proud of herself for coming up with what she felt was an apt adage of Ragnar.

Nerain opened her mouth to speak Thistle I have never been sure of what I wanted since I was taken from my home, but one thing I have come to realize over these past few days is I would rather share you... and Ragnar not just him. but these words did not flow out of her she was so so very afraid to loose what small ground she had just been blessed with. Though the thought of suddenly getting Ragnar scared her,
'be careful what you wish for' she heard in in minds ear with a sing song voice.
With a pause hanging in the air Nerian had to speak if you are both welcome to the idea, let's let it flow like water down the river and see where this new journey takes us Surprised she pulled that out of thin air, You have nothing to fear Thistle I know first hand how much he loves you and If he only loved me a quarter that much I would die a happy wolf

Nerian filed away the comments about Thistles pups and their parentage she had heard rumours and she knew that though Ragnar loved the children he would always wonder. It was no wonder that Thistle guarded Ragnar's heart.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle felt the pause when she brushed her teeth across the femmes fur, having forgotten the abuse she had suffered at the paws of the monster brother. That was what Thistle liked to call him as she heard more about him.

Thistle did not deign to act like she knew much about the viking gods but she did know that freya would take Nerian to because someday she would be Ragnars lover too and Freya took lovers and true loves alike. Thistle thought briefly about sharing and shook her head realizing if she thought to much about it it wouldn't go well.

thistle was surprised at the musical laugh that escaped Nerian's maw. She paid it back in kind with her own laughter this is true but I have had limited success enough to make me have a slight ego. she smiled then again. ok Nerian this is a first for me and I cannot promise that I will always be happy and I..just wanted you to know that.

thistle bowed her head a little ashamed still at the jealousy that had eaten her alive that was still in a way present but she was working through it. There was no way to tell if her sons were Ragnars no way at all, but she did know that it didn't matter and he was their father and she had never lied about it not once. Realizing that Nerian was widely untouched she wondered if she should offer her assistance with questions but decided that was rather intrusive. Finally at peace for the most part she sat softly to her haunches shifting her one white paw tell me Nerian somethijg or ask me something to pass a little bit of time.
169 Posts
Ooc — Kris

Nerians breath hitched, Thistle knew, she knew... but would she reciprocate? Nerian regarded her for a moment tried to decide if Thistle knew or not... I have a question ... but I am afraid to ask it... Nerian stepped forward and pressed her neck against Thistle's afraid to look into her eyes, Neiran spoked softly her muzzle just behind Thistle's ear anyway Does Ragnar mind sharing you? Nerian squeezed her eyes shut then and drew a breath holding it her chest reflexively. If Thistle moved away from her and spurned her as Ragnar had over and over she'd probably collapse under the weight of her selfishness.

She didn't ask if Ragnar actually wanted her for she feared that he didn't; nothing he had done so far had showed her otherwise, but if Thistle was asking her these things did it mean that at least Thistle wanted her? Did some one actually think she was worthy of affection? The seconds felt like hours to Nerian her heart thrummed in her ears and legs got weaker.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle saw Nerian's eyes go wide and she wondered at it for a moment. Then the next part came and Thistle blinked Azure blue eyes and stared and then shifted slightly so as to not be unbalanced when Nerian ghosted forward towards her. Thistle froze at the next question and she spoke softly I do not know...i...Ragnar wants you...i...he wants his many sons. That was why I was so jealous Nerian. And I thought it should come from me, since I was the one that was being selfish to begin with Thistle took a deep breath then and let it out unsure where to go from here, this was more of a conversation for Nerian and Ragnar not Nerian and Thistle.

Thistle shifted and looked sideways at Nerian, I was upset because i needed to share him...i did not even think of me, but you can share me too if you want too. However, the question of whether or not he wants to share me I'm afraid you'll have to ask him, that because I do not know the answer, Nerian. She lay muzzle across her new friends shoulder and waited. Thistle breathed stirring the fir at Nerians shoulder, I had thought we would have to be close in order for it to work, for us to be able to raise pups together, though our heat seasons do not align...although I have heard of that happening when women are living in the same spot do you know of this? i am afraid Nerian that all of this is very new to me, i would never have even thought of Polygamy had I not met Ragnar. But I love him and am fond of you so I am trying to make it work for both of you. She was mostly making it work for Ragnar because she loved him, he was her world, and she did not know Nerian very well, but she had grown fond of the priestess too, and she felt that she would have to be in order for it to work, she could not hate another woman that would be sharing her husband....she wanted to laugh hysterical sharing her husband gods she felt like she was in an alternate reality.
169 Posts
Ooc — Kris

Nerian's breath froze in her throat, and she grabbed up her Emotional face mask again and placed it upon her grey and white face, stilling her body so as to not portray her absolute confusion. Thistle spoke like she didn't want anything with her, like that was a thought that hadn't come to her mind before now.... So where then was all this coming from. Nerian had called Thistle unhappy but never once had she said at least to thistle that she wanted Ragnar as well

Nerian felt like she was in a dream again, none of this made sense to her. She had explained her feelings to Ragnar when she first arrived she had even asked Ragnar to take her, over and over actually, but he had made it clear didn't love her that he loved Thistle. The only thing Ragnar had ever showed Nerian was a confusing mix of stay close but stay away....

At last Thistle gave Nerian something to focus on besides Ragnar and the oddity of this conversation, though Nerian had agreed to take it day by day she was very unsure of what it was that was expected of her from this point forth.
Yes my sisters and I were all 'in sync' off by less then a week. Our temple had the blue herb, that I can't remember the name of for the life me, shipped in a week before our heats began and we ate them for two weeks, along with our regular food I have never been in heat before this year. Nor have I been around another female in heat. What ever the herb is it is native to northumbria. I can not find it here.

Nerian chuffed Pass the blue.... she smiled then, just before her eyes twitched away the sting of unfallen tears and her neutral expression took hold again. That was the saying at the supper time meal
Nerian sighed, Thistle I think I need to be alone for a time.... but Nerian didn't move to leave incase Thistle had more to add.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle realized she had hurt her yet again and she sighed and spoke softly I am making a mess of this, and I am sorry. If you want both of us Ragnar and I, if you want babies from him and friendship and .affection from me that is fine, I am more than willing to at least try and I imagine it will become second nature for both of us soon enough. The reason Ragnar kept telling you no that he didn't want you was because of me. I told him before he and I became mates that I would not share and that if he strayed I would poison him and I meant it.

Thistle frowned and backed up so she was looking at Nerian in the face and spoke quietly i have found in time that this made him unhappy and you and I do not like to make anyone unhappy so I have decided that in order to not be selfish i should share both him and myself, however I was so hung up on sharing him that i didn't think of me, not that I wouldn't want to be close with you I just hadn't thought of it, because i was trying to process everything else? Does that make sense? But please Do not close yourself off again. I would not like that, I want honesty I demand honesty from Ragnar and I will do the same with you. If something upsets you or if you have a thought that you are afraid to share don't be I will listen. You and I are in this together, but I know Ragnar wants to talk to you more about all of this, and he may explain it a little better than me since it was his culture before mine and i am new to this.

Thistle saw the sadness and unsure what to do she shifted but leaned forward and just what she would do to her own children or ragnar she brushed her muzzle across Nerian's brow, You must miss home. I do not think Ragnar will allow either of us to hide our season, but if it gets to be too much raspberries that grow here will help to alleviate some of the symptoms I wish i had known that before, but I didn't until this year. it does not make it go away, but it helps you to stay calm and it helps with uh...your desires if that makes sense. She bowed her head and spoke softly you must hate me for my varying moods.

She heard the next part and laying ears to her skull she dipped her muzzle to the ground, Okay then I will leave you to your thoughts. She turned to walk away, even more upset and confused and absolutely furious with Ragnar than she had been he was asking much of both of them, and both of them were confused about who he loved and it pissed her off.
169 Posts
Ooc — Kris

As Thistle turned to leave Nerian reached out and brushed her muzzle against against Thistle's hip, licking her tail as Thistle moved away. Don't be mad, one day at a time...

Nerian stood then and moved back toward her den, the drying herbs needed to be tended the ones that could be salvaged anyway... she'd come back toward evening to finish watering the plants here. Right now she wanted to think, she needed time to process things, even though thinking about her feeling was something she had tried hard to avoid lately, maybe she needed to mediate and not think of anything for a while.