Blacktail Deer Plateau Jaguar
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Paging Ms. @Fox. :)

Peregrine stood in the middle of the empty rendezvous site, musing quietly to himself. The clearing was often deserted lately. The pups were old enough to roam the plateau at will and everyone seemed to just bed down wherever they liked each night. Although he missed cuddling with his children every night, the Alpha male understood they were nearly grown (at least physically). And he certainly wasn't left wanting for bedfellows. He divided his time between Fox and Lasher, though he had spent more nights with his female lover lately as she acclimated to life at the plateau. One day, he hoped the three of them could find a common spot to share but he wasn't in any rush to force his two companions together.

At length, the swarthy wolf glided to the clearing's edge and began to walk through the woods. Sunlight broke through the canopy here and there, striking his black pelt and making it gleam like a rook's wing. The air was warm and fragrant. Without even thinking about it, he began to sift through it for scents. He only became aware of his intent to hunt when his stomach growled loudly, calling attention to his hunger. His ears pivoted in response and, nostrils flaring, he began to move even more purposefully across the plateau. He would hunt for himself, he decided, and take part of his kill to the elder Osprey.

Thinking about his recently-returned sister brought a quiet smile to his face—how serendipitous for both Ospreys to reappear in the same week!—though it just begged the question: where was Atticus? It seemed like whenever one sibling appeared, another disappeared. No one had heard from Atticus in several days now; he hadn't shown up when summoned directly nor made an appearance at the recent meeting. His brother didn't even know about his niece's prodigal return or Fox's arrival! Peregrine couldn't decide if he should be worried or pissed. Perhaps Atticus had pulled a Crete. Or maybe he was just out there still searching for Junior, unaware that she was home safe. Better not dwell on it right now, he decided, focusing his full attention upon the hunt.
incautious red wrecking ball amwelles · amwelles
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Wednesdays are always so long. D:

Having spent some time with Lasher, Fox still could not determine whether or not she would pursue anything with him. If she did, it would surely change the dynamic between herself and Peregrine, although she was not sure if it would be for the better or worse. Peregrine seemed completely sold on the idea of entertaining two loves, and although Fox did not feel particularly jealous of Lasher (how could she? he was a boy!), she had a hard time believing that neither Lasher nor Perry would be jealous of one another. Maybe she was completely wrong, and the two wouldn't care at all. It was still too soon to determine, and that was assuming she did pursue Lasher.

Slowly but surely, Fox had begun the process of meeting her fellow pack-mates. The pups she saw often when they mingled around the rendezvous site, though she did not sit around having long conversations with them. There were others she saw in passing, too. Blue Willow, Rina, Finn, and so on. Those were the ones with names that she knew, anyway. Today, she had set out to socialize with the strangers she now lived with, but gave pause when she came across Peregrine's scent. It was hard—no, impossible—for her to ignore it, and Fox grinned as she began to track him down.

Now that she was establishing herself here, she felt more at ease. “If it isn’t the Big Bad Wolf out looking for a meal,” she teased, bumping her shoulder against his own. Even though the wound on her back was still a bit of a mess, her improved mood seemed to make it heal quicker.
Pregnancy timeline (RHC members only)
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Hump Day's over... it's all downhill from here, right?! Except that Thursday and Friday are my crazy busy days.

When Fox appeared and sidled alongside him, Peregrine momentarily forgot about everything, including the hunt. "Hey there," he said affectionately, bending to run his nose along the Beta female's shapely cheekbone. "I was, though I could always just eat you instead," he quipped in reply to her remark. "As Lasher may have told you, I've developed a taste for weenies." The Alpha male wiggled his brow a moment then amended, "That's actually not true. I've totally never met his... yet," and snorted quietly.

"On a more serious note," he said brightly after a moment, "come with?" He tossed his head, motioning for her to follow, and then gave her his most charming smile in case she needed any extra convincing.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Have you seen Buffy the Vamp. Slayer? Now that I think about it... Fox's story is a lot like Buffy. At least some of the romantic parts. :P

Peregrine was a talker, this much Fox had learned as they spent more time together. Unlike herself, he made offhand comments left and right. She was content to listen and take them all in, though she could not say that she would ever speak half as much as he seemed to. Perhaps she just didn't have that kind of vocabulary. Idly, she wondered if it had something to do with his upbringing. Were his parents talkers, too? As terrible as it was, Fox found herself tuning out of much of his speech. While she did feel a tinge of guilt for doing so, it seemed like half of what he said was for his own amusement, anyway.

Thankfully, Perry tended to set off the real content with a different voice, and Fox snapped to attention when he asked her to come along. She pranced beside him cheerfully, her heart light and airy. “Is it a surprise?” she asked, curious to know where they were going.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Actually, I haven't! Is it on Netflix, by any chance?

Also, I power played... AND YOU LIKE IT (maybe).

Fox's question gave him pause. He'd only meant to invite her along on his hunt... but now she seemed expectant of something decidedly more delightful than that, a surprise of some sort. He laughed quietly at the misunderstanding, then mentally scrambled to think of a way to live up to her expectations. Giving away none of his mental scrabbling, he replied smoothly, "Yes."

For a few minutes, the pair trotted through the wood. Although half of his brain was focused on churning out some ideas, he used the other half to try and see the plateau as Fox must see it: as something new and unfamiliar. He was proud of his home. Even though he hadn't chosen it—Hawkeye could take all the credit for the location—it was the ground upon which he'd sustained a strong pack with a particularly mighty core.

He suddenly remembered a pretty glade up ahead and gently steered Fox in that direction. When they emerged in the sun-dappled copse, he suddenly whisked around to face Fox. He nipped at her cheeks, then ever so gently pushed her to the ground before wordlessly coaxing her onto her back. He then settled down halfway beside her and halfway on top of her, à la the "sex scene" in The Lion King, and simply gazed at her for a long moment before murmuring, "You're gorgeous."
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Fox grinned widely when he confirmed her suspicions. She was completely unaware of his mental scrambling, though she would have thought it charming. The fireball followed him without hesitation or question, finding that she trusted him more the longer she remained in his presence. She still could not say with certainty that she would stay here, but she was willing to give it a real chance. Fox wanted to throw herself into it and really work for what she had here.

When they emerged into the glade, Fox gasped at it, only to be gently nudged to her back by Peregrine. At his words, she scrunched up her nose. “You really are a romantic, aren’t you?” she said, not expecting an answer. Fox didn't believe in romance. At least not in the traditional sense. She didn't think that love could mend wounds or that it could make relationships that lasted forever. Fox wasn't even sure that love existed, although she had to admit that Perry had some kind of pull on her.

Even so, guilt ate at her. She still thought of Haunter often, and she wished that it were him at her side. It never would be. Had she loved him? No, probably not.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
It came as no surprise when Fox didn't seem particularly enchanted by his passionate murmurings. He bent closer to her, put his mouth to her ear, then laughed quietly and pulled away. He adjusted himself so that he lay astride her, leonine body stretched out to nearly twice her length, or so it looked like to him.

"You really are a teeny weenie," he quipped, then caught her eye and asked, "What's on your mind right now?" in a perhaps disarmingly direct way.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
When he asked what was on her mind, Fox took in a deep breath. But when she opened her mouth, she only let out a sigh, unable to put together the right set of words for what she meant to say. She rolled onto her side toward Peregrine, licking his coat once before trying again. “You know I… I lost somebody.” Fox hadn't spoken about Haunter to anybody since the day it had happened. She was too scared of what talking about him meant. She felt as though once she talked about it, he would really be gone. As long as Perry didn't know, maybe Haunter could still be alive somehow. Maybe it was all just a terrible dream.

But Fox knew better. She wasn't a wishful thinker in the least. “He was meant to be mine, but he was taken away. He’s dead.” And he was never coming back. He would still haunt her dreams, but he would not rasp his voice at her or tell her (in the most endearing way) she was stupid. No, he would not do those things anymore.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
When she mentioned her recent loss, Peregrine felt guilt bolt through him. Honestly, he'd almost forgotten in light of everything else, particularly Osprey's own return from the dead. He nodded silently, saying nothing, sensing that she was about to open up to him. He encouraged this by gently nosing the corner of her eye before giving her a delicate lick.

He felt perhaps a small twinge of envy toward this wolf who'd been Fox's betrothed, in a manner of speaking. That was all, though. Jealousy really seemed to have faded from his life as of late. He swallowed and made a murmuring sound, the tip of his muzzle pressed gently to her temple.

"Do you want to talk about it? Or is there anything I can do?" Peregrine asked gently, withdrawing just far enough so that he could look into her face fully.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Fox bit her lip, suddenly unsure if she should have said anything at all. It wasn't Peregrine's fault that Haunter had died, nor did she wish to burden the Alpha with her woes. But she couldn't help herself, and getting it out in the air did feel better. Even if it was just the tiniest bit better. “No,” she replied softly. “I just… don’t die on me.” Fox had no idea what she would do if that happened. Without Peregrine here, she wouldn't even have a place in Blacktail Deer Plateau. For the time being, he was the only reason she was here at all. That would change in time, provided she was able to settle into her role here.

She lifted her foreleg so that it rested across his chest in a sort of wolfish embrace. There, she remained quiet for a minute or two, just watching his fur swish this way and that with her breath. Eventually, she withdrew to look at him. “I know our… arrangement isn’t ordinary,” she began, “but what should I call you? Boyfriend? Lover?” Mate? she thought, but did not say. Perhaps if Lasher had not been thrown into the mix, it would have been more clear. But since he was, it did make things more complicated, even if Perry believed everything would work out fine in the end.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
He expected the no and respected it. When she asked him not to die, his eyes softened and he slipped his muzzle alongside hers. "I won't," he promised with a small, cheery smile. Of course, he would die someday, breaking that promise, but at least he didn't plan to kick the bucket anytime soon. He was in his prime right now, with five or more good years left.

When she moved her foreleg to rest against him, he felt warmth at the touch that wasn't entirely physical. She remained quiet for a few moments before speaking again, asking a rather pertinent question. He'd actually wondered about titles himself, though he'd decided they didn't really matter to him. It wasn't like he was in a conventional relationship anyway.

"I'll be whatever you need me to be," he answered, "although I'd prefer manfriend over boyfriend any day of the week." His lips twitched. "Lover works. I will be making love to you frequently." He smirked. "Or we could be mates," he said a bit more lightly. "I'm happy with whatever you choose." It was true too, though Peregrine caught himself wondering if she'd take his surname in the event that she chose formal mate-ship. He would like that, especially since Hawkeye hadn't.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
I demand that one of their babies look like this: http://www.superbwallpapers.com/animals/...fox-25575/

Or we could be mates. The words sent a rush of... well, something shooting through her veins. “I think… I think I’d like that,” she replied. If anybody was to have her, it should be Peregrine. Relaxing further, she licked her lips. “Where I’m from, it’s tradition that the girls aren’t given a last name at birth. The boys carry the name, but I’ve always just been plain old 'Fox.' So, Mister Manfriend, what is your last name?” Funny that she lacked knowledge of it, but she wasn't about to beat herself up about that.

For a split second, she wondered if she was rushing into this, just as Perry had rushed his last relationship. However, after she gave it some brief thought, she realized Peregrine was one of the wolves she had known the longest. It had been nearly half a year since she had squatted on his borders. “And please tell me it’s not something stupid, or I’ll call the whole thing off,” she added wryly.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Um... I love Fox, lol.

And that fox is gorgeous! Did you know those things come in some crazy color phases, like this?

Btdubs, it's really hard writing posts when you're chair dancing.

Her response actually surprised him, in the best kind of way. Struck momentarily dumb with happiness, he planted a kiss on the tip of her nose. When he withdrew, his eyes danced and he laughed quietly at her anecdote, question and subsequent threat.

He resisted the urge to tease her with some made-up surname and said simply, "Fox Redleaf-DiSarinno. It suits you." His insides melted a little bit and he was sure his burning adoration showed on his face. He was tempted to drop a certain three-letter phrase on her but a breathy, "I kind of adore you, you know," came out instead, all hot, fresh and gooey like freshly-baked sticky buns. "Mrs. Redleaf-DiSarinno," he added in a purring growl as he pushed her to the ground again and lavished her with licks and nibbles.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
I have seen that! They should just have a whole litter of black & white phase "foxes." Although Fox would have a really hard time naming them. XD

And... I'm supposed to be getting ready for a party, oops. RIGHT AFTER THIS POST I PROMISE.

When he said her full, new name, a shiver of excitement ran down her spine. This was it. Fox wasn't likely to leave Peregrine after this. It simply wasn't her style. If there was one thing that could be said of the fiery redhead, it was that she stuck to her guns. Fox was one of the stubborn ones, and she wondered if Perry knew what he was getting himself into. If he didn't hate her now, would he in the future? Even if he did, would Fox be able to let him go? Despite her demand that he not die, it would likely be her who tried to kill him if things went sour.

At his confessed adoration, Fox gave him a sloppy wet lick on his nose and nudged him. “You know…” she said, taking a look around, “I don’t think there’s anybody around right now.” Things had been so terribly crazy since she had given up the creek, and the two hadn't gotten to spend the quality time together that a new couple should have been permitted to. “What was it you said the other day? Something about... fucking me silly. The last phrase she said with a devilish grin, her tail flicking to emphasize her point.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
I'm down. :D

Have fun @ the party!~

You can fast forward or fade to black or whatever you wanna do with this. :)

He smiled at her returned affections, his eyes taking on a sultry light when he saw her looking around surreptitiously. I know what you're going to say, he thought to himself, then grinned roguishly when she said exactly what he'd thought and hoped she would say.

"Ooh, mmm... I like it when you talk dirty," Peregrine mused. He then paused thoughtfully and said, "I'll fuck you next time. This time, I'm going to make love to you like a proper husband." As he spoke, he began to push himself to his feet. "I believe this is what they call consummating the marriage." He chortled.

Peregrine licked his lips as Fox rose too. Of course, he wanted to take her right then and there... but he took his time. He rubbed his muzzle along her feminine curves, leaving a trail of nips and kisses as he went. He circled her, gracing every inch of her body with his attention. Only when the moment was finally right did he finally move behind her, hold her tightly and gently pull their hips together in union.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Fadin' out here. Yay for officialness. :B

"Consummate away," she thought, allowing herself to succumb to his every movement. Now that she and Peregrine were "official," Fox did not see herself leaving the plateau for any reason... unless Perry was along for the ride. She took such oaths seriously, and she was not the type to go back on her word.

When their entanglement was over, Fox slid to the ground and onto her side, a pleasant smile spread across her face. Despite all that had happened, she felt contentment and happiness flowing through her heart. She had made the right choice, or so she believed, and the girl slipped easily into sleep with Perry at her side.