don't even know what page you're on
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Overhead, an overcast sky was beginning to part in its centre, affording the animals below a glimpse of pure blue screaming to be freed from its grey prison. Pale rays of sunlight reached through the gap in the clouds as if a spotlight from heaven was shining down, if such a thing existed; Jinx did not believe it did, at least not by that definition. Still, as she loped through a part of Neverwinter's territory where the canopies thinned enough to see beyond their leafy boughs, a rabbit firmly clasped in her jowls, she paused to glance up at it with a light softening of her eyes. The weather had been disagreeable the last couple days, so it was a relief to see even a glimpse of fair sky.

Her pause was brief, however, and quickly she was moving on. Her course would carry her to a cache near the pack's main denning area, as wolves were wont to den together; not communally, as they had in Shearwater Bay, but at least in the vicinity of one another. Jinx had, upon realising she was behaving antisocially by denning on the territory's fringe, painstakingly moved her ferns and pitiful herb collection to a new den she had dug closer to the others, although even that hadn't allowed her to get to know them much better. Whenever she went calling, the wolves of Neverwinter were never home.

She thought to herself briefly, with a smirk at her own humour, that the pack should have been called Never-Home instead.

When she found the telltale scent signals and scratched dirt to mark the cache, she dropped the rabbit, unfortunately a skinny one with a lame leg and therefore not terribly impressive, to her side and began to pick at the dirt with her paws. Her digging gained speed and fervor when she located the softer patch of loam that had resulted from many disturbances, and soon she had unearthed a collection of bones and preserved carcasses. She added the rabbit to the other fare with (for once) a sense of accomplishment before she went to work reburying the contents of the cache, feeling like she had finally done something for her new pack other than questioning when Sos might reveal his intent to her.
<font face="georgia"><i><FONT COLOR="#009f61">f</FONT><FONT COLOR="#03a166">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#05a26c">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#08a471">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#0ba676"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#0ea87c">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#10a981">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#13ab86">w</FONT><FONT COLOR="#16ad8b">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#19af91"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#1bb096">b</FONT><FONT COLOR="#1eb29b">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#21b4a1">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#24b6a6">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#26b7ab">w</FONT><FONT COLOR="#29b9b1">,</FONT><FONT COLOR="#2cbbb6"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#2fbdbb">w</FONT><FONT COLOR="#31bec0">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#34c0c6"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#37c2cb">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3ac4d0">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3cc5d6">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3ec6da">g</FONT></i></font>
15 Posts
Ooc — Riven
I feel all kinds of awkward with Naga. Haven't quite figured her out yet.

It was well enough for Naga that the pack that had taken her in was quiet, and seemed to stay out of one another's way—she hadn't seen the leaders since they brusquely accepted her into their ranks, with little question as to why she was alone. Atropos was out there somewhere, potentially without a pack, and the chill in the air and soft raining days meant winter would be coming. They were used to the Alaskan tundra, and Naga might not have been so worried if their mothers were still with them.

A six month old couldn't bring down an elk on their own; arrogant and proud and all full of destiny as they were, Naga knew this was true of she and her sister. They would need a pack to survive the winter. And so most of her days were spent beyond the borders, searching for any sign of the sister she never thought would leave her side.

Today, however, the young Kesuk-Nereides remained. She was tired, mostly, and figured it would be polite to at least try and know the pack that would help her survive the winter. She navigated through the dark conifers, scouting out someone to talk to—but it seemed almost as difficult as attempting to find Atropos. Naga sighed heavily, but in the next breath she could taste meat in the air—old, but the earthy smell betrayed it. Someone had opened a cache!

She followed her nose, quite proud of her powers of deduction, and before long came across a pale female not a whole lot older than herself... at least, the stranger was one of the younger wolves that Naga had come across in this new land. "Hello," she said awkwardly, not at all eloquent like her mothers would be, "I was starting to think I was the only one home."