The Starbuck and the Nameless Come Together
<font style="font-family:arial; font-size:14px; font-style: italic; color:#006699;">A strong wolf stands above and conquers all</font><p><a href="http://imgur.com/bLLjcbM">Full Reference</a><p>Avatar by STEVIE!
280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
@Saena @Pura family tiiiiiiiiime

Kisu sighed. He was a terrible father. So terrible, in fact, that his children thought Peregrine was their father. At least, that's what it seemed like. Maybe his daughter changed her mind after the shock settled. Maybe his son simply like Peregrine more, because he was Osprey, Jr. and Tytonidae's dad.

Either way, he decided to call his two kids and give them some background information on their family history and their mom. After finding a small clearing and cleaning up the area a bit, Kisu raised his maw into the air and howled for his children.
<strong>here is a strange and bitter crop</strong>
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Pura answered the call immediately, honing in on the source of the sound at an easy lope - a flash of blue-grey fur between the trees.

By now, most of the pack knew that Pura had some shortcomings. Some wondered - privately, of course - if Pied and Kisu's only son was a borderline retard. He rarely spoke, his gaze was vacant, and he seemed to lack that knack for reading between the lines.

But Pura wasn't stupid. Pura was just different - part machine, part wolf. Whilst his father and sister struggled through emotional treacle, battling memories of Pied and an uncertain future as a family, Pura just.. existed. Happily. Or at least without the endless stress of rage, grief, empathy, and its cohorts assaulting his mind. Peregrine was younger, fitter, and more able to guide him in his quest to become a warden - and the young boy gave his attention to the most able candidate, just as he heeded his father's call now. It had the potential to make him dangerous.

He regarded Kisu with quiet curiosity when he arrived in the clearing, immediately noting the absence of twigs and debris - the cleanliness was unnatural, and he wondered what the occasion was. There were no other wolves here. Without a word, he sat down in front of his father, staring eerily at him through wide, blank eyes.
<font style="font-family:arial; font-size:14px; font-style: italic; color:#006699;">A strong wolf stands above and conquers all</font><p><a href="http://imgur.com/bLLjcbM">Full Reference</a><p>Avatar by STEVIE!
280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
Kisu definitely saw the look in his son's steely grey eyes as he sat before him. A small smile tugged at his lips, for he loved the dappled boy no matter who or what he was (even if that meant he seemed to be an airhead).

The male cleared his throat quietly. "Well, I am sure you are wondering why you are here." Kisu paused, remembering the look in his son's eyes and decided to just explain why he had called for him and his sister, the former being the only to show, to Kisu's disappointment. "Anyway, I wanted to tell you about your mother and some of your other family. First, though, do you have any questions?" The nearly six year-old male wondered if his soon-to-be six month old son would have anything to ask. Though he was not excited by much, he secretly hoped it would be something interesting.
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
The female half of the Virtúte duo didn't show. Everything about the situation suggested there would be a lot of talking going on - not Pura's favourite thing, but Kisu was easy to socialize with, so he settled in for the long haul with both eyes trained on his elderly father.

"Anyway, I wanted to tell you about your mother and some of your other family. First, though, do you have any questions?"

Pura didn't have to think long. He and his sister had recently discussed the passing of their mother, Pied, but Pura was unsure about the specifics. "W-who killed our mother?" he asked without missing a beat, presuming that death was only something that could be bestowed upon you by another wolf - not disease, or childbirth, or old age.
280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
ooc: sorry for late reply... was bummed Pura's sister didn't know and I didn't know how Kisu would respond — I didn't want to write a response that wasn't true to the character

Kisu felt many emotions overwhelm him, but his face stayed stone besides the involuntary and minute raise of his left brow. "I did not expect that question." The father stated plainly. "I will answer it, though, since you asked. First, though, let me tell you that it was your mother's dream to have children and that she loved both you and your sister more than anything before you were even born." His sons eyes were hauntingly similar to his father's. So much so that he had to break his gaze away as discomfort wrapped itself around him.

"Your mother died giving birth to you and your sister." It came out with a bang, and it seemed so much harsher out in the open — he had asked if his son had any questions though, which meant he was obligated to answer. And the truth wasn't so pretty.
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Slapping an ending on this!

"Your mother died giving birth to you and your sister."

Pura frowned lightly, but otherwise showed no signs that this news was in any way distressing for him to hear. The manner in which she died would not change the fact that she was dead - and he did not lack for strong women in his life to take up the mantle Pied had dropped when she stopped breathing. Kisu's insistence that Pied had loved the tiny lives within her was.. well, meaningless. Pura did not blame her for her failings, nor did he really care. He did not miss what he had never had.

"OK," he responded, satisfied with the answer, and stood up abruptly - nature's call (of the number #2 variety) signalled that it was time to find a bit of earth to squat over. Along the way, he was distracted by a leaf and did not return to hear more from Kisu.