Stavanger Bay Bird beaks and Talon claws
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
@Nerian @Julooke @Ragnar (if you want to make a cameo love or not does not matter to me :D)

Thistle had left Junior to find Ragnar and then realizing that she couldn't see for the blood that slicked down her face. She lifted muzzle to the sky and called out a questioning howl for help. She was an adept healer, a great healer actually, but even she knew she would be unable to fix the wounds that she bore, they were to far back on her shoulders and her head, she could not reach them herself.

She sat down and licking a paw slicked it back across her head and shoulders trying to get what blood she could. She felt at least 3 deep nicks on her shoulders and one large peck on her head. She looked around for something to keep the blood from sluicing into her eyes, but could find nothing at the moment. There were no cobwebs to be found and she growled softly in frustration.
169 Posts
Ooc — Kris

The howl for help made her freeze, it was Thistle's voice. She felt her heart in her throat as she darted toward the origin of the sound, she had no herbs on her and from teh last time she had no idea what she'd be running into Thistle seemed to like getting herself into trouble on other's behalf.

Nerian's graceful form moved quick along the ground nearly floating. Her speed she had worked upon in recent times. If she could not be counted on for brute strength she could be counted on for finesse and daring attacks.

Nerian could not help the gasp that escaped her on her the arrival upon Thistle. Nerian moved up close to Thistle and curled her body against Thistle's chest as if to hold her there, but really she just wanted to make sure Thistle was real and cognitive. Using her tongue to clean the blood from her eyes and face and also in the same motion assess the damage.

What happened? she inquired between careful licks. Careful not to ruin what clotting had already started

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
@Julooke feel free to still join in if you like :D

Thistle sat quietly when she swiveled ears hearing footfalls on the ground. She turned blue eyed gaze towards it and watched as Nerian came at a run. She tilted her head trying to blink through the blood that filled her face and eyes. She grumbled to herself, head wounds always bled so much more than regular wounds.

Thistle was momentarily surprised when Nerian approached her in a more physical way than she was used to from the priestess. She had always been under the impression, that Nerian did not like to be touched. She laid a small lick on the other’s brow to let her know she was fully aware of her surroundings and cognitive, nothing like the fight with the cougar, nothing at all. Thistle did not move as Nerian worked to clean the wounds on her face and head, most of the wounds being on her head and shoulders, though a few had landed on her brow, as the gyrfalcons had dove for her eyes.

Thistle spoke softly Junior again, the girl invites trouble. She said the last part rather fondly, loving the child for her spirit and wayward ways. She came to see us, but she ran past the gyrfalcons and they have nests this time of year, so they attacked her, and I didn’t think of anything but how I needed to take care of her. She will needed tended too as well I believe. I did what I could with what I had at the moment.
169 Posts
Ooc — Kris
tiny power play with a wound location if that's not acceptable then let me know I'll edit

Nerian ran over in her mind what could work quickly and Yarrow was the quickest to make and use. is the any patches of Yarrow around I could temporarily patch you both up with it until I prepare something to help bring the inflammation down Nerian glanced around for signs of either Yarrow or Junior. or another wolf that could help make the poultice that might help stop the bleeding it bothered Nerian to see Thistle's face marred by blood, or worse her own blood. The iron taste in her mouth was strong and the white of her under jaw now coated in Thistle's blood, as the head wounds continued to ooze blood.

Nerian nuzzled Thistle's cheek and darted away for a moment returning with a meager amount of Yarrow, enough to staunch Thistle's head wounds and not much else. She needed more

Nerian chewed the yarrow into a past of spit and plant carefully applying it to the worse of Thistle's head wounds with her tongue. Nerian gasped at the sight of a larger tear across the top of thistle's shoulders it ran from one shoulder to the other. A kill shot had Thistle been smaller prey.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle swiveled a torn ear it would heal, I'm not sure where all the Yarrow is yet, I'm still finding out all the plants here. Their locations I mean. She grew quiet again as Nerian nuzzled her cheek adn then ran off to grab something. She returned with the Yarrow. Thistle thought about offering assistance, but realized Nerian would probably say no.

Thistle tilted her head at the gasp that left Nerian's maw. What is one of the wounds worse than it seems? The one on my shoulders hurts, but I can't see it very well. Thistle did not know what else she could say, the shoulder pain was pretty bad. Thistle shifted her weight and lay down so Nerian could reach everthing better. They were about the same size so it was probably not the easiest though better than when Ragnar got hurt.
169 Posts
Ooc — Kris

Nerian licked the last of the yarrow that she found onto Thistle's torn ear what she had left was no where near the amount that she needed for the shoulder wound. Oddly as she applied the yarrow to Thistle's ear she thought of Ragnar and Ragnar's ear she didn't correlate why her thoughts wandered to Ragnar but she frowned at herself and stepped back to see if there was anything else to tend to beside the larger wound.

I think we need to get more yarrow.... Nerian pressed the top of her muzzle to Thistle clouds cheek The one on your shoulder is deep and if I don't tend to it, it may scar. I'll be back soon.

Nerian turned and ran lifting her muzzle she scented the air, she followed her nose, looking for yarrow, Thistle's favorite cobwebs anything.... time passed by slowly as she continued her search finally she came by another small patch of Yarrow and grabbed it up
Nerian looked around hoping to memorize where this yarrow was in case she needed to come back, then fairly flew across the ground and returned to Thistles side.

As nerian slowed to a stop she dropped the yarrow and began to chew on some she made the poultice as quickly as she could, her jaw was getting tired but she paid no mind toward herself she only thought's were Thistle.

Neiran stood of thistle cloud and applied the yarrow to the wound only when it was covered did she allow herself a moment to breath. With every treatment she gave Thsitle Nerian felt a little closer to her sister wife, it pained her to know that her feelings may never be returned to her in the same manner but just being able to have intimate moments like these would have to be enough.

Nerian ran muzzle through Thistle's pelt gingerly. Looking for any other hidden wounds, is what she would say if asked. After today please tell me if any of the wounds are sore. Birds are not known for having the cleanest talon's I don't want infection to settle in. Do you feel anything you don't think I did attend to yet?
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle returned the soft touch to her cheek to Nerian and nodded. Okay I won't go anywhere I promise. She gave her a small smile and then she did wait. She watched as Nerian ran off to find more Yarrow.

Thistle waited quietly, the stinging in her shoulders causing momentary discomfort. She lay her head to her paws and simply thought about the day. She wondered briefly if Junior had found Ragnar and Tveir. She hoped so, because frankly she was too tired to go looking for her at the moment. She kept her eyes closed until she heard Nerian approaching again, and she lifted her head with ears erect.

If Nerian had spoken to her of her angst, she probably would have told her that she may grow to care for her in time. Actually she was almost certain she would, there was no way she couldn't. They shared a husband and matron duties, so they would grow closer, it would just be the way of things. And Thistle already couldn't really imagine life without her. The den would be empty as well if anything happened to Nerian. Thistle shook her head dispelling such terrible thoughts.

Thistle shook her head No it seems okay, and I know and I'll remember. She chuckled, she was not being mean. It just amused her when Nerian would talk to her about healing, when they were both healers. However, they both knew different things, and some of the same things. No I am okay, I just want to sit here. Will you sit with me for awhile Nerian? Or do you have things you need to do? Thistle found she wanted her sister wife's company again, having felt they were closer since the meadow play.
169 Posts
Ooc — Kris

Nerian regretfully stopped her thorough investigation of Thistle and circled once settling down into a laying position wither her side touching Thistle's side Even for a healer it's easier to have another wolf tend to you, and though I'm glad to have the honor of treating you thistle, please uh... avoid needed it so much, a large smile curved over her lips I can see that you and Ragnar are most definitely made for each other, I'm surprised he has gone this long without needed to be patched up, Nerian giggled softly to herself and then lay her head and neck across Thistle Clouds front Paws I have no where more important to be then here with you.

Nerian wanted to bring up the youngling Chrysanthemum the one that had hoped Nerian would adopt her, but she didn't know how to parlay into it nor did she know where it would go after that, her fears were getting stronger every day she'd go into heat again in early winter and she feared children now more then ever.

Instead of speaking her mind she settled on cuddling with Thistle, this was a warm safe place right now. and sharing a moment with her was very precious. We definitely need to find and mark more Yarrow patches but I don't think it likes to grow so close to the ocean Nerian offered by way of conversation as she warmed Thistle's paws

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle shifted to give Nerian more room, surprised at how close she was. It was not abnormal, just surprising. Most wolves were cuddlers especially in winter, so she didn’t mind so much. She didn’t even think of how anyone else would think about it. She laid her own head across Nerians since she was laying on her paws and just listened as she talked. She chuckled I’m sorry Nerian I can’t help it. When I see one of my children in trouble blood or not I get extremely protective, I turn into some crazy female that wants to rip whatever is endangering them apart. I will probably do the same with your children. I am surprised too, but perhaps he is learning to be safe. I doubt it, and he is probably biding his time. She chuckled at the that, not even saying anything about being meant for each other, when she truly believed that Ragnar loved Nerian so much more than herself. I’m glad. Was all she remarked on about Nerian having nothing and no where to be or do.

Thistle did not realize her comment of Nerian’s children would be ill received. She did not know the fear the other woman had. She would gladly talk to her about it if she wished, but Thistle had always known she wanted children, had always wanted a family.

I think you’re right. Perhaps we will have to make a visit back to the ridge, or even Raven’sBlood Forest. Have we checked Vindur Break Meadow? She asked about the own meadow she had named.
169 Posts
Ooc — Kris

The only thing that betrayed Nerian's feelings on the topic was a twitch of her ear and a slight pause in her breathing, then a true appreciation of the quick change of topic I think when ever 'it' goes down we both might be needed to patch him up Nerian giggled softly Because they say, The longer a viking goes without trouble the more trouble he's planing on getting himself in. She sighed I laugh now but the more time passes I begin to fear the possibilities...

Nerian always wondered in the back of her mind, if she was pitied by Ragnar and wondered if that was the reason she had been taken, at first she thought it was because she spoke many languages nearly fluently. But as time wore on she began to wonder her purpose, she still did. Thistle was a better match for Ragnar in many ways, she challenged Ragnar, she held herself like him, She was a fighter, a real Shield Maiden, she was the yin to his yang and Nerian well she felt like that little dot in the center, important but not necessarily... Nerian was no fighter in fact for most of her scars she didn't even defend herself, she was good at thinking on her feet, but in a fight her best tactic was run and distract. And that is what she had done with that bear long ago... Not that it had helped any in the end that bear or at least it's kin had gotten what it came for..

hummm... You can't fight fate Her train of thought lead her to that revelation. She looked up at Thistle Do you believe that?

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle listened, but said nothing. She had not noticed the hitch in the woman's breath or the twitch of her ear. She was becoming drowsy, laying like this. But she wanted to continue their conversation, if she was going to spend the rest of her life with this woman, because Ragnar planned on it, she wanted to know her. Thistle shifted Perhaps we will both be needed. While deep in her heart she thought the words or maybe he'll just need you. She kept the thought to herself though, not wanting to mar any potential stirrings of friendship and other such things.

Thistle was not a fighter in the normal sense, she was merely a protector. only fighting when it was needed or her family was in danger. Then she was a force to be reckoned with, and though she challenged Ragnar, it was still not enough or perhaps it was too much and that was why he needed more than she. She would never know, never askk.

Thistle nodded Yes i believe that. You can't fight many things, and that is one of them. Fate is fickle.
169 Posts
Ooc — Kris

Neiran rolled over so the back of her head was on Thistle's paws she looked up at the underside of Thistle's Cloud's slender jaw, unable to resist she leaned up and smoothed her tongue along the gentle curve. then nuzzled her head against Thistle's chest chest and closed her eyes with a soft sigh. She spoke ignoring her action and offering a distraction to help Thistle ignore it as well It is said The Norns spin the threads of fate at the foot of Yggdrasil, the tree of the world. But I was not born as a pagan so I wonder if they spun my thread or if 'my' god did.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle blinked in surprise when she felt soft tongue slide across her face. She didn't say anything though, choosing to ignore it, since that seemed to be what Nerian wanted her to do. And she had put the poor woman through the wringer today with her wounds and besides that she didn't mind it. It was nice to treated affectionately for a change.

She tilted her head and listened to what she said. I'm not sure Nerian, but I think that they all work together the different gods. So maybe your god spun yours and interwove it with Ragnar's and mine knowing you would become or at least marry a viking later on in life.
169 Posts
Ooc — Kris

Nerian sighed softly, the sigh was not exhausted or mean but rather an exhalation of 'if your sure...' Nerian buried her muzzle in the underside of Thistle's jaw, where her head met her neck and wuffed gently, taking in Thistle's smell though she knew it all to well by now. Even here below the line of wounds that the birds had created, she would smell the mix of arnica paste as it dried upon Thistle's wounds.

You'll need to wash yourself in the salt water of the bay in a few days just to get the poultice off and keep any infection from taking root. I enjoy having such a useful natural resource around.

Nerian then looked up past Thistle's head and toward the clouds ugh... winter will be here sooner then we know it

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle shifted since Nerian buried her face in her fur. She had to move so she had more room and she wasn't squishing the femme's poor head. Realizing she felt no animosity towards her sister wife at the moment. There was still hurt, there would always be hurt, but she could move on from it.

Thistle chuckled at Nerian's next words. And here i thought you were telling me i smelled. She gently teased Nerian. Chuckling again afterwards, probably vibrating the poor girl as she did so.

Thistle sighed I know and it worries me. Julooke is due to have her pups soon and they will be so little, and Ein, Tveir and Gyda are also not yet a year old. And when you become pregnant. We will have to make sure our caches are full and are herbs are in stock. We will do fine, we are a family and families don't quit. SHe grew quiet then and shifted and preened the back of Nerian's shoulders, for something to do as she was lost in thought.
169 Posts
Ooc — Kris

Nerian's eyes grew wide a thoughtful hum escaped her he allowed thistle to groom her for a few moments receiving attention from Thistle was heavenly, but her uncomfortableness overtook her desire to simply enjoy Thistle Cloud and she pulled herself from Thistle's embrace gently yet quickly, searching for an excuse.

I just remembered Thistle... ... I promised Jalooke an oat tea it'll be cold by the time I get it back to her but the property's will still be the same. I need to make it at the hot springs and I was hoping to introduce myself to her mate and get him to help me, I think he would since the journey is for Jalooke.

Nerian wanted more then anything to run away that instant but she didn't want to be rude so she waited a moment for Thistle to excuse her. Nerian's expression becoming more neutral and less emotional as her emotions kicked into a higher gear.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
[size=small]I can't tell if Nerian dislikes Thistle or likes her my poor girl's so confused lol.[/size]

Thistle was surprised as Nerian semi jerked. She had told her she had nothing to do today. Oh well it was of no consequence it was for Julooke. She nodded Okay go then, yes take someone with you and I imagine Verrine would be more than pleased to help you. I don't know though he doesn't much like to leave her side. She grew quiet and thoughtful, and she shifted so Nerian could move easier away from her. She was confused, she did not know why Nerian did not want her friendship, perhaps she had been too cruel at first and she just couldn't forgive her.

She offered her a smile I should be going to the den anyway. She turned and walked towards the den, she would see her sister wife later and Ragnar. Perhaps she needed to stay away again, because Nerian didn't seem to want her around, and Ragnar would take Nerian's side, so perhaps she should just for a day or two. She shrugged and shook her head, too tired to really think about that right now and too sore.
169 Posts
Ooc — Kris

Thanks Thistle I forgot about my promise to her the other day, I ended up getting distracted and then when you started to distract me again I remembered... Nerian smiled, a smile that reached her eyes this time, as she stepped forward and flicked her tongue across Thistles hip before turning and trotting away. She had a hint at to where verine Might be and so headed toward Jalooke's den, just because it was an excuse didn't mean she wasn't going to do it.