Broken Antler Fen Don't return to me my love
Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
All Welcome 
For once his paws didn't carry him the usual direction, north, to his siren, or east, to...well whatever. 
instead he found a marsh; thick, foul smelling sucking mud and soft wet grasses. The throaty bellows of bullfrogs and hum of mosquitoes. There were a lot of mosquitoes. Curious, he prodded further into the soupy territory, having never explored here before. 
A snake slipped across his path and he froze, uncertain. However it seemed harmless and continued gliding into a nearby pool of stagnant water.
218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
He had a strange fondness for marshes, if not for their environment, then for the wealth of plants and herbs one could find there. He had been glad that his grandmother chose such a diverse place to lay her roots, where plants of all types could be found easily. His thoughts on the rest of her choices were mixed.

He placed the stone in a safe place, away from the muck and grime of the marsh, then ventured into the marsh in search of white water lily. The swings in temperature and humidity had nagged at him, and a cough had entered his chest. Nothing major, but it had lingered for long enough that he was annoyed. 

He shivered as he began to go through the muck. In the summer the waters might have been pleasant, but with a chilly spring, it felt cold and slimy against his fur. Would the lilies even be blooming at such a time? There was a chance that the sun wasn't enough for them to grow or even bloom. He might have to go elsewhere.

There was someone else in the marsh. He could hear the slosh of mud and muck that sounded much too large to be one of the native swamp denizens. Ganon paused as he heard the creature growing closer until he saw the figure come into sight. The wolf, though older, was smaller than Ganon, and clad in brown and cream. A snake slithered across the wolf's path and he flinched. Ganon smiled. It's a bit too cold for it to be feisty, he said, noting the wolf's posture. He looked startled. Won't bite.
My mind is clearer now...

...at last, all too well...
Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
He wasn't a fan of the cold or the wet. 
it was however a relief to not worry about leeches. 

He heard the sloshing of pawsteps and looked up, tail flagging. The male stood in front of him was absolutely beautiful- massive and well built with crimson and white plumage. Briefly ashamed of the scars crossing his face and body he tried to keep his head turned away. 
"Good to know. Survived too much for a thing the size of my paw to take me out." He laughed good naturedly. "I'm Memory. And you?" 
218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
He wished that he knew more about snakes. He generally gave them a wide berth regardless of their venomous nature. He knew that they were sluggish in the cold and easier to handle. He had heard of snake-wranglers before but had never met one. That'd be an interesting encounter. He chuckled, sharing the man's sentiment. Ganondorf, he replied. You from a pack?

Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
His name is as beautiful as his figure. 
For a moment Memory is speeches, captivated by him. 
He steps closer, smiling. "Beautiful name. Wish mine was that fancy." He chuckled. Something large and heavy splashed in the water a short distance away and he looked up, alert. 
"I am. We're just over there in the Woods. But....it's not a space for the average wolf. Lots of fighting and power stuggles and killing for hire. I'm heading north next full moon though- if you want to join me?" 
218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
Ganon smiled. Never had his name been called beautiful before. Interesting to think of. It was long, sure, but Ganon would never call it fancy. Thanks, he said. His ears and head twitched towards the noise, pausing to see if anything would come towards them. Nothing. Perhaps something splashing into the water. Sounds like home to me, he chuckled. Blackfeather Woods? Or the Haunted Woods? There just had to be two places called the Woods north of them. Are you led by a Melonii?

Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
He wasn't surprised to hear the wolf wanted to join Nightwalkers. To those that didn't live the way they had it sounded like fun.
"Uhh...Haunted? I guess? That would be a good name for them. Honestly I didn't know they had one. I know, cheesy huh? The guy who founded the place was a real piece of work." 
The next question had him even more confused. "Sorry, but who...or what....is a Melonii? No leader by that name. Venegance has been dead for months. Hela dissapeared a month ago I think, probably got herself killed. My little brother- well not really I just kinda adopted him- Valour leads now. He's a damn good kid." 
218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
He did not recognize any of the names that the man used, even though one was his niece's. It wasn't surprising — he'd been gone for ages, after all. Things changed quickly in the Wilds. The drama sounded the same though. He chuckled. Piece of work. That could refer to his whole family. Melonii is my family name. We used to rule land north of here. A place called Blackfeather Woods. It seemed like a lifetime ago, another theme in this, his most recent excursion to the Wilds. It was such a long time ago, it's fine.

Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
He was surprised. What was a family name? Where he was from, the names were simple. Did fen have one? He wanted one, when they had courted and were starting a family. What would it be Though? Something strong, alluding to survival. 

He nods at the man's words. "I haven't been here long. Be nice to have a legacy like that some day, though."