Haunted Wood I can keep away the creeps
Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
Limit Two 
@Cordelia

He had spent half a year here not knowing about the pit. He could have benefited from spending the rest of his time continuing to not fucking know. 
Only madmen, monsters, savages had a pit. His mind thought back to his first test when he was only 3 months old...the screams the elder had made. His first time killing another wolf. His first taste of wolfflesh. 

He was alarmed to find there was a recent scent- a shewolf. He instantly grew curious... Was she brainwashed enough to stay? Or could he convince her to see Awenfen? 
He tracked her scent, finally finding her and approaching gently, seating himself a few feet away. 
"You got yourself into a mess here. But I might have a way out if you want it." 
111 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Away
Since her release from the pit, the one known as @Valour had placed her in a small den. He explained that it wasn't being used by any of the other members of this pack and would be a place for her to regain her strength. This is where she had been since. Waiting in this den. A major upgrade from the pit as she was able to walk around, get water when needed, release herself in an area where she didn't sleep, and it was dry. But she didn't dare leave often and stayed within the den most of the time. She still wasn't convinced that savages didn't inhabit this pack, and she was far too weak to flee without being caught. Plus in her current state fending for herself was unlikely and receiving a regulated diet here would be best for her recovery.

She rested in the den when an unknown figure sat a few paces from the entrance of the den and spoke to her. Though she was clean now and with it a large amount of her confidence she still felt unsafe here and among the wolves that resided here. "Beliving claims as such is what resulted in my current condition" she stated calmly, though inside her emotions raged.
Cordelia's identity is currently unknown to the wolves of the Teekon Wilds. 
She is known by all as Corra.

Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
She was a pretty little thing. 
He looked at her with a mix of pity, pity and sadness. She was trapped here, against her will, alone. 
"You have every right not to trust me. But I'm leaving in a few days, heading north. My...intended...is a healer. I know a little bit about healing myself. I won't force you to come with me. I have no reason to hurt you." 
He grimaced inwardly, realizing he hasn't so much as told her his name. 
"My name is Memory. And yours? " 
111 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Away
She'll turn around. She just needs some convincing. :)

"You have no reason to trust me... I have no reason to hurt you" Things she had all heard before. After all, if someone did want to lure you out into a vulnerable situation the best way to do that wouldn't be to be blatantly honest and come right out and reveal their nefarious plans. It had worked on her twice so far, once even now without her knowledge. "There wasn't reason behind my imprisonment either." But this tail had extra detail. A betrothal, relocation, a healer, and a name. Why would he want her to leave this place? Why was he here in the first place? When asked her name, she stayed silent. He didn't deserve to know that, not even the new one she had given previously. "What brought you here?" she asked referring to the territory in which they currently resided.

Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
The fact she was held here, against her will, for absolutely no reason, infuriated him. How could Valour allow this? It must have been Hela's doing, and Valour just hadn't known. 
she inqured about his origin and he sighed. 
"It's a long story. I grew up in a pack like this. Worse, actually. When you grow up thinking this lifestyle is normal you just kinda slip into the role without even thinking about it." There was regret and remorse in his voice. "I've done some really shitty things, when I was young. But my heart isn't in it anymore. And then I met Mal, and Fen...and realized I don't belong here." 
111 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Away
The way he described his past life and change in opinion seemed so casual, too casual. "my heart isn't in it anymore" Like a hunter that was just too tired to go chase another rabbit for the day. To be raised in such a setting likely brought about a way of life and thought process that anything done for the right reasons was acceptable. What sort of interaction could change all that? This extraordinary claim needed some sort of extraordinary evidence for Cordelia to believe it fully. "What was it the two portrayed to alter your course?" she asked.

Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
He smiled at her question. 
"Mal basically smacked me in the head with some logic I was...sorely in need of." He laughed quietly at the memory of how harshly the man had spoken to him. 
"Reminded me that we all have a choice, and we aren't doomed to keep repeating the same thing over and over just because we were told that's how it is. I was an idiot whining about hating myself and too stuck up my own ass to realize...I didn't have to. I didn't have to be a monster." 
He shook his head and then smiled good naturedly. "And Fen? Fen is the most beautiful creature I could ever ask to meet. She's not just beautiful...she's soft and sweet and loving. I don't know what hit me but I knew when we met I needed to be by her side. And I wouldn't want her in a place like this." 
111 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Away
His attitude was very good-natured and Cordelia's instinct was to believe him. But she couldn't pretend like those instincts hadn't lead her to where she was now. His words were all well and good, but what he said really wouldn't matter. Aside from blatant aggression from him, the decision to go or stay would all rely on Cordelia's willingness to risk her livelihood once again.

One of the things that did stick with her was: "We aren't all doomed to repeat the same thing over and over" This was the only thing in her favor. He spoke of it in a different context but it still rang true in Cordelia's mind. How likely was it really that she would be taken again into a terrible situation like before. And was she more likely to repeat such a fate outside of this pack or within it where she knew it inhabited at least some savages? There were some that lit a torch for her in the dark, providing her food and lifting her out of the pit. There there were still those that wouldn't think twice about shoving her in once again just around the corner. But here before her was possibly another holding a torch. Would it lead her to the light, or burn her like a moth. 

"If I were to accompany you on this journey. How far would we venture? I'm in no condition to travel conveniently"

Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
He thought for a moment over her question. 
"No more than a week travel, tops. I'm a skilled hunter and can still fish despite the whole...eye situation. If I take an easy rout using the Meadows and open spaces the travel should be light. I know basic medicine so your injuries can be treated until I can get you to Awenfen." 
She was trusting him, and there was little more he could offer besides his word and his honor- which in all honesty didn't mean much to a place like this.
111 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Away
It was only when he mentioned his eye that she made the effort to look him in the eye and see that one was missing. Strangely not surprising considering what Clarance had looked like and the environment. A week's time and his description of their route made it look as though he was actually thinking about it rather than spuing something out. "So your plans to sneak me out? For what purpose?"

Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
Of course she was still suspicious. 
it was only natural. Ghed must have done a number on her- it was wolves like him that would make the changes to Nightwalkers a Hassel for Valour. He only hoped the boy could pull it off and make Nightwalker a name to be proud of. 
His response was blunt. "Would you rather stay here? A slave? Or worse honed and sharpened into something we both know you aren't?" Especially when the alternative was freedom. "Nobody deserves to suffer. I'm offering you freedom." 
111 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Away
His statement's didn't answer her question initially, only further explain her likely future here. It almost made her angry. As though he felt she was unknowledgeable and able to see what she had instore here. It also could have been interpreted as him claiming she wasn't strong enough to become what he had. "Of course I don't want to stay here!" she proclaimed. "But you are asking me to risk my livelihood once again. There is no evidence your claims are true. You could have been sent to lead me away and finish me off so the clean up would be easier" she huffed and began to settle down. "At least here... I know that's instore" she explained in a dejected tone.

Almost convinced. ;P

Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
He dared to inch closer to her, offering a comforting nudge. 
"I can't make any promises. My word is the best I can offer. I've never seen this pack. I don't know the leaders. I only know Awenfen." 
He answered genuinely. 
"If I wanted to kill you I wouldn't waste my time dragging you across the teekons. I would simply take your life right here and tell them you died on the journey." And of course he had not, and would not, made a move towards such an act.
111 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Away
As he approached she flinched back and winced only softening as she realized his intended comforting nudge. The nudge itself wasn't comforting, more so the fact that it wasn't an attack confirmed her. Though his words were harsh they sounded truthful. How much effort would really be put into her when this pack cared so little about her wellbeing. It wasn't a decision she wanted to make. She didn't like taking risks, especially ones that had so much at stake. But in a sick way, the possibility of death or slavery was even punishment, and only one possessed the possibility of her freedom. "... Ok. I'll go with you" she said hesitantly. She then thought back to his original question. "My name is Corra"

Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
Finally, he seems to have won her over. 
"I'll come for you in a few days. For now, rest and try to put weight on." 
He gets to his paws, turning and slipping away.