morphine cloud
marrow of the spirit
87 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
@Beric Finally! Took me long enough, hurrhurr. :)

Verrine woke with a start from a bizarre dream and blinked his eyes blearily in the bright noonday sunshine. Frowning and troubled, he pondered the last scenes of his dream for a moment -- in it, his puppies had all been born with white eyes. It made no sense, but in a way, it did. He shook his head, attempting to rid himself of the unsettling images, and rose to his paws. He yawned and took several seconds to stretch himself and shake out his coat, then peered around. He had been napping just outside the entrance to the den he shared with his mate. She wasn't around, so he figured she must've wanted some air and wandered off somewhere. Actually, now that he thought about it, he vaguely remembered her kissing him and whispering that she was heading out.

He stood there for a few moments, wondering what he should do, when it occurred to him suddenly that it had been a long time since he'd spent some time with Beric. Sure, they'd been around one another enough recently because they were packmates and that was unavoidable, but they hadn't actually had a chance to sit down and talk in some time. Turning his muzzle upward, he sent up a short, soft howl inviting his friend to join him for some long-overdue catching up.

<center><font face="times"><font color="#99938d"><small>A T  T H E  C R E A T I O N ' S  H O L L O W,  A  S U D D E N  W H I T E  L I G H T  G L E A M S<br><i>like a wayward sentient spirit in the mire of space and time</i></small></font></font></center>