King Elk Forest We can't all be the prom king!
the cursed child of Déorwine
13 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
set during this thread
@Célness @Cenric OPEN

She had not set a paw inside the territory but she was just on the edge. She had followed the gathering of scents with her tactics of stealth, she had known it was the group she had been looking for. Oh, how wonderful.

The albino girl had made sure to wear her deer pelt to help protect her from the rays of the burning sun as well as to help her blend in. Just then a howl came, one of celebration and declaration. Ah, so it had not been as long as she might have thought. This land was now for the High Elk worshipers but would they let the cursed witch back in their ranks now they they had found their new home?

A smile touched her lips as she raised her own voice with those that celebrated but her song was not just to help show solidarity but to call out to the Kings. It was a summons just as much as a celebration but would they catch her voice as the others began to die down?
67 Posts
Ooc — landry
He cuts his howl short. He hears so many others, even some from outside the territory. Either a few stragglers has wandered outside their protective barrier or there’s other wolves not of the faith skulking around their haven. Time to perish this land of sin — those who are not lead by the High Elk. 

So he begins. Trotting dutifully towards one howl in particular. It doesn’t last much longer so the last half of the tracking is guesstimating where the sound came from. Though upon further examination he finds himself a deer. Oh no, wait. That’s no deer. It’s a wolf in deers clothing — literally. He’s silent, creeping up behind this cursed wolf. Cursed like him. 

“You lost?” He calls from the dimly casted shadows.
13 Posts
Ooc —
Someone was coming up behind her, one must not be too careful when near the followers of the High Elk. They had bullied her when she was a child and yet she was always faithful,  she was even spared by their savior from the fire that ravaged their home but why? She was the cursed child, the one they called WITCH.

His voice came and she turned, her blue colored eyes landing on his own markings that screamed cursed. Why was he allowed to wander inside their new home and not she, oh that what the loophole, he had colors of earth and soil where she had none. "Not lost at all" she responded, her face not really showing any emotion but for a fake but slightly smile to her lips.
67 Posts
Ooc — landry
Sorry for the short post :’>

He tiptoes out suspiciously, head level with his shoulders and his movements smooth — precise. “You’re lost in the faith.” He hums quietly. Hardly any movement of his lips with the words.

Then he comes closer.Whitney.” He hums to her.
13 Posts
Ooc —
You're lost in the faith

His words were quite but she still caught the meaning. Was she lost, hmm, that was a funny thought seeing how she had done everything for their deer-kin family. She was cast out once more, she was not supposed to survive the fire that ravaged their home. Instead she had simply lost a tail, making her more deer-like than the others hit for her ivory fur. 

Her name came and she dipped her head as if to say, yes, I am the witch. "Eadwulf," She hummed back at the man that was slightly less cursed than herself. "They accept you then." Her words remained gentle and calm but it was obvious what she was saying, though you have cursed markings you are welcome where I am not.
67 Posts
Ooc — landry
Her silvery pelt catches eyes, not in a good way regarding the path of the High Elk. He wants to scoff, instead he allows it to come out as a soft exhale. His name from her cursed lips and his brows furrow, quickly smoothing out and nodding at her question. 

“I repent and repent. I praise the High Elk. Would sacrifice myself for the high elk. Would kill for the High Elk. Leave, Whitney, before I have to kill you.” He says, adding a bit more base to his voice. A snarl and curled lips slowly making themselves known to the woman.
13 Posts
Ooc —
I repent and repent.

Ah, she did not do that enough. "As have I." Her words but a whisper. No, she could never repent enough. She was born a curse, her fate was set before she was even opened her ruby tintd eyes. There was no repenting to these deerkin, there was nothing she could do to be accepted by them. They would see her as a witch, an abdominal creature that was a threat to their society. 

"You could try, Eadwulf." She spoke with a smooth and gentle voice as she began to turn away, she walked slowly away from him as he teeth mad themselves known but before she vanished she threw another string of words that held a form of laughter without actually laughing.

"That's the thing about us, the cursed.." It was the reason they were feared, the reason she was feared. "We don't die easily." at that she moved further away, vanished unless stopped.
67 Posts
Ooc — landry
She’s just as quiet as he, her voice but a dainty whisper — like the wind whisking past his ears. He doesn’t think she can repent enough to save herself. For her next sleigh of words confirm how far away from the faith she has strayed. He will not kill her today. No she will leave peacefully it seems. His lemon hues eyes watching her form as she slithers off.

That’s the thing about us cursed...

His eyes squint at her smile and wispy voice. 

We don’t die easily.

She’s right. Both of them are proof of that. His god-forsaken sister is proof of that. He’d let her go. Only because she is right. It’s time to repent. Slowly spinning on his heal, he creeps bad into the trees, hiding in the shadows. There’s a prayer being mumbled on his lips. He’s gone.