Dragoncrest Cliffs i'd brave those mountain passes
67 Posts
Ooc — landry
Read Only 
Marked as a read only as I imagine the den is guarded and he wouldn't go in or very close, but if anyone would like a chance to respond, let me know. :)

New life had met the earth that belonged to Sapphique.

He thought of the story @Erzulie had told him — of Maman Paya. How she had tended to the house of the Sun and how mothers had come for the Sun's blessing in birth. It resonated now as she presumably laid in a den with children at her side.

He had minded his manners through it all. Stayed away when her cries had struck through the sea air like waves against rocks. They were not his to examine, he had not been summoned. Rightfully so.

It would be in the hushed dawn of the next morning that he would arrive. Even then it was distanced. Part of a seal clutched between his jaws. The fat of its belly ample for a new mother and her children. The coat of it stained with his labors of claiming it. His own face dark and ruddy for the work, matching the rest of him for once.

He left it near enough to her den spot that the Obsidian might know it was for her. If not, he hoped whoever stumbled upon it would be so kind as to bring it to her. He did not need credit. Only to know that the future generation was taken care of as best as he could provide.

From a distance.