Stavanger Bay Hideaway
105 Posts
Ooc —
Only those who would reasonably be permitted to meet the puppies. Caretakers, maybe?

Thirteen hours had gone by and Kevlyn still hadn't shut up.

This time, he wailed because Liyani was too close. He alternated between loudly sniffling, kicking out his legs in an attempt to dislodge her from his side, and whining shrilly through his nostrils. By now, he was exhausted but could find no relief, and so sleep was slow in coming. If he had to suffer being awake, then so did everyone else!

Maybe he was succeeding in making his den mates miserable, and maybe he wasn't. No doubt Julooke could sleep through anything after delivering her pups, but the others were no doubt disturbed by him. The babes could not hear, but they could feel, and Kevlyn thrashed and kicked often enough to bother them, too.
with fire in her veins
262 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Other puppys are just rude, feel free to react in anyway.
The saying should go Curiosity killed the puppy, (not the cat)
not saying kill Gyda just that she's gets into trouble with her curiousity

Gyda could no longer help it the cries of the pups were to curious. She drew up outside the Den then held them. Gyda waited just a few minutes but the noise didn't stop so she slip her head in and lay on the ground waiting for her eyes to adjust to the dark.

It smelled damp and warm at the same time. Gyda mimicked the pups cry, though hers was deeper she was still young enough her voice held a puppy edge.

With no motion from the mother Jalooke, she recognized the scent from when Jalooke babysat her and her brothers though she hadn't seen her babysitter in a long time. Gyda crawled forward just a bit until he could just barely touch the crying pup, she nudged his bottom and mimicked him again. hoping to distract him from the constant crying anyway, she had no idea how else to help she was just a babe herself even though her 6 month birthday was fast approaching
and armor underneath her skin
who crushes the world beneath her feet
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen

Julooke had decided to stretch her legs. She had felt a little cramped being inside the den so long, and she felt the stiffness in her legs from it. They weren't accustomed to being curled up and still so long. She had gone out for a trot, but didn't go too far. A quick trip to the lake and back was just enough to get her muscles stretched and feeling good again. Her ears were perked as she slowed, approaching the den. A growl escaped her throat, and her hackles raised when she realized something was different than when she left.

Her nose went to work then, immediately catching Gyda's scent. She sniffed more, making sure it was only Thistle and Ragnar's pup who surprised her with a visit. Confident no one else had come, she relaxed. She was familiar with Gyda, having cared for her as a pup, and didn't feel threatened by her. However, the young wolf should realize it wasn't always safe go into a den with newborn pups, no matter the familiarity with the parents. She ducked inside the den, entering slowly to allow her eyes to adjust to the darkness. Gyda came into view, as did the other pups. Gyda, she said, You know I would always welcome your visits, but you should be careful coming into a den with a new Mom and pups, she said softly, attempting to nuzzle the her, letting her know she wasn't mad. You were this small once, she commented to the older pup.

105 Posts
Ooc —
When Julooke vacated the den, leaving the four pups momentarily unattended (admittedly not an abnormal occurrence), Kevlyn scarcely noticed. He was hard-wired to keep quiet when abnormalities did happen. For now, he kept up his racket, pushing against his sleeping sibling with insistent paws and making no progress.

Something quickly changed, though. Kevlyn had a very well organized catalogue in his subconscious of the scents he had encountered, with particularly positive feedback to Julooke's scent, and although his senses were limited and his nose was stuffy, he knew this one was not familiar. His instincts kicked in immediately and he went still and limp, stuffing his loud whines back where they'd come from. In essence, he was "hiding".

He was doing a piss poor job of it, though, because the unfamiliar thing touched him. All defenses were broken as Kevlyn let out a loud, frightened wail and struggled against the unseen force. He was so wrapped up in his terror and upset that he didn't notice Julooke's scent filling the den once more, nor sense the timbre of his mother's voice in his bones. He simply wailed and wailed.
with fire in her veins
262 Posts
Ooc — torvi
I am very very sorry for my absence I ended but very sick, if you want to faze out their thread and start I new one we can, I think Jalooke wants us to use her and and NPC for right now

Gyda grinned at Jalooke unaware of her social faux pas. Sorry but he was crying so loud I wanted to help, I can be a good babysitter like you were

Gyda withdrew from the little pup though when his crying started anew now completely at a loss of what to do with him. Jalooke's nuzzle gave her courage and she tried to give the tiny thing a lick and comforting nuzzle perhaps with Jalooke's presence he would settle and she could invest age properly what exactly he was. she had never seen a babe before and though he was her first he was going to be far from the last.
and armor underneath her skin
who crushes the world beneath her feet
105 Posts
Ooc —
Fading as you mentioned! He's older now so they can thread. :D

Kevlyn didn't settle down when Gyda nudged him. In fact, being the little whiner that he was, he cried louder. He cried so loud that he soiled himself and didn't notice. It wasn't until Julooke scooped him into her embrace and suggested that Gyda come back another time that he finally calmed down.

No doubt his mother hoped that Gyda didn't take it personally. Kevlyn, however, hoped for nothing but the sweet milk of his mother, which was given quickly, and a nice long nap. Soon he forgot that they'd even had company and, sadly, he would never have the chance to feel bad about being so mean to them.