Ouroboros Spine [Moose Herding Quest?]
Why should I apologize for the monster I've become? No one ever apologized for making me this way.
361 Posts
Ooc — Danni
@Mordecai maybe you and I could do this one if it isn't already being done.

Sitri shuffled along quietly and to his own beat. He stayed away from most of the pack now a days. Not knowing most of them anymore, and those he did know had been gone for a long time coming. It saddened him, he hadn't even seen the one wolf that actually gave a shit about him, she was missing too. He sighed and hung his large head. Climbing an outcropping, he stood and looked down over the spine studying the area.

He watched as some Moose lazed nearby, softly grazing at the grass. With red eyed gleam he looked them over, noticing that many were fat, but they would be leaving soon. As he stood there he studied the rock formations around and he smiled as he saw a large boulder in the one area. They could push that down in there and then shove sticks and branches and logs in there couldn't they? Keep them in the spine area, so they would have a large amount of meat the rest of winter.

He could not think of any wolves to help him other than one so he lifted his muzzle to the sky and howled for Mordecai and perhaps the female that he now owed his allegiance too @Ptarmigan
188 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
This is in timeline limbo because I'm not sure what's going to happen in the rally, but this technically happens after the fact. I'm going to pretend Ptarmigan knows who Sitri is and dislikes him based on what he says in the rally, but I'm also going to pretend she doesn't die in the rally, so this is outside timelines.

Ptarmigan rolled to the left, coating her entire body in sticky mud. It was a nice way to cool down on what was the most unseasonably hot day she'd experienced in a while. Tensions were high in the Spine and productivity was nil, not that the Endore gave a rat's ass about that. She had no reason to care if any of these wolves died or not, and while she waited for all of them to pass away from their own foolish disregard for natural order, she would sit pretty atop them all.

Given her current attitude about the attitudes of the Spine wolves, it was no wonder she took her sweet time hauling herself out of the mud when a curt summons pierced the ancient forest with her name written all over it. It wasn't an exclusive summons, and she almost hoped as she slowly made her way toward its source that whoever else would be attending had already arrived and she would get there to find they had left.

No such luck for her. She picked her way up to the level Sitri was on, only to find him standing there. Great, she sarcastically thought to herself with a grimace, this idiot. “Yeah?” she asked, barely masking an exaggerated roll of her eyes. His words at the rally had been disorganized and contradictory at best, but that didn't mean she didn't detest him for speaking down to her, the Alpha.
Why should I apologize for the monster I've become? No one ever apologized for making me this way.
361 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sitri wrinkled his nose in distaste as a mud monster came near him. He had rolled in mud before, but this mud was foul, at least to him anyway. He shrugged then and then motioned towards the many moose that milled around below them. Moose they will be leaving soon.

he grew quiet organizing his thoughts so he didn't sound so incredibly barbaric. That right there is why no one likes you. You are nasty. Just saying, no offense meant. he didn't say anything else about that, but continued looking down.

Then he spoke again, They will be leaving soon, but if we found away to leverage that large boulder there. It would block their path off and they would have ot go around they will lose at least 3 days of time? He grew quiet then and turned red eyes towards her waiting for her answer.
188 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
She reflected quietly on the male's manner when he indicated the moose below. Despite his odd way of speaking, he had a good point about the moose leaving. The Spine seemed to contain a great deal of moose, and losing them in the winter would impact them negatively.

She might have agreed with his plan, and agreed that it was needed. She might have worked together with him, built a rapport with him, shown a smidge of her true personality. They might have discovered something about one another.

Unfortunately, Sitri opened his big mouth instead.

She was flabbergasted momentarily. Yes, her fur was covered in drying mud, and she wasn't tertibly cleanly, but she hadn't said anything rude to him. She had kept the roll of her eyes to herself. The transformation in demeanour was sudden, and nothing he said past that point was heard. Her lips wrinkled back, her muzzle crinkled, and her ears shot dominantly up.

“Don't you dare speak to me that way,” she snarled, advancing dominantly on him with head thrust high and her hackles bristling. Assuming he submitted appropriately, she would gruffly tell him, “I'm tired of your undue rude comments. What's your problem?”

Potentially before he could even respond, Ptarmigan made a decision. “You will learn some humility in your new station as Omega. I won't tolerate your crap and neither should anyone else.” She glanced down at the moose and snorted. “Find someone else to help you. I'm not dealing with such a jerk.” As quick as that, she whirled away and began to depart.
361 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Haha i misread your post...oh well let's just roll with it :D

Sitri laid his ear's back to his skull as she started yelling and averted his eyes. He had not meant any harm. He had just been trying to help her understand that they did not like her, because she was not kind. He had not meant the mud at all, though now that he thought of it. One could certainly interpret it as such, and it did come off rather rudely. He sighed, but didn't move though he did keep his eyes away and his ears tight to his head. He wasn't about to submit completely, because he just wasn't, but he would give her enough respect to keep out of trouble.

It was all for naught anyway as she lowered his station and he spoke softly so everyone else can speak to you in such a way and keep their stations but I cannot? Kaname? Cara? Mordecai? I meant no offense, I was merely trying to help you see why everyone dislikes you, and I did not mean the mud. I meant your...uh....mannerisms. he spoke their names softly and without irritation, but it was true. They all could argue and bad mouth her, Kaname had agreed with him at the rally, yet he was the one getting the shit storm for it. Very well Sitri will figure it out on his own. And he grew quiet and turned his eyes back to the boulder and tried to figure out a way to lever it so that it would hit the crevice just right.
188 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
An indescribable fury seized Ptarmigan when he dared speak to her again, this time spouting out nonsense, as far as she was concerned. Where he was pulling his assumptions from, she was unsure. Kaname had not spoken to her so rudely, nor had Cara, nor Mordecai, not until the rally. She had allowed all of them to keep their stations despite their total disrespect at her pack rally, because Mordecai's soft interjections had kept her from throwing the lot of them out on their asses, but she'd also made it plain that she wouldn't tolerate another lick of attitude from any of them, yet here he was, acting like it was the most baffling thing in the world.

“Are you stupid?” she asked, whirling around with her hackles prickled haughtily and her ears thrust aggressively forward. Everything about her screamed pissed off Alpha, minus her lack of experience in the position. “I didn't say or do anything to you, you ignorant dog, and you dare insult me for no reason?” How he could possibly have meant no offense was entirely beyond her. Ptarmigan almost screamed, "who the fuck insults someone without meaning to," but her tongue wrapped itself tightly around the words and kept them down. The moose below were shifting uneasily, no doubt roused by the snapping of the female wolf above them, but she didn't care anymore. The moose could leave, and they could all starve.

“I'm done with your crap, and theirs. I made that pretty damn clear. One more disrespectful word out of you and I'll kill you, too.” And she stood there, staring him down with furious eyes. Despite being a complete jackass not seconds earlier, and despite her giving him the lowest rank in the entire pack and doing him a favour by not throwing him out on the cusp of autumn, he hadn't dropped his head satisfactorily, and anger surged through her breast once more. Suddenly she was moving forward, toward him, and stretching out her opened jaws toward his snout.

“Submit,” she demanded in a curdled growl, “NOW!”
361 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Wow i'm a little sidelined...I just cannot even...i don't know what has happened to him....well he wrote himself.

Sitri froze when she whirled at him and then something broke in the scarred slave's chest and he growled savagely right back. He was tired of his station, he was tired of being called stupid and worthless and a piece of shit, when he was the most loyal of them all. He had been there since the beginning, he had stood by the sickness of Jinx and the death, he had stood by Lecter's death and he had taken her leadership without a word, yet here she was yelling and screaming at him and he lost it. Any sense he had went out the window.

He surged forward to meet her jaw agape and teeth frighteningly white and luminescent. I am not Stupid! I am no dog, and I am the most loyal. But Sitri has had enough! He used his larger weight to shove at her and he snapped at her face, her shoulders her throat where ever he could reach, he was tired and sick of being treated lower than vermin, the slave rebelled and it was glorious and for a moment he was flying high on the adrenaline rush.

The voices were screaming in his head Kill kill Over and over again until it was all he could hear and everything else was drowned out in the roar. He could not hear her growls or her snarls or her words. He had lived, and he had been the living dead for all his life, so if she would kill him now, she would be doing him a favor and that is why he threw himself at the fray no holes barred, furious and crazy.
188 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
What came to him, he deserved, for at the very moment he opened his mouth, Ptarmigan threw herself at him.

It was true she was a terrible fighter, and had no business challenging larger wolves than herself. In that moment, however, she had given him one last warning and he had pushed her. He had insulted her without cause and continued to do, and it was the last straw for her. She may have done a lot of things, but she had done nothing to deserve the treatment she got, at least in her own mind, and she wasn't putting up with it any more.

She slammed into him, her smaller body light against his own, and adopted the same nimble tactics she'd used against Cara. She'd killed one Alpha and unseated another, and was overly confident about her chances here. His blows rained down on her, but she was smaller and had that advantage—reaching her vital spots would be incredibly difficult for him. She arched her own snout quickly up, slashing with furious fangs for something tender to rip from his body in the same instant his teeth raked across the top of her head.
361 Posts
Ooc — Danni
(Attack - 3) Shoving this in here just in case you want to use it, but i'm good with T1 style too i am actually terrible at sparring pits

Sitri felt her body collide with his own, but he was far to fueled on adrenaline to feel it completely though it did make him stumble slightly. Her teeth had grasped his muzzle, but he ripped up with a furious motion, not even caring if he pulled chunks of his own flesh out. That was one advantage he had, he was far too crazy to care of the pain he sustained. And he proved it as a bubbling laugh pushed forth from his maw, a laugh full of evil glee. It could be safely said that the male had finally lost any semblance of sanity at least in this moment in time.

She had made him stumble, but he righted himself however as best he could. He was still slightly unbalanced, but he caught his footing. And snapped again at her muzzle, fighting hard to grasp it between his own teeth to push her down a move that had been done to him numerous times. He swiped out a paw to try and make her stumble to gain some ground, as she had killed his momentum. The growls that rent the air were savage and feral and guttural. She was smaller than him, so he would just have to rain blows upon her until she was not moving.
188 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
The taste of blood on her tongue fuelled her rage even as her own blood dripped steadily down from the gashes he'd left in her scalp. He reached out his snout to grasp her own and she deftly blocked him by ramming her whole body forward, shoving him as best she could with her minute bulk. She had learned from her encounter with Cara how to avoid having her snout grabbed, and there was much more at stake here. One of them would live and one of them would die.

She tucked her head, looking for an opening and striking in the same instant. He had lifted a paw off the ground, imbalancing himself however much he wanted to think he was grounded, and she shoved forward again, using her narrow chest as a battering ram while snapping the air between them in a vicious warning. To push him down the mountainside would make it seem like a convenient accident, and that was the ideal outcome.
361 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sitri felt the fiery hot liquid of his own blood slide down his muzzle and drip onto the ground. Her line of attack knocked him back a few steps and his paw hung over the edge for a minute and he fought for footing. Finally catching it he surged forward and snapped his teeth at her head again and the back of her neck.

He fought to get himself turned so that his backside was not near the edge anymore. Sitri was not afraid of death, no he was not. He would accept that with open arms and fight hard to keep his life, but if it was to be forfeited it was forfeit. He held tight to whatever his teeth could grasp and jerked his jaw upwards to pull something free if he could.

[size=xx-small]For reference....roll next post? Roll 1 = miss, roll 2-4 = light hit, 5-7 = medium hit, 8 = heavy hit?[/size]
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
HI KIDS BUTTING IN PARDON BATTERING RAM

He had been slow to answer the call, but when he stumbled upon the scene, it was safe to say that he wished he hadn't come trailing behind. The pair of wolves danced in a vicious blur and for several moments, Mordecai watched the fray as a bystander before something kicked in a response. Of all the conflicts that had occurred between Ptarmigan and the wolves of the Spine, none of them had moved to retaliate physically. There had been plenty of verbal spats between them all, and where he had hoped things would get better they quickly took a downhill swipe in the worst way.

Charging forward, disregarding the fact that the two stood the sloping recesses of the Spine, he threw himself into the pair. Head tucked low, the tawny Ostrega was in a full on attempt to use his front half as a wedge to get them to back off from one another. That was of course assuming that they would separate long enough to give him the opportunity. If not, he was on a collision course with the pair, not wanting to spare either from his blow to knock them apart. If worst came to worst and he missed, he was liable to be the one who went rolling down the slope from them, wasting time and risking injury. Whatever had pushed the pair over the edge was enough for him to know that they would not be deterred easily.
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
188 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie

The male surged forward, thrusting her back a step with his weight before pressing the full weight of his snout down on her nape. The Alpha female snarled then, squaring her shoulders and doing her best to keep her footing as he pulled painfully up on her. He was the larger of the two and, for the moment, had the upper hand.

But then something intervened, shoving between the two and pushing Ptarmigan back. She spared no thought for the intervention, didn't even stop to see who it was. She rushed Sitri once more, aiming this time to get one of his thick legs between her jaws so she could crush the bone within it and render him useless.
361 Posts
Ooc — Danni

Sitri continued to growl deep within his throat. He had caught her nape, and he held her fast within his grasp, perhaps he could render her useless, make her stop. He dug his teeth in harder and before he could continue and take a chunk of her with him, he was pushed aside. Snarling, his teeth closed together with a click and he was pushed backwards. Not paying attention to who it was or why they did it her surged forward again.

Ptarmigan went for his leg and he growled and shifted his weight so that she could not get to it. He would be useless without his legs, though he would have still had 3 good legs. He snapped his teeth at the side of her head trying to catch a blow to her while she surged past his leg. He attempted to crush his muzzle down to the back of her neck hoping to knock her to her knees. Use his superior weight to bull rush her to the ground.
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku

Sourly enough, Mordecai's intervention did little to separate them. He felt rake through his coat, felt the sting of a snag, but short of giving them a brief interlude he found himself skidding to a stop. Huffing, hackles bristled and a growl boiling deep in his throat, he turned around to catch the sight of Ptarmigan going for Sitri's legs, and his response of trying to steer clear of her jaws.

He began moving once more towards the fray, but this time without the battering ram technique. As Sitri moved to bowl Ptarmigan over, he moved to knock Sitri off his axis, hoping that in the event he were successful he would be able to stave Ptarmigan off from whatever malicious intent she had to tear Sitri, and himself, apart.
188 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie

He managed to get his leg out of the way just in time, and crushed his weight down on her again. The bitch may have been small, but she was quick and slippery, and immediately began to writhe in his grasp, such that he could hold on only momentarily before she managed to free herself, leaving a clump of fur behind in the process.

She regained her feet immediately in time to see Mordecai charging back in. She snarled, the hot sting of betrayal lancing through her until she realized where he was headed. He aimed for Sitri, and Ptarmigan felt renewed. Finally, somebody understood how much of a victim she was in this hateful pack, and was sticking up for her. Misinterpreting Mordecai's involvement, the female made another headlong charge at Sitri, with jaws wide open hoping to catch him right in the side of the neck.
361 Posts
Ooc — Danni

Sitri snarled as Mordecai came at him knocked him back a few steps. Luckily him making him back up caused the queen to miss, though not for long did it keep her down. Before he could fully go after Mordecai for attacking him, at least that is what he thought he saw the queen b, coming at him. He back pedaled, and snapped at her face hoping to grasp her muzzle or her eye or something vital so that he could gain an upper hand again. His size was proving to be a blessing as was her's though so it was a hard battle to win.

He dug paws deep into the ground, hoping ot keep his footing if Mordecai came after him again. His red eyes flashed murder at the queen and he was out for blood. All the abuse and hate that had been spewed towards him all his life he saw before him unfurling and turning into the means for his attacks.
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
Sitri ended up being more solid than Mordecai could have ever hoped. Their collision became more of a tangle, but he did not topple the scarred beast like he wanted to. If there had only been more power behind it, he thought, he might have had more of a chance to take him down. But then there was the matter of Ptarmigan, who came soaring in and fended Sitri off even more. His backpedaling made Mordecai change tactics, and he moved to separate the two again with a snarl, words failing him in the process.

Gold eyes locked onto the silvering figure of Ptarmigan as Mordecai made the attempt to step in front of her, hoping to reason with her by blocking her path. But it left his back exposed to Sitri, who was considerably out for blood, and as he moved to try and go between them again quickly, he threw posturing and snapping in their directions. A perhaps futile effort to try and disrupt their fight even more, a violent command to get them to stop.
188 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
He was snapping at her again, and this time, she threw her weight backward, narrowly avoiding losing an eye to his wrath. Instead, he raked her snout, leaving a deep and painful gouge along the sensitive bridge. She snarled, but before she could retaliate, Mordecai had come between them and snarled viciously at them both.

She stopped, if only momentarily. She had already made the decision to be rid of Sitri by any means necessary, and it was his choice whether he left with breath in his lungs or not. “Get the fuck out or die,” she said, pinning Sitri with a heated glare. No matter what he chose, it was the end of his time in the Spine as far as she was concerned, and Mordecai's intervention be damned.
361 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sitri was stopped momentarily in his tracks and he almost gave mordecai a glancing blow to the back, curbing his teeth in time. He stared at Ptarmigan and then Mordecai and he snarled at them both, but kept to himself. He looked Ptarmigan in the eyes and spoke with a guttural growl I'm leaving your pack only because I can't kill you with Mordecai in my way. But listen to me Queen Ptarmigan if I see you again I'll rip out your throat and dance on your grave. As a matter of fact I plan on it, so watch yourself.

Then without a backward glance the hulking slave turned and loped towards the open land and away from the Spine, he did not have time for goodbyes and he really didn't care. They could find him if they wanted, because he didn't plan on going far. As far as he was concerned he and the she bitch still had a score to settle and he would settle it, even if it meant his death.
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
This time, he had managed to be successful in getting them apart. With Sitri left to stir behind him, Ptarmigan hissed venom in his face. Mordecai dampened the growl that rumbled deep in him, slicking his ears back in mute deference to the raw power she exhibited. He knew that Ptarmigan was certainly a firecracker, but she could try and hold her own that much was for certain. For that, he stood ahead of her defensively, uncertain of the outcome. “Stop this,” he hissed to her, surprised at his own collective calm.

But as it were, his being a nuisance had brought their fighting to a stop. Behind him he heard Sitri's voice raise with resolve. Mordecai didn't dare turn away from Ptarmigan as close as she was to him, but turned an ear to hear his firm voice. This time, within the anger, the message from the scarred creature was very clear. The next thing he heard was the shuffle of his feet making haste away from them both, leaving him alone with the ire of the leader.
188 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Ptarmigan wouldn't let him threaten her like that sooo... Gonna just assume she got around Mordecai and is planning to kill him or die.

She was still only long enough for Sitri to threaten her. Her hackles flared to life again and, despite Mordecai's hissed warning, she turned her teeth to him. “Back off,” she returned hotly, just quietly enough for him to hear, “this cur has insulted me without cause and has threatened me. He wants to die, so be it.”

She thundered past him, filled with the arrogance that having beaten Cara had instilled in her. Sitri was moving quickly, but she moved faster, throwing herself at the wretched dog's behind with every intent on dragging him down the mountainside.
361 Posts
Ooc — Danni

[size=x-small]*I have to go to bed my children will be up at the crack of dawn like always. Enjoying this thread :) Talk to you all tomorrow*[/size]

Sitri heard the thundering of paws and turned broadside, she was far too nimble for him to get turned completely around. He shifted his weight and tried to snap at her face again as that was the only part he could quickly reach as she lumbered towards him.

He dug his paws deep into the ground as she was intent to push him down the mountainside. The snarl was heavy within his chest as he tried to snap at her, not sure if his blows would land or not. He would have to shift quickly though if he wanted to best her. Broadside was not an ideal position to be in.
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
I didn't think Ptarmigan would let the fight end, that's why I kind left my post open ended since I didn't know if she'd start taking it out on Mordecai or not, lmao. If either of you guys want to have a piece of him, feel free to throttle him for being a nuisance! Roll for late action: 2

“Ptarmigan!” His call followed after her as she barreled part him. Mordecai idled for perhaps too long, debating whether or not he could stop her. Huffing angrily to himself, he gave her chase. Despite the pace he could maintain, she was much faster and he found himself trailing after her through the woodland that cropped up from their clearing. Her figure bounded into view just as quickly as it left him, but he managed to keep up his pursuit.

By the time he had found the pair again, Sitri had stopped to meet her. She had closed on him, leaving Mordecai too far away to do anything. He pushed himself forward, almost tripping over the ground cover as his legs stretched to their limit. Once more, he tried to wedge himself between the quarreling pair, if he could get the chance. Knowing the risks and repercussions of what he was doing, he only hoped he could gain the interlude he had foolishly squandered earlier.
188 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
8 — This one is for her attempt to bite Sitri. I'll leave her snap at Mordecai as T1.

He turned, but too slowly to do too much about it. She slammed into him again, proving again that she had no idea how to use her body advantageously, but relishing the contact nevertheless. Her eyes burned hatefully as they met his in a brief moment, but there was no reasoning that could stop this now. His insults burned in her mind, reminding her that if she didn't shut him up for good, she would never sleep again.

She lashed out fiercely, trying once more to get a firm hold on the side of his neck so she could end his life. Whether or not she caught the flesh there was unsure, for they were jostled again, and the Alpha's patience with intervention frayed entirely. She turned, aiming a disciplinary snap at Mordecai's face with the intent of warning him away from the fray.

She didn't know what he hoped to accomplish here. Sitri would never be allowed to persist in the Spine, and he had directly threatened her life. Why he should try to stop her still was beyond her—possibly he saw what she didn't. Blood flowed freely from her deep wounds, mixing with the mud already there. If she continued much longer, no doubt she would die of blood loss, but she didn't feel the effects.