Ravensblood Forest Work
190 Posts
Ooc — The System
All Welcome 
Tagging for trade threads, you don't have to join! setting; early morning, misty, overcast

The morning dawned, cold and gray, with thick mist enveloping the giant sequoias. It was a slightly eerie sight, but the Vicera enjoyed it. She left her den, murmuring to @Avery Cruor, "I'm going on patrol, you're welcome to join me." She had always been a workaholic, and nothing was going to stop her, not even her pregnancy. She was halfway along by this point - she was clearly showing, with a distinct bump to her belly, and slightly swollen teats to match. Lorelai was even farther along - she wondered how the girl was doing in Sapphique. The Vicera sighed heavily, then took a deep breath. She made her way from the caverns, heading for their northern border. She called for @Azarov, letting him know of her route, should he wish to join her.
Physical Health (100/100)

Mental Health (100/100)

32 Posts
Ooc —

Recently awoken, a small stretch took place before an abrupt howl stole away an attentive man's attention. The Vicera had called for him.

It was a call of awareness, as it was soon learnt. Violante would patrol this morning.

Given there was little to do by his lonesome, Azarov chuffed towards the offer, deciding to take it.

A short time had passed before the shadowed man caught up, briskly falling in step beside the dark woman. 

You take well to the morning. The fact was noted aloud. Not many cared for the early hours.

190 Posts
Ooc — The System
The sound of approaching footfalls reached her ear, and Violante glanced back to see Azarov falling into step beside her. She offered him a smile and a dip of her head, then replied, "Avery says I work too much." She snorted softly, but it was an amused sound, and she added, "He's probably right. I'd run from dawn till dusk if I could." Violante winced, then, as a round of cramps came. She paused in her patrol, taking in a sharp breath. They didn't dissipate as she had hoped, so she merely ground her teeth together and started walking once more. Trying to ignore the pain, she asked her Sentinel, "How have you been?"

Mental Health (100/100)

32 Posts
Ooc —

Was there even such a thing as "working too hard"? Azarov didn't agree. He would not voice this, though. 

Walking without eyes, the shadowed man had nearly not seen the Vicera halt. An audible scuffle was woke it woke his attention. There was angst and concern within, but as a soldier, odami soja knew better than to move closer to offer comfort. This was not his place.

Violante began to continue, proceeding to speak and question his well-being. She had made it known that she wished for the scene to go unnoticed; in turn, he would behave as she had silently requested.

I have fared well, He grumbled in reply, speaking rather hesitantly. Heavy eyes occasionally loomed upon her.

190 Posts
Ooc — The System
The Vicera did not miss her Sentinel's hesitation, and she smiled wryly, telling him, "Don't worry about me if that's what you're doing. I'm pregnant, and in another month, it'll be over." Well, in some ways, the end was truly the beginning, and Violante paused to mark. When she moved on, she began losing herself to her thoughts - she'd never dreamed she'd be a mother. She had never thought she'd one day have her own pack. No, she thought that she'd be stuck with Vex for the rest of her days. Violante sighed softly, then shook her head. Amused, she told Azarov, "I never thought I'd have my own family."

Mental Health (100/100)

32 Posts
Ooc —

A family? He questioned silently.

Such a thought had never crossed the shadow man's mind. He had none; plus, who was there to make family with? 

You will do well as mother. Azarov knew this was true, for he knew how she treated those of Sacrarium: as if they were her own blood.

190 Posts
Ooc — The System
Violante smiled slightly, then said, "I certainly hope I will. It was just my father growing up, and he was a... complicated man," she snorted, then sighed. She was trying to put it behind them, but it was easier said than done. "What about you? What do you want out of life?"

Mental Health (100/100)

32 Posts
Ooc —

"It was just my father growing up, and he was a... complicated man."

So the two shared something in common.

I've had my share of complications. He too had difficulties with his father growing up, but he wouldn't share specifics. No need to dim the light over the pair. This was meant to be a bonding experience, not a depressing one.

"What about you? What do you want out of life?" A peculiar question; but one with a simple answer.

To serve. No wolf has true life without purpose. This is my life... here is my life. The same as it has always been. What else could I want?

190 Posts
Ooc — The System
Azarov was easy to talk to - nothing was complicated. Privately, she could see the shadow man going far within the pack - already, she trusted him, saw him as family. It would take some time, of course, but with new life coming soon, she would need him. Violante smiled at his words, then she told him warmly, "I am glad you're with us, Azarov. But... if, eventually, you want more... just let me know." They had made it to their northern border, and she marked again, gazing off into the coastline in the distance.

Mental Health (100/100)

32 Posts
Ooc —

The reassurance that his presence was appreciated really did relieve him. It was always good to know that he meant something.

More? What more could he have wanted? What more was there to be given?

More? Azarov let his wandering thoughts to be heard.

What more was she referring to?

190 Posts
Ooc — The System
Violante smiled softly, saying, "If you ever meet someone and you want to start your own family, or... if you want a different job. Just... if you find yourself wanting, let me know." He had taken care of them, so she would do the same. She gave him a sidelong glance, then offered a change of subject. "How goes your training?"

Mental Health (100/100)

32 Posts
Ooc —

So sorry for the long wait! School and work have kept me quite busy!

A family? A different job? Why should he need either? He was perfectly fine where he was... for the time being, anyway.

Instead of speak, Azarov would only nod in acknowledgement to the offer.

Next, "How goes your training?"

Little time to train, The dark wolf shook his head. He really hadn't had the time, nor a partner to train with. Sparring partners lack... other than your husband. Avery had been mentioned briefly, given that the thought of their recent spar had crossed his mind.
190 Posts
Ooc — The System
No worries at all! This seems a good place to end.

Violante chuckled, then sighed, telling Azarov, "Once my pups are born, I'll be able to train again." Thus far, she'd had to make do with just patrolling as her main form of exercise. For now, she was content with their patrol; Sacrarium had been fortunate, and had seen no trespassers thus far. She only hoped it remained that way. "Thank you for patrolling with me. Let's head back for now." Violante would turn, then, to lead the way.

Mental Health (100/100)