Blackbeak Bluff nothin crazy bout me
149 Posts
Ooc — Iris
All Welcome 
There was a newfound love in Sphyra for the ocean lands. She'd enjoyed taking in all the sceneries at the beach and playing in the salty waters at the Sound. Now she headed west, and she found herself climbing a large hill. When she looked to her right, suddenly the shoreline was gone and the hill seemed to be cut in half, with a steep drop into the ocean. Sphyra was pretty sure she wouldn't be able to navigate those bluffs, at least...

Sphyra stood and watched the drop for a moment, fearlessly, all the while ignoring the scenic sunset going on above the distant horizon.
38 Posts
Ooc — Y2K9
HELLO I am so sorry I thought I replied to this already ToT

Hermes rarely went beyond the borders of Sapphique. Try as he might, he could not remember the last time he’d left other than the time he chased Dionysus down in the taiga. Now he was out here alone without the task of watching over his little brother.
He hadn’t come out here without reason though. The boy set out for the sound. His patrolling skills were very much needed there now with intruders loitering on it. 
He was a lousy scout thought. Somehow he traveled right past the little beach and into the bluffs beside it. And it was there he found a girl teetering on an edge.
You shouldn’t be standin’ so close like that, he called. He swallowed his breath. You could fall.
149 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Someone's voice startled Sphyra, and she spun around quickly. As soon as she saw it was just someone else her age, she quickly smoothed her fur again and lifted her head proudly. She grinned as his words sunk in, and said, That's part of the fun. Wouldn't be all that interesting staring down into a tiny pond, would it? She tried to smell where he was from, but couldn't make much of his scent because the salty ocean scent was so overpowering for her, new as it was.
38 Posts
Ooc — Y2K9
Her argument was nothing less than insane.
No actually, it isn’t! He frowned and took another cautious step forward. There’s nothing fun about the possibility of falling to your death. Seriously, you should back up.
149 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Sphyra rolled her eyes as she stepped towards the buzzkill. Thanks, mom, she said sarcastically, though there was a big grin on her face that suggested she wasn't mad. Sphyra stepped a bit further away from the edge, towards the guy, and said, So... Were you born a big ole' boring nerd, or did life make you that way? The grin remained on her face, a playful and challenging expression in her eyes as she pressed some buttons and waited to see if they were the right ones.
38 Posts
Ooc — Y2K9
He was unaware that his attitude had sucked whatever thrill the girl got from the situation. He simply saw it as a good word of caution, nothing more. So the sarcasm took him by surprise, as well as the insult. 
I’m - I’m not a nerd! His ears fell back and he could feel heat rush into his cheeks. I actually saw someone fall from cliffs like this!
That wasn’t something he’d normally blurt out, especially to a stranger. But he felt the need to tell her. Maybe then she wouldn’t see him as a boring nerd.
149 Posts
Ooc — Iris
It gave Sphyra a rush to see that he was hit by her insults; the surprise that passed his face was priceless to her. She wondered if he would fight back verbally, but instead he just defended himself. Typical nerd behaviour, of course, so she hadn't expected too much more from him.

She opened her mouth to utter a challenge, but before the words could come out, the nerd admitted to seeing someone fall from these cliffs. Sphyra fell silent for a moment. Wow, really? She could scarcely believe that anyone would be dumb enough to get so close to the edge that they'd fall off, honestly. She tried to imagine what it must look like, but couldn't even come up with that in her own mind. It must've been pretty horrifying to see something like that (though she'd not admit thinking that to Mr. Nerd, of course).

So you're not a nerd, huh? Sphyra then said, a challenging glint in her eyes and smile. Prove it. She stepped away from the cliffs a little, finally soothing the nerd's worries over her looking over the edge, and glanced out towards their edge. She wasn't gonna tell him what he could do to not be a nerd literally, but she was sure he had some ideas.