Blacktail Deer Plateau she put a hex on you
812 Posts
Ooc —
It had been several days since Junior had last spotted her reflection in a pool of still water. Since then, she had tried to cram as much meat down her throat as she could possibly manage and she had also spent two hours one afternoon fussing over her pelt. Despite these efforts, she had avoided her reflection like the plague. Only now did she feel brave enough to face her image and see if she'd made improvements.

Junior was met with disappointment. Her muzzle looked too long and what the hell was that thing on her lower lip? She leaned closer, squinting. It was a sore of some sort. Embarrassed, she pulled back and frowned, then focused on the body parts below her neck. Her fur looked a bit more smooth and glossy, yet it still draped over her lack of curves like shrunken leather. She looked slightly less bony, though there wasn't a curve in sight; she was all sharp angles. If anything, she felt even uglier than before.

Angrily, Junior smacked the water with a paw and turned away, trotting through the forest and fighting tears. She couldn't help but compare herself to her sisters and berate herself for not being as pretty as them. They were lean too, yet curvy all the same, more willowy than gangly. At least, that's how Junior thought of them and why she inwardly berated her own homely, lanky build.

Thinking about Ty made Junior realize she still hadn't seen any sign of her sister since their fight. She stopped abruptly, staring thoughtfully into the distance. I bet she went to see mom... or maybe dad... she thought, biting her lip and unknowingly worsening the blister there.
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow sat staring silently off into space. Atticus was gone, had been missing for a few days now. She wanted to find him, but truth of the matter was she didn't have the time. Winter was coming quickly and the pack was still in such chaotic upheaval that she wasn't sure if she could leave for a few days to hunt him down. Their ranks were thinning and those here, they deserved her attentions and her expertise.

Really he was an adult, she knew this, and yea he had some brain issues, but the simple fact of the matter was that he still had most or all of his faculties. So he could leave if he had a mind too, and clearly he had. She just worried that he was off spacy and distant somewhere where there was no one to care for him. It dug into her heart like a knife and if she could see her insides there would probably be blood. She sighed and bowed her large head and wanted to cry. First Peregrine had left her, and now Atticus too. She would probably have to make a trip to the Caldera.
812 Posts
Ooc —
Her glazed eyes came to a focus when a familiar silhouette passed through her line of vision. Although her recent self-consciousness made her want to shy away from socializing with others, it seemingly didn't apply to her Aunt Willow, for the juvenile sprang in her direction with a cry of, "Hey, Aunt Willow!"

When she reached the medic, she dug her paws into the ground and bumped the Beta female's chin. Blue Willow still looked tired and downtrodden. The juvenile frowned as she folded herself to her haunches. Junior suddenly felt bad for not even getting started on her supply kit project. Surely that would've made her aunt smile...

Unaware that she was hitting Blue Willow right in her sweet spot — she (incorrectly) assumed the woman was still down about her father's departure — the youth suddenly blurted, "So, I haven't visited Uncle Atti since I got back and I feel like kind of a dick about it. It just... I sometimes feel weird around him. I don't know what to do with myself, you know?" she asked softly, unaware that Atticus has long since shaken off his coma.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue looked up and shaking her head she smiled at the exuberance of Junior. Hello Junior. I'll tell you, you lend me some of your energy. She chuckled the youth and nuzzled the side of her face in hello. Down in the dumps and sad, she still could not help but smile at the other she wolf. She loved her dearly, her niece.

Blue frowned at the mention of Atticus and then sighed. Firstly your uncle Atti was no longer in the coma. But now I can't find him. I have not seen him for a few days, and winter is coming quickly. We cannot spare the wolfpower to go look for him. Another soft sigh left her maw. I'm going to have to go tell your father.
812 Posts
Ooc —
The news about his injury was met with surprised delight, though Junior's face lit up for only two seconds before the next bit of news blew the wind right out of her sails. Her brow furrowed. Little did she know how homely she looked, what with the angry blister on her mouth. What did looks matter right now, though?

"Do you think he went there? To the caldera, I mean? I mean, we've all sort of taken turns going there to rip them new assholes..." she mused, her teeth flashing in a very short-lived impish smile before Junior's face fell again. "Isn't there anything I can do to help? I'm an Outrider, after all. I could go looking for him." She paused for a breath, then somewhat reluctantly added, "And if I don't find him, I can go to the caldera to tell my dad the news for you."

If Atticus did not turn up, Blue Willow would have a good deal of heartache on her plate, Junior knew, so she shouldn't have to worry about breaking the news to Peregrine. Feeling a sudden rush of sympathy for the Healer, Junior pressed her muzzle against the side of Blue Willow's svelte neck.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue did notice the small blister, but she didn't say anything. She may say something later, but she didn't want to crush the girl. She herself knew of the teenage angst to look good. Even if she didn't have sisters or teenage friends, Blue herself had fought with self image issues. You wanted to look good, you did.

Blue shook her head No I think he would have told me. I don't know though he may not have. Blue listened and wandered how to answer. She supposed Junior could look for him, but she didn't want her to find him potentially dead. That could not be good for her psyche. No I'll tell you father. I was supposed to take care of Atticus. I'm the one who didn't do a good job, so that is a job that will lie with me. But you can certainly go look for him. I would appreciate it.

Blue leaned into the gentle touch and whined softly. She would have a lot of heartache, but she was fairly certain she would get through it. She would be changed in some ways, but she would get through it.
812 Posts
Ooc —
Blue Willow raised a good point: if he had gone anywhere of his own volition, surely he would have told the apple of his eye? Junior frowned, unsure what to say. Her eyes flashed and she began shaking her head when the medic took responsibility for Atticus.

"If he came out of it, then it wasn't your job to look after him anymore, right? I mean, we all look out for each other, but... when I left, it was my decision. Maybe he did that. Maybe he just decided to go. If he didn't tell you, I doubt he said anything to anyone else, which is terrible, but... maybe he couldn't deal with dad's treachery?"

Junior didn't have the answers, though she could go looking for them. "When are you planning on going? Are you going to wait a few more days, see if he turns up? 'Cause I can go out and search, then bring back any news I find. Then you can head to the caldera. I could go with you if you wanted too."
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue frowned He came out of it yes, but he still wasn't all right. He had a lot of healing to do, and a long way to go before he would be back to his old self. Who can really handle your father's chaos reigning. She grew quiet, sucking back the bitter thoughts that wished to burn like acid down her tongue. She needed to stop this anger, needed to fix the poison that was choking her out.

I will wait a few days and then I would love company Junior. She sighed and looked around. He likes to walk along the river, it calms him. She grew quiet, he had always smelled of open air and water. If he was gone for good, by the gods she would miss him so much she feared she die from the pain.
812 Posts
Ooc —
"Oh," was the only reply Junior could think to make to that. The corner of her mouth twitched downward at the Healer's remark about her father. How could he have left his brother behind like that? Sure, he had been in good hands, but... still.

"I'm going to head out right away," the Outrider reported, suddenly feeling excited about her first mission since returning, even if it wasn't a particularly happy one. "I'll start along Whitefish River then. I..." Junior paused, then admitted, "I'll keep an eye out for Ty too. I haven't seen her since we had a fight." Her lips pursed, her mismatched eyes searching Blue Willow's face, silently asking, Have you?

She could see the answer written on the medic's weary face: no. "I'll do everything I can to find them, Aunt Willow. Be back soon," Junior said, bumping her muzzle beneath the Beta's chin before striding away toward the plateau's edge, her looks no longer on her mind. There were much more important things to occupy her right now.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow did not know what had possessed Peregrine to leave other than the thought of more children and fox.

Blue watched as Junior headed out and she nodded Okay be safe Junior please. Blue didn't think she could lose her too. She sighed, goodness gracious it had been one heck of a few months. First she had found out her mother had died. Then Atticus had fallen and gotten hurt. Then her father had died. Then Perry left and now Atticus was gone too. Could she really handle all this without losing a small sense of herself?