Hideaway Strath Rest my case
42 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Private 
For @Marsali :3

The strath was not small, by any means; yet, Fenrir still felt a sense of being trapped within. He couldn't help but miss the freedoms of a lone traveler. There was no one else to hold obligation or responsibility for, there were no limitations and territory markers to abide by, and there was also no wolves of blood staring upon your back. 
Fenrir held no fear for his daughter, Fury. But now that he had a place her by her slim grace, he would need to be careful, else he'd been sent away... and likely by force.
So, to escape the enclosed feeling, the behemoth wandered the outer lines of the strath, hoping he'd come across something more interesting than the squabble of his daughter's pet recruits. They were nothing compared to the loyalists he'd once collected over the years. Each of them lived day to day under the expectation of being given orders and hastily following suite without question. None were soft or merciful, just as Fenrir was not. 
It would certainly take time to get used to. But, for now, he was better off keeping his distance. No sense in getting dragged under the influence now. No... he had a future to build, and a family line to continue.
' ' It is a mistake
 to fancy that 
  horror is associated
inextricably 
    with darkness,
silence, and solitude.' '
3 Posts
Ooc — bee
The harsh terrain she had trekked through had her relieved at the discovery of this, oasis, it seemed. The heaviness that had lingered in her chest was lifted, maybe a meal waited for her in this valley.

Even if her spirits had just lifted, the scent of others was present and the fur along her spine had raised unwillingly. Perhaps this haven was a home, and just as the thought was fresh in her mind, the behemoth of a man had graced her line of sight. Her gaze rested steadily on him. She figured she should be afraid of his sheer size and demeanor but something about him was enticing. Marsali didn't know if his presence alone would make trouble for her, considering she was a trespasser here and even unsure if her sweet talking could get her out of this.

Hello,❞ She said, second guessing her decision to greet him.

She a took a few small steps forward, waiting for any sort of reaction while leaving a comfortable space between them.
42 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
When the copper furred wolf appeared to view, Fenrir stiffened. Though this was not his territory, it still belonged to his daughter. He would defend it for her, regardless of its owner.
Stranger. The man acknowledged lightly, tone steady and sharp. You find yourself on the land of Hildibrandr, formerly called The Saints. What a boring speech, but a necessity nonetheless. For what purpose do you roam here?
With a firm stance, he eyed her carefully, waiting expectantly for an answer.
' ' It is a mistake
 to fancy that 
  horror is associated
inextricably 
    with darkness,
3 Posts
Ooc — bee
Marsali allowed silence to linger after his words. He was stern, confident, it seemed. A brow quirked as he stared her down. While nervousness resided in her gut, she believed she could flee if needed.

❝I thought my luck securing a meal would be better here, but It seems I've found myself in the Hildibrandr.❞ Marsali's expression was still rather blank as her head slightly cocked sideways, looking him over again.

❝You can refer to me as Marsali if you'd like, rather than stranger.❞ She paused again, a subtle smile over her face.

❝Might I know the name of this sentinel?❞ Marsali nodded her head towards him, requesting to pair a name to this rather vigilant wolf.

The russet woman rested back on her haunches to hide the raise of the fur along her spine, still holding his fiery gaze. Her tail stirred the foliage beneath her, but it slowed to a stop as she awaited an answer. Perhaps sitting down was a mistake, she would prefer not to offend him with her lax front. Despite her composed speech and appearance, she was not.
42 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Securing a meal? Here? Laughable. The only critters he'd seen worthy of a meal were the insufferable red squirrels that took to the trees faster than any wolf he knew of. And there were the occasional buck and doe; though, they didn't wander this far into the hearth of the strath.
Marsali... her name. Curious. Not to mention a nosy, smart little thing — and not in the intelligent way.
Sentinel? The man laughed aloud, throat tickled by its dryness. The colder weather often left his lips cracked and tongue parched. I am not much of a sentinel, my dear. A combatant of age, perhaps. They were similar; yet in the same instance, they were not the same.
Your name, your name! The words burst through her eyes, but Fenrir had blatantly ignored them. What kind of fool would he be- to give his name away so quickly without the faintest idea of this stranger's intentions? Why, no! She must earn such the right!
' ' It is a mistake
 to fancy that 
  horror is associated
inextricably 
    with darkness,
3 Posts
Ooc — bee
He was wary, she had noted that, but he had reason to be. Here in the Hildibrandr, she was a stranger.

❝Could have fooled me.❞ Her response dipped into laughter before straightening out.

This stranger was indeed protective of this land, and did not lack the size or demeanor to be taken seriously. It was quiet again as she thought over a response, the intensity of his gaze made it hard to look him in the eye but she continued to do so.

❝And again darling, my intentions here have no malice. The mountains surrounding this land have not proven hospitable.❞

The fur that had pricked along her spine had began to smooth out, she may have been reading this wolf wrong, but she didn't believe she was in immediate danger. The ebony beast even responded to her banter with his own.