(j) eagle of the ninth legion
<p style="font-size:12px;color:#fff;text-shadow:1px 1px 8px #fff;"><span style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;"><i><FONT COLOR="#621d00">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#622105">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#602409">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#5f280e">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#5d2c12"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#5c2f17">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#5b331b">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#593720">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#583a24">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#563e29">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#55422d">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#534532">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#524936"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#514d3b">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4f503f">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4e5444">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4c5848"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#4b5c4d">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4a5f52">y</FONT><FONT COLOR="#486356">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#47675b">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#456a5f">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#446e64"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#437268">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#41756d">f</FONT><FONT COLOR="#407971"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#3e7d76">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3d807a">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3b847f">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3a8883"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#398b88">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#378f8c">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#369391">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#349695">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#339999">t</FONT></i></span></p>
5 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Winter was fast approaching and anyone who was not aware that the chilling bite upon the nipping air meant that the time was coming for Natural Selection when the weakest of them would be purged by either starvation or hypothermia — which ever won the battle first — was either extremely dense or optimistic. Tarquin did not fail to notice that winter was a hairsbreadth away from them now, and it was with the days ticking by like blood beneath a bruise that he kept at the forefront of his mind one goal: find a pack. It wasn't ideal, per say, and by all rights there was nothing that said he had to leave his birth pack in the first place. He had known winter was coming long before he'd left Venia Dei but the omnipresent rule of his imbecile siblings was not a very pleasant thought despite how many times Tarquin had likened himself to the idea. Though he was beyond old enough he knew that his eldest siblings would never let him rule their parents' legacy, especially since the spot that Isi had once held, as Imperator at the side of Tarquin's mother the residential Imperatrix, rank names not taken from Isi's upbringing but from Phoebe's own (despite the told differences between Isi and Phoebe's father: Aether) and that, of course the eldest couldn't have the baby on the throne. Isi's death had been shortly after Tarquin had been brought into the world, but Phoebe, significantly younger than her late husband was still in her prime. He missed his mother, but found that unlike his siblings he could not miss his father, having never truly gotten to know him.

All that Tarquin felt that he had in common with him was the fact that they shared the Frostfur trait, and that he had Isi's eyes. Isi was nothing but stories, and the eldest of the DiSarinno-Frostfur clan had taken up the role of Alpha Male beside their mother. Tarquin could have stayed. It wasn't like they had chased him out or anything. He'd left Venia Dei of his own free will and now knew that like the sand at the top of an hour glass: his time was running low. He wasn't malnourished, a little skinnier than normal, perhaps, but his choices were slim and though he could handle fawns no wolf could take down a perfectly healthy, full grown deer by themselves. Tarquin had learned to make do with what he had, even if settling for seconds felt measurably beneath him.

It wasn't so far beneath him that self preservation was canceled out by it, however.

Tarquin's pace slowed, a quick glance taken skyward, frowning slightly at the cloudy sky. Perhaps, if things went according to plan, he would have shelter before the storm brewing on the distant horizon reached these foreign lands known to him only as “The Wilds”. Three of his brothers had before traveled here, and, none the wiser, Tarquin assumed that it was here that they still roamed. The Frostfur was aware that he was closing the distance between his body and a pack's borders, their scent markers prominent even though there was more than plenty of distance between him and them. Even so, knowing how the laws of a pack worked he stopped, tipped his head back, and let out a howl, announcing his presence at their borders. Never before had he actually been through the joining processes but he'd been taught pack politics like all of the DiSarinno-Frostfur children and was well aware of what was expected of him.

I wish that I could wake up with Amnesia.
159 Posts
Ooc — Leondre
Hi! :D Welcome to NB :D I know you as "the person who plays Ragnar" so I assume ya know what to do already (well duh). Sorry if this isn't my best work. I typed it before I went to sleep

The golden male padded along the scent trail. He was still up for the warden trade, though more interested in gamekeeper. He had hunted his fair share and did a massive job of stocking up the pack's catches. Enjoying the silence that he knew would not last, he continued to pad along the way.

His well enjoyed silence was soon broken by a howl, but it was one that he didn't know. Was a new wolf wanting to join or a enemy wolf here to attack them? He questioned himself as he continued on his path, but now towards the source. Pasting the scent line towards the source of the howl, he emerged from the bush he was in and his eye drew to a brown-grey wolf standing.

Flash crossed the grounds to reach the wolf. "Salve, what is your business here?" He realised he had spoken hello in Latin, perhaps he was getting more use to the first unfamiliar language? He shook it off, deciding it was a good thing. His tail rose into the air, displaying his dominance, bright green eyes gazed right into the other's liquid gold as he waited for an answer. He decided not to start off with a bad start, considering the brown-grey wolf was a respectable distance away from their borders, at least he had manners unlike the wolves that requested for a place within the Bypass before him.

Doing his usual analysis of the stranger, he could see that he was more for hunting than for fighting, which was good, considering winter was approaching and Noctisardor Bypass needed more wolves thAn ever to stock up their catches. He hoped the wolf was not an enemy, as he looked like a potential ally. But Flash could only hope that he was here for shelter, Noctisardor Bypass needed no slackers in their ranks.

333 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
When the voice of a potential recruit rose from the territory outskirts, Paarthurnax at once veered in the direction from which the call had come. Without thought she quickened her pace, having abandoned her lone search for small prey, with every intention of asserting her dominance and questioning the wolf who sought to disturb her peace. Her tail arched proudly over her sleek hindquarters, flagging at her rear as she jogged briskly through the dense forest, until promptly she halted in her tracks.

Gazing ahead, the crimson beauty frowned deeply. Tiberius' comment and the very obvious fact that he did not trust her judgement as an Alphess left a sour taste in her mouth and, having the memory linger at the forefront of her mind for days, Paar suddenly found herself wondering, why bother?

She huffed a sigh of frustration, mentally kicking herself for letting the thought of a yearling express concern over her capability to maintain her rank get to her as much as it did. Forcing it from her mind she strode forth once more, hackles on edge and head held high, and she slipped from between the evergreens to find that Flash had beaten her to the scene.

Paarthurnax regarded her golden pack-mate with a soft wuff of acknowledgement, but did not stop to greet him personally. Instead she focused on the newcomer, copper gaze alight with curiosity. She eyed him in silence for some time, scrutinising his body condition and testing the air for any scent of disease until she deemed him safe enough to proceed. "Tell me your name," the crimson leader urged, fixing the male's features with a firm stare, "and why you have come to Noctisardor Bypass."
<i><div><span style="color:#9e0000;">A</span><span style="color:#980101;">u</span><span style="color:#920202;">t</span><span style="color:#8c0303;"> </span><span style="color:#870404;">V</span><span style="color:#810505;">i</span><span style="color:#7b0605;">n</span><span style="color:#750706;">c</span><span style="color:#6f0807;">e</span><span style="color:#690908;">r</span><span style="color:#630a09;">e</span><span style="color:#5d0b0a;"> </span><span style="color:#580b0b;">A</span><span style="color:#520c0c;">u</span><span style="color:#4c0d0d;">t</span><span style="color:#460e0e;"> </span><span style="color:#400f0f;">M</span><span style="color:#3a1010;">o</span><span style="color:#341110;">r</span><span style="color:#2e1211;">i</span></div><div></div><div><span style="color:#291312;">E</span><span style="color:#231413;">i</span><span style="color:#1d1514;">t</span><span style="color:#171615;">h</span><span style="color:#1d1615;">e</span><span style="color:#221515;">r</span><span style="color:#281514;"> </span><span style="color:#2d1514;">t</span><span style="color:#331514;">o</span><span style="color:#391414;"> </span><span style="color:#3e1413;">C</span><span style="color:#441413;">o</span><span style="color:#491413;">n</span><span style="color:#4f1313;">q</span><span style="color:#551313;">u</span><span style="color:#5a1312;">e</span><span style="color:#601312;">r</span><span style="color:#661212;"> </span><span style="color:#6b1212;">o</span><span style="color:#711212;">r</span><span style="color:#761211;"> </span><span style="color:#7c1111;">t</span><span style="color:#821111;">o</span><span style="color:#871111;"> </span><span style="color:#8d1110;">D</span><span style="color:#921010;">i</span><span style="color:#981010;">e</span></div></i>
827 Posts
Ooc — Will

The call rose into the air and immediately, the silver Alpha abandoned his part of border patrol and moved swiftly towards the sound. He was not the first to arrive, however, Flash and Paarthurnax came before he did. His tail rose high into the air, displaying his ultimate dominance, expression impassive, and eyes bright, cold and harsh. He remembered Tiberius's comment and truthfully, he agreed with it. As the Imperator, he felt that at least he should approve all potential recruits before they were allowed in the Bypass's ranks, it wasn't because Paar was not a good leader, but because she was softer and humbler. And approving members took another skill, they couldn't just let anyone in. He knew Paar had good judgment but this was a Roman pack, and it was harsher. It was also for the sake of the recruits, if they weren't suitable for this kind of environment, they should go.

Shadow moved forward, brushed his shoulder against Flash as a gesture of greeting. He radiated an aura of power and strength, like most honorable Roman emperors did. Head held high, his stance regal and dangerous at the same time. The ashen outrider was glad to Flash came to the scene first, he was proving to be a valuable member of the pack, a good hunter and constant patroller. He heard the words that Paar spoke, her stance obviously dominant. Hadrian trotted forward until he was in front of both of them. "Tell me your name and why you have come to Noctisardor Bypass." she requested.

The wolf was a tall lithe one, chocolate brown fur, with silver on his back and brilliant golden eyes. The Imperator tilted his head briefly to one side, analyzing him and waited for the answer to Paar's question. He would need to speak with her soon.

<p style="font-size:12px;color:#fff;text-shadow:1px 1px 8px #fff;"><span style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;"><i><FONT COLOR="#621d00">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#622105">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#602409">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#5f280e">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#5d2c12"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#5c2f17">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#5b331b">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#593720">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#583a24">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#563e29">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#55422d">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#534532">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#524936"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#514d3b">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4f503f">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4e5444">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4c5848"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#4b5c4d">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4a5f52">y</FONT><FONT COLOR="#486356">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#47675b">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#456a5f">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#446e64"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#437268">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#41756d">f</FONT><FONT COLOR="#407971"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#3e7d76">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3d807a">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3b847f">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3a8883"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#398b88">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#378f8c">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#369391">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#349695">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#339999">t</FONT></i></span></p>
5 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
To say that Tarquin expected an entire joining party to greet him when he'd sent his howl into the air would be a lie. He'd expected one, maybe two, but instead in the end three of the pack's wolves had came to greet him, two of them the obvious leaders even without their dominant displays, but it was the golden male that approached first and spoke a greeting to him. The latin did not entirely go over Tarquin's head, given that Phoebe had taught them things that Aether had taught her, but Tarquin had always associated more with the Frostfur half of his family as opposed to the DiSarinno half, despite that Isi hadn't been around to teach him things. Perhaps that was why Tarquin identified with them, because in some small measure it made him feel closer to the father that he'd never had the chance to know on any sort of personal level. Tarquin's lips parted to respond to the golden male's question, only for the words to become stuck in his throat when a woman draped in crimson appeared, requesting his name and as the male before her, what business he had at their borders, this time giving a name to the otherwise nameless pack.

Just as Tarquin was about to respond to her, yet another creature appeared, creating an excruciating amount of dominance like a “raising the bar” sort of thing. Each one held themselves more dominant than the one before them. The amount of wolves that had came to greet him left the Frostfur with a slight twinge of irritation — truly was he worth three of them? Though he supposed, in the long run perhaps he should instead feel flattered as opposed to irritated. The Frostfur hid the inner workings of his mind well, keeping them securely to himself as he forced himself to lower into submission to appease the raging dominance this group gave off.

When Tarquin felt it safe to answer the questions that were addressed to him — though at this point it wouldn't have been very surprising if the entire pack decided to show up — his lips parted to speak once more. “I am Tarquin DiSarinno-Frostfur,” Though he felt inclined to leave 'DiSarinno' off most days that felt disrespectful towards his mother and that was something that Tarquin couldn't bring himself to do. “I seek only a potential chance at earning a place within your ranks.” The silver tongued man spoke in what was his naturally soft voice, eyes unable to focus on one of them, still unsure that they were done filing in. How many wolves, Tarquin wondered, did it take to handle one loner at their borders?

159 Posts
Ooc — Leondre
“I am Tarquin DiSarinno-Frostfur,” The grey-brown wolf, now with the name of Tarquin said. “I seek only a potential chance at earning a place within your ranks.” Flash wasn't surprised at this. Most wolves who turned up around these times were looking for a place to stay for winter. He was sure that after winter, most of these new wolves would suddenly disappear.But Flash was fine with that, as long as they didn't stir up trouble and slack off. Noctisardor Bypass could use every wolf.

But the wolf who went by the name of Tarquin seemed a little annoyed. Flash wondered why. Not for the first time, he wondered if it was such a great idea to come into this scene. Perhaps he should have just let the alphess and the alpha dealt with this "tarquin". But neverless, he had arrived and he could only hope that this will turn out for the better.

333 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
As the sleek agouti male made to respond to her enquiries, something else captured his attention. Paarthurnax followed the visitor's golden eyes by turning her proud crown to cast her gaze over a slim shoulder, though her expression did not brighten at who she came to observe. She regarded her mate's approach impassively, tall crimson ears tilted back somewhat, and stood her ground. Truthfully she expected Shadow to step in alongside her, a proud Alpha pair, but much to her surprise he moved in to personally greet their young subordinate and move to stand directly in front of her.

Frustration at being entirely ignored took hold of the bi-coloured Frostfur then and, glowering silently at her partner's back, Paarthurnax did not register the response that the stranger had given. Instead she backed away carefully and quietly until she could turn freely, when she started off and made her way deeper into Noctisardor territory without bothering to look back.
<i><div><span style="color:#9e0000;">A</span><span style="color:#980101;">u</span><span style="color:#920202;">t</span><span style="color:#8c0303;"> </span><span style="color:#870404;">V</span><span style="color:#810505;">i</span><span style="color:#7b0605;">n</span><span style="color:#750706;">c</span><span style="color:#6f0807;">e</span><span style="color:#690908;">r</span><span style="color:#630a09;">e</span><span style="color:#5d0b0a;"> </span><span style="color:#580b0b;">A</span><span style="color:#520c0c;">u</span><span style="color:#4c0d0d;">t</span><span style="color:#460e0e;"> </span><span style="color:#400f0f;">M</span><span style="color:#3a1010;">o</span><span style="color:#341110;">r</span><span style="color:#2e1211;">i</span></div><div></div><div><span style="color:#291312;">E</span><span style="color:#231413;">i</span><span style="color:#1d1514;">t</span><span style="color:#171615;">h</span><span style="color:#1d1615;">e</span><span style="color:#221515;">r</span><span style="color:#281514;"> </span><span style="color:#2d1514;">t</span><span style="color:#331514;">o</span><span style="color:#391414;"> </span><span style="color:#3e1413;">C</span><span style="color:#441413;">o</span><span style="color:#491413;">n</span><span style="color:#4f1313;">q</span><span style="color:#551313;">u</span><span style="color:#5a1312;">e</span><span style="color:#601312;">r</span><span style="color:#661212;"> </span><span style="color:#6b1212;">o</span><span style="color:#711212;">r</span><span style="color:#761211;"> </span><span style="color:#7c1111;">t</span><span style="color:#821111;">o</span><span style="color:#871111;"> </span><span style="color:#8d1110;">D</span><span style="color:#921010;">i</span><span style="color:#981010;">e</span></div></i>
827 Posts
Ooc — Will

The Roman was no fool, he felt her glare at his back but ignored it. They would talk later, after this wolf was dealt with. He had too much to worry about right now to think about her, and sure enough, he heard the soft padding of pawsteps trotting away. At least they weren't so over crowded here, now. Shadow was not surprised when the recruit said he seeked to find a place in the ranks of the Bypass, winter was coming after all, and lone wolves with a brain would want to find a pack to reside in. The chances of surviving in a pack was so much more larger than surviving as a loner, though it was possible.

What skills do you have to offer, and where do you hail from, Tarquin? he spoke in a soft voice, carefully hiding the accent away. Platinum eyes scanning the agouti with concealed interest, the indifferent expression slipping on his face with only his trademark smirk interrupting his facade.

<style type="text/css">.Shadow{width:400px; margin:0px auto; padding:250px 25px 20px 20px; border:3px double #fff; background-image:url('http://i62.tinypic.com/2v29shw.png'); background-position: top; background-color:#1e6b3f; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;} .Shadow-in {width: 385px; padding: 10px; background-color: rgba(255,255,255,0.35); text-align: justify;} .Shadow q {color:#bad2ca; font:13px/2 georgia bold;} .Shadow p {text-indent:30px; color:#2e3f3f; font:11px/2 verdana; margin:0px;}</style>
333 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Fading this here, since Tarquin is no longer in the game and I hate having dead threads in my log, lol.

He did not bother to even glance over a shoulder at her, and neither did she. Paarthurnax moved off with her head held high, her tail flagging with frustration and pride, as she fought hard to reign in her building anger. She kept a velvet red ear trained on the group behind her as she walked and, hearing her mate move on so swiftly to regard the stranger as though she'd never been there at all, made her feel as though her blood was about to reach boiling point.

Shadow hid his accent, much like he'd done in the early stages of their relationship. He was hiding who he was, for reasons unknown to her, and as his co-leader she found this difficult to accept. Eager to be as far away from the scene as possible, Paarthurnax picked up her pace and hurried away, out of sight and out of earshot, leaving the males to discuss the potential new recruit among themselves without her involvement.
159 Posts
Ooc — Leondre
Same, since I want this for warden, this threads needs one for post and I need one more post too

. Paarthurnax left, her head high and her stance regal. Perhaps she was just angry at the way Shadow had ignored her. He knew nothing about mate ship, but even he thought Shadow could have been slightly more tactful. He looked at the proud Silver male. He didn't move, but Flash knew that He had seen the glare Paarthurnax had sent him.

He could see that Shadow could deal with this "Tarquin" alone. He nodded his head to Shadow. Tail still bent low, he retreated into the forest behind him. Making sure he was out of sight, he leaped forward and back into his home.