Here in my garden of shadows...
211 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
for @Keith

Man, it's weird here. The ex-slave thoight as she wandered between tightly packed dark trees. There was not much light and she'd seen, like, a million crows or blackbirds or ravens or something since she got here! Her wounds from the fight with that mountain wolf were still fresh and painful. She didn't like anything like a protruding branch or something touching 'em. A thorn had scraped one of her cuts a few days ago and hurt really bad. She was just kinda waiting for her wounds to heal themselves.
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Sorry for the lateness, I've been really busy :P

<style> .Bane1 {padding: 10px;} .Bane1 p { margin: 20px 80px 10px 80px; font-family: Candara, Calibri, Segoe, "Segoe UI", Optima, Arial, sans-serif; text-align: justify; text-indent: 35px;} .Bane1 q {color: #800000; font-weight: bold;} </style>

It was cold. So cold. It reminded the young northerner of his home, the bleak and freezing lands of always winter, and he loved it. His mane started building up its usual thickness, used to the stark weather in the North. If it hadn't felt like home here, it sure did now.

He enjoyed the long nights too, he liked to come out in the middle of the night to walk, to stalk, he sometimes hunted too, he loved how his pale fur stood out in the shadows, contrasting with the darkness of Blackfeather and its gloom. That was pretty much what he was doing that night, walking around, feeling the many eyes of the stalkers of the shadows looking at him. It gave him the shivers sometimes to think that he was being watched, but he was getting used to it after months of living there, it didn't surprise him anymore.

Twice he had chased out intruders, and both times had been clueless females who didn't know what a marked border was, and he was gettin' real tired of that shit. Imagine his reaction when he scented yet another one of this stupid loners crossing the line. his face frowned instantly, his guard hairs bristled and he took of in the direction of the scent, which aside from belonging to a young female, it carried the characteristic smell of blood, which drove him crazy.

The female was small, almost half his own size, and she was hurt just as he had expected. He slowed down his pace as he approached, maintaining a high composure, dominant with just the right amount of hostility. I'm guessing you lost your sense of smell when you got those too. the pale warrior said almost growling, and pointing at the wounds with his muzzle. For some reason he didn't attack her instantly, but right now it wasn't clear to him why.

211 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
The silver male appeared in front of her. His eyes were astonishing, a pure white in color. How da heck does that happen? She thought. She stared for a few moments before waking from her trance. "I got ma' sense of smell. I just don't care much for borders." She said, working towards getting on yet another pack wolf's nerves.
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

Bane didn't enjoy being talked to like that, he was just too hot headed to let it happen. So as soon as the tiny female opened her mouth with her boldness and her careless attitude, she had, indeed, got on MoonBane's nerves, and that would probably end pretty bad.

Black nostrils flared with anger, steaming out the burn in his chest that soon turned into a deep growl. Careful, child. Blackfeather Woods isn't a pack to be messing with. And I think you're smart enough to know that borders are to respected, or the consequences wont be pretty for you. the man growled flashing his fangs. I was considering the possibility of offering you a place in our ranks, but right now that thought is fading into an image of a pack-less girl slowly freezing to death. the doppelganger said with an devilish smirk that reflected his real self, the bloodthirsty and merciless MoonBane. He knew the girl wouldn't stand a chance alone during the winter, he was a winter man himself, and he knew that this one in particular was going to be one of the most deadly in decades. The loner needed a pack, at least just to pass the winter, or she would face death.

211 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
"I'd rather freeze to death than live in a pack that lives here." She growled. "Besides, ta have me join would benefit ya. What could ya even offer me that would convince me to stay here?" She said. She was not going to live through four months of slavery to be broken by some random white pack wolf. The four months of slavery had been out of the six months of her life, therefore two thirds of her life was slavery without relatives, except foster relatives. Jupiter and Spruce had been like new brothers to her, and Rosebud had been like a new sister.
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
<style> .Bane1 {padding: 10px;} .Bane1 p { margin: 20px 80px 10px 80px; font-family: Candara, Calibri, Segoe, "Segoe UI", Optima, Arial, sans-serif; text-align: justify; text-indent: 35px;} .Bane1 q {color: #800000; font-weight: bold;} </style>

How high can an ex-slave standards be? The girl had no idea what she was talking about. That was clear to Bane. She was too young to be a loner during winter, she hadn't in fact gone through a winter in her whole life, so joining Blackfeather woods wouldn't benefit anyone but her. She was going to be the one to spend cold nights alone, she was going to be the one to suffer the harshness of nature, all on her own. Not Blackfeather. The dark forest acted as their refuge, as their fortress, and even if it didn't seem like it, they had food to spare, they had abundant resources. Resources they wouldn't share with the little ex-slave, not after this at least.

Oh man! You really don't know what you're talking about, do you? the man said laughing at the little ex-slave's words, You wouldn't stand a chance without a pack, girl. You don't know the first ting about winter. he said confidently. And, whether Runt liked it, every word he said was true. But if you're so sure you don't want to be a part of us, it means you're against us, and I'm not going to sit here and let you stay in my land. he said as his laugh turned into an aggressive growl, This is the last chance you get to get the f**k out, or it will get really ugly. For you at least With that, he bared his sharp teeth in a devilish smile, and with slow moves he gave three steps closer to the girl. Would she keep her stance? Or would she recognize how little chance of surviving she had and make up her mind?

211 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
As much as the almost-nameless wolf disliked him, he made a couple of points. "Wait, wait, what if I did decide ta juh-join ya?" She stuttered nervously. She took a few steps backwards, sorta stumbling and tripping over her own hind legs. She had been about to plead, but she didn't. There were so many times like this in slave camp, when she was afraid Coal would literally rip out her heart and eat it. But she couldn't give in. She had to stay strong.
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

Join? It was too late to d that now. Aside from being completely disposable, the fact that MoonBane was starting to get annoyed by her presence demanded for him to take more serious actions. The only thing left to do: Chase her out. Engage. A snap of his jaws at the young invader crashed just a few inches away from her face. He was serious now. Join us? Is that what you want now, girl? You want me to offer you a warm spot withing our ranks? Well... You should have thought of that before pissing me off. Now I'm not so sure I'm willing to accept you. the snow guard growled. He was getting aggressive now, and the girl would be wise to take her leave sooner than later.

211 Posts
Ooc — Vinyl
last post from me, if that's ok! If not tell me.

The ex-slave didn't have to be told twice. Well actually, she had already been told twice. She didn't have to be told thrice? She was only here to get on nerves, not for a fight. Especially with this white-eyed dude. "Peace out, dude..." She said, the words falling from her mouth quickly. She flashed him a joking wink for no reason before racing off in the direction of... Well, in the direction of wherever the Woods ended.
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

And with a growl and a flash of his teeth, the northerner chased her until she finally disappeared from his sight. Children like these were the reason MoonBane had been exiled from his natal pack, they just kinda... Got on his nerves in a way that he couldn't describe without getting really mad, that's just the effect they had on him. Luckily for Runt, Bane wasn't in the mood to eat wolf gut that day, so instead he just made sure she just got away from his place, the reign of shadows, that's what Meldresi would like and what he had done more than once.