Kintla Flatlands Now and at the hour of our death, amen
812 Posts
Ooc —
The saga continues (and come to its finale). This takes place not long after this.

Dripping wet and shivering, Junior climbed out of the river. The fever had broken at last, leaving her weary to the bone. Now that she was entirely alert, she knew she was at the end of her rope. Just because the fever was gone didn't mean she was out of the woods yet. Her legs were still badly mangled—especially where Pura's teeth had reopened the wounds—and only lying absolutely still and sleeping for days would give her a fighting chance.

Aware of her brother in her peripheral vision, Junior took a few steps on her shaky legs, the left bleeding freely, then sank down to the cold, dry grass. "I think I'm dying," she whispered, looking down at the wounds littering her forelimbs. She tumbled gently onto her side, momentarily lacking even the strength to stay upright. "Am I—"

She cut off mid-sentence as she heard the telltale sound of running feet pounding in her direction. They were coming, probably because of her screech. She felt some relief. Pura alone couldn't help her. But if the pack came to her aid, she might make it, with the fever gone now. With the last of her strength, Junior pushed herself back into a sphinx pose, her injured legs stretched out in front of her for all to see.
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
I couldn't resist

Blue had heard the screech and had run from her den, anxious and afraid. The fleeting thought going through her head that if she were to have children this was not a good start to it, with all the stress. Regardless she ran as fast as she could to make it to her neice, because she was certain the screech had been hers. She arrived to find Pura and Junior sopping wet and shivering.

Oh Junior, you'll be lucky not to catch your death of cold. She drew closer and frantically began to use her paws to rub across the girls back and body, trying hard to dry her off. The cool air mixed with the fever could very well be a death wish, and Blue was determined not to let that happen. She had already lost Atticus she would not lose Junior, she wouldn't. She just worked tirelessly to make sure she was warm and dry, as best she could. As soon as she could move her she would.
Hello Everyone. It's been forever.
812 Posts
Ooc —
It's always a pleasure! :D

It was Blue Willow, come to the rescue. Junior's eyes shimmered with gratitude as her aunt squatted beside her and began to rub her pelt. The motion hurt her legs a little, though it actually felt good otherwise. The cold water had been such a blessed relief for her fevered skin, yet now she was ready to be warm and dry again.

"It felt good. I needed it," she whispered to the medic. "I think I would've died if I hadn't gotten to the river," she said in an even lower voice. "I know I'm really sick, Mama Willow, but I'm not going to die," she finished, the nickname just slipping off her tongue naturally. The Healer was, after all, the matriarch of the plateau, a genuine mother-to-be and the very closest thing to a mother figure in Junior's life now.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow continued her vigorous rubbing though it was hard she did it regardless. She sniffed at Junior's legs to make sure they were okay, all her herbal remedy was wiped clean, but at least they weren't any worse than they had been. Though she would have to keep a close eye on the bite marks that marred them now. She knew that Pura would not have hurt Junior unpurpose, he must of been trying to stop her from jumping in the river.

Blue Willow didn't pay too much attention to the nickname, though it did warm her heart pretty nicely. She licked her charge's face and spoke softly That's right you aren't going to die. I won't let you Junior. I may have failed your uncle, but I won't fail you. Now can you walk? Blue studied her with gentle eyes.
812 Posts
Ooc —
The mention of her uncle made Junior blink slowly and say, "I dreamt of Uncle Atticus. He said he left because he was always going to be sick and you never would've been able to have a family and a good life with him, so he removed himself from the picture." Oh, talking made her so tired she wanted to sink down to the ground and stay there for weeks.

But the Healer asked if she could walk and Junior mulled this over a moment, then nodded. "I'm pretty sure. I might need to lean on you." She rose, slowly and unsteadily, and indeed pressed her shoulder against her Aunt Willow. Junior used her tail like a rudder, then held still, waiting for the medic to leave the way.

"I did this," she confessed as they walked. Each step hurt her, though she managed. "I hurt myself, Mama Willow. I... I think I need help. I don't think I'll do it again, not after this, but I... I don't know. It was really spur of the moment. I don't trust myself." Her lips pursed and she felt the urge to cry, though she was so tired that it subsided. "Please don't tell anyone."
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
this moved on before I could get in but I wanted to throw him in here

Dante (the figure Junior had stepped over) hadn't woken when she passed by, but her unearthly screech had brought him to with a start. He was running before he'd even stood up, cursing himself and her in equal measure (though one with a bit more fondness). If she was aiming to give him a frickin heart attack then she was doing a bang up job of it.

By the time he thundered in Blue already had things under control, thank Jupiter. "Do you need any help?" He asked the two of them, looking to Junior, then to Blue, completely unaware of what he had just interrupted.
aiming for Warrior, Guardian, and Advisor specializations
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue did not say anything about Atticus and leaving her because of some sense of messed up duty or loyalty or love what have you. Frankly she would have taken him anyway she could get him. And if she had to care for him for the rest of her life, she would have done it. However, that was neither here nor there, at the moment. Much more pressing things to take care of.

Blue looked at Junior and stopped mid step as she began to speak. Oh Junior. A small whimper escaped her lips and she licked the girl across the muzzle and brushed her own muzzle across her head, preening at her ears. I'm so sorry that I haven't been there for you. I thought that perhaps you had done it yourself, there is a certain pattern to them. She grew quiet as she gathered her thoughts. Well chile we'll get through this we will, I will make sure of it. I want you to promise me though. If you start to feel bad again you find me, or Lasher or Dante or your aunt Osprey? If you do that I won't tell anyone.

She grew quiet as she heard Dante approaching and gave him a small smile Someone decided to take a dunk in the river to cool her jets. Would you mind helping me so she doesn't have to put so much weight on her legs?
812 Posts
Ooc —
Before Junior could answer the Healer, Dante appeared and the teenager's lips pressed together. She threw Blue Willow a frantic sideways glance, begging her not to say anything to the Alpha male, then redirected her eyes to her toes. Junior did not recall the previous night's events, though she felt a strange sense of shame in Dante's presence she could not explain. Her wet tail fell limp.

"It helped," she said in defense of her polar bear plunge. "I feel really weak but my legs aren't burning anymore. And I'm tired but I feel like I can think straight for the first time in a couple of days. As soon as we get back, I'm going to sleep for weeks." Talking really was exhausting, so she left it that, waiting for Blue Willow to start the march back to her den.
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
If Blue or Junior wants to wrap this up, I don't need 3 ^^

While Dante hadn't forgotten the previous night, he had dismissed it as a spell of temporary, fever-induced insanity and didn't dwell on it. No one had been hurt (well, mostly) and it seemed the old Junior was back once more. Dante was supremely glad for that. Hyper-aggressive Junior was not someone he wanted to meet again.

Nodding in agreement, he positioned himself on her other side, ready to assist and take some of her weight on. "Welcome back," he said, extremely relieved that she was showing signs of improvement. She'd scared the hell out of him.
aiming for Warrior, Guardian, and Advisor specializations
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue was not entirely privy to the details, but she knew that last night had been rather eventful, and she was glad it was over. She had heard the others taking care of it, so she had stayed back away's. It was strange the way things for turning out for the plateau and there seemed to be a shift in the world that was theirs. She wasn't entirely sure how to explain it, but something just wasn't the same and it seemed to be having some odd reactions from others. Perhaps she was just being silly.

Yes I'm glad she's back as well.
812 Posts
Ooc —
"Thanks," the youth muttered when the adults expressed relief at having her back. She would have to ask what exactly they meant by that... later. Right now, she was too tired to speak anymore, too tired to do anything but plod in between the pack's leaders as they shuffled her back to the Healer's den. She was a dead man walking by the time they reached it and, upon falling to the den floor, would not rise for a solid two days.