Noctisardor Bypass Mellita, domi adsum.
52 Posts
Ooc — Java
OK, so this whole time I thought NB was south of Greatwater Lake; otherwise I would've had Basilie go the other direction. lmfao. Thread for @Shadow or any other NB wolves that want to intercept her.

Ashton had pointed her in a direction and left her with that; it was hardly more than a nudge, and Basilie was embittered by the lack of assistance. It sort of made sense, though, since she was not worthwhile company to the medic. Basilie headed in the direction specified and worked her way north, towards the mountains. Weren't these the same mountains she had been avoiding? Had she worked her way in a circle around them? Ugh, commoners, she thought as she hiked on, this is all that yellow-faced plebeio's fault.

It was nightfall when she chose to stop and rest. The gusting breeze across the plain had died down by this point, allowing her some time to relax without the irritation. She came to a halt beneath one of the few trees that dotted the landscape and breathed, a great deep breath, and became particularly aware of the throbbing in her shoulder. If she could reach it she'd have felt a radiating heat from the wound; however, there was no need. A fever had indeed set upon her - and without those gusts of wind, the night was stifling.
<i><div><span style="color:#9e0000;">A</span><span style="color:#980101;">u</span><span style="color:#920202;">t</span><span style="color:#8c0303;"> </span><span style="color:#870404;">V</span><span style="color:#810505;">i</span><span style="color:#7b0605;">n</span><span style="color:#750706;">c</span><span style="color:#6f0807;">e</span><span style="color:#690908;">r</span><span style="color:#630a09;">e</span><span style="color:#5d0b0a;"> </span><span style="color:#580b0b;">A</span><span style="color:#520c0c;">u</span><span style="color:#4c0d0d;">t</span><span style="color:#460e0e;"> </span><span style="color:#400f0f;">M</span><span style="color:#3a1010;">o</span><span style="color:#341110;">r</span><span style="color:#2e1211;">i</span></div><div></div><div><span style="color:#291312;">E</span><span style="color:#231413;">i</span><span style="color:#1d1514;">t</span><span style="color:#171615;">h</span><span style="color:#1d1615;">e</span><span style="color:#221515;">r</span><span style="color:#281514;"> </span><span style="color:#2d1514;">t</span><span style="color:#331514;">o</span><span style="color:#391414;"> </span><span style="color:#3e1413;">C</span><span style="color:#441413;">o</span><span style="color:#491413;">n</span><span style="color:#4f1313;">q</span><span style="color:#551313;">u</span><span style="color:#5a1312;">e</span><span style="color:#601312;">r</span><span style="color:#661212;"> </span><span style="color:#6b1212;">o</span><span style="color:#711212;">r</span><span style="color:#761211;"> </span><span style="color:#7c1111;">t</span><span style="color:#821111;">o</span><span style="color:#871111;"> </span><span style="color:#8d1110;">D</span><span style="color:#921010;">i</span><span style="color:#981010;">e</span></div></i>
827 Posts
Ooc — Will
The Imperator need some air, and so he left the lands of the Bypass for sometime, wanderlust taking over him as it usually did. The ashen outrider remembered wistfully when Bazi had appointed him head outrider of the Creek and now understood why she chose to give up on her outriding duties. Being a leader and exploring did not go together, because you could not be somewhere but on pack lands at the sametime. But Shadow was a determined, stubborn wolf and even if the world descended upon him, it was highly doubtful he would abandon his adventuring.

Soon the moon rose into the night sky, clouds obscuring the light that Diana brought forth to the lands. Lost in his thoughts, it wasn't until he was near her did he smell her familiar scent and froze in his tracks. Shadow was still some distance away from her, she probably could not see him for he stood in the shadows of a large oak tree, his skill with blending in shadows working brilliantly. Why was she here? The bastard kid of Aku and the Greek. He liked her older brother, Scipio, better and half wondered if he was here too. But even if he didn't like her as much as he loved his other siblings, she was still his sister and he loved her too.

So he moved quickly towards her, but still holding the grace the gods gave him, masked concern in his silver eyes as he stopped next to her. Shadow raised an eyebrow at the large wound on her shoulder, it was starting to fester and the smell of fever settled on her body. An image of his mate flashed in his head but he shoved it away, he would have to do his best without his healer. "Gods, little sis. I thought the women in Noctem Vagus at least that you the beginnings of healing." the barest hint of amusement and worry crossing his features as he straightened himself and sniffed her. "Well, looks like you only know how to fight and you're not even better than your brothers at that, or at healing in that matter. Even they knew how to clean a wound." the Roman blinked at her with fierce eyes of the moon. "What are you going to do with that? Sit and die?"
52 Posts
Ooc — Java
He came to her like a ghost, drifting in the corner of her eye. The nearer he got, the more Basilie wanted to rise up and bare her teeth - not for any practical reason, but rather, because a feeling in her gut told her to. But the girl did not move. He drifted closer, so close that she felt his breath upon her fur, and heard the boy's voice. He sounded like a memory; not here, not present. It wasn't Hadrian that was absent, but herself. Basilie had no way of knowing how strong the fever was - only that her skin felt hot, that the blustering winds had decided to ignore her, and now she was seeing the ghost of her brother.

"-looks like you only know how to fight and you're not even better than your brothers at that, or at healing in that matter. Even they knew how to clean a wound." The figure chastised her like he often did in her dreams. As she remembered, from memory, all the other Roman soldiers who thought she was equally useless. Her features were impassive despite the great urge to lift her lip, to sling a snide comment through the air and hope it hit him square between the eyes. To fell this giant that thought himself an Imperator. Imposter.

"What are you going to do with that? Sit and die?" Hadrian's voice was.. Alien.

"Hadrian." Basilie finally spoke, and as his name tumbled from her lips, she snapped back to herself. The warrior woman got to her feet at that moment, staggered a bit with the sudden pain of her strained shoulder, and balanced herself upright. "So you do live. And you call yourself Imperator as our brother says?" She would ignore his jabs and jibes, focusing instead upon her own mission. "I have come to join you - to aid you." But what would he make of this? Surely Aku's most devoted child would not give up her father so readily.
<i><div><span style="color:#9e0000;">A</span><span style="color:#980101;">u</span><span style="color:#920202;">t</span><span style="color:#8c0303;"> </span><span style="color:#870404;">V</span><span style="color:#810505;">i</span><span style="color:#7b0605;">n</span><span style="color:#750706;">c</span><span style="color:#6f0807;">e</span><span style="color:#690908;">r</span><span style="color:#630a09;">e</span><span style="color:#5d0b0a;"> </span><span style="color:#580b0b;">A</span><span style="color:#520c0c;">u</span><span style="color:#4c0d0d;">t</span><span style="color:#460e0e;"> </span><span style="color:#400f0f;">M</span><span style="color:#3a1010;">o</span><span style="color:#341110;">r</span><span style="color:#2e1211;">i</span></div><div></div><div><span style="color:#291312;">E</span><span style="color:#231413;">i</span><span style="color:#1d1514;">t</span><span style="color:#171615;">h</span><span style="color:#1d1615;">e</span><span style="color:#221515;">r</span><span style="color:#281514;"> </span><span style="color:#2d1514;">t</span><span style="color:#331514;">o</span><span style="color:#391414;"> </span><span style="color:#3e1413;">C</span><span style="color:#441413;">o</span><span style="color:#491413;">n</span><span style="color:#4f1313;">q</span><span style="color:#551313;">u</span><span style="color:#5a1312;">e</span><span style="color:#601312;">r</span><span style="color:#661212;"> </span><span style="color:#6b1212;">o</span><span style="color:#711212;">r</span><span style="color:#761211;"> </span><span style="color:#7c1111;">t</span><span style="color:#821111;">o</span><span style="color:#871111;"> </span><span style="color:#8d1110;">D</span><span style="color:#921010;">i</span><span style="color:#981010;">e</span></div></i>
827 Posts
Ooc — Will
"Gods, what am I going to do with you kiddo?" he exhaled softly and blinked at her when she spoke his Roman name, and cursed softly when she stumbled to her paws, a halfbreed that tried to desperately to be Roman that she was becoming more Roman that it was possible, which meant that this was not even properly Roman anymore. If only she had a better role model other than Aku. However he didn't offer to help her yet, keep your pride little sister, for now. "So you do live. And you call yourself Imperator as our brother says?" Shadow frowned. "Brother? You met our brother? Which one?" he asked questioningly.

"I have come to join you - to aid you." Hadrian moved towards her at that and sniffed her wound, "Gods, sister. Have you gotten yourself in so much fights trying to find me?" he licked her wound, trying to clean it. "We'll discuss the matters of coming to join me later, your wounded and sick, you need to come back to the Bypass, we've got some medical equipment there that might help." Shadow shook his head at her, though there was affection in his silver eyes.

"I go by Shadow nowadays, Basilie." he spoke softly, "Will you come to my new home to heal, little sister. Even strong Roman warrior females like you need to rest and heal, Father wouldn't want his favourite daughter dying would he now?"