Blacktail Deer Plateau trust to weapons crude and cruel
i was born to the witch boleyn
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
@pura

we can bring it up to the present if u would like!

<style type="text/css">q {font-family: 'Gentium Basic'; font-style: strong; font-size: 16px; color: #4d924d; text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #99C199;} p {margin: 40px 80px 0px 80px; font-family: 'Georgia', serif; color:#000000; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; font-size:20px'} </style>

a bit of elderflower he had found. though wilted, perhaps blue willow could make use of it. lipping the limp stemp carefully into his maw, the beta began his trek through the snow toward the healing den. certainly she would maintain it, for her duties as their medic would not cease once their children were born. perhaps saena would aid her, or one of the newer wolves.

quietly he moved, rather lost in his own thoughts and less observant than a wolf befitting his station should have been.

<strong>here is a strange and bitter crop</strong>
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Plz! <3

Pura didn't know much about Lasher. He had been Peregrine's favourite for a time, and like every other creature on the Plateau, Pura had caught glimpses of their shows from time to time. But that was long past, his lover was gone, and he was now the expectant father of Blue Willow's impending litter rather than the gooseberry wedged between Fox and Peregrine.

Pura followed him as closely as he dared, watching with his cold, hard eyes. By all accounts, this was the wolf responsible for the babies that might threaten his coup.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
<3

<style type="text/css">q {font-family: 'Gentium Basic'; font-style: strong; font-size: 16px; color: #4d924d; text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #99C199;} p {margin: 40px 80px 0px 80px; font-family: 'Georgia', serif; color:#000000; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; font-size:20px'} </style>

nares flared and the beta felt a glissade of sensation trickle over him; he turned to see the prodigal pura standing not far off. however pleased he was to see the feral young man, taltos was offput by the ice in pura's eyes. it is good to see you, the earthen servant called, turning to approach the younger of the pair with a slow step.

yet he halted a few feet away, ears thrusting forward to hear whatever it was pura would say — if anything.

308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
The dark wolf slowed and tested the air. Pura stopped not far behind, watching the realization that he was not alone take hold of Lasher and turn him around to face the boy's flat, unchanging stare. The subconscious mind was truly fascinating. Even before scent betrayed him, Pura was certain that Lasher had felt him there - without the aid of his physical senses.

"it is good to see you, he offered. Pura stared, as he was wont to do. Lasher's voice was unusual - mysterious. He was so different from Blue, who wore her heart entirely on her sleeve. What did they talk about?

"Do you miss Peregrine?" Pura asked.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony

the speckled behemoth spoke, and it was not a question that taltos had expected. having made his peace with peregrine, he realized he had moved past the panther. their shared history was of course something he would each day cherish, but he was not torn for the redhawk wolf any longer.

yes, the beta answered truthfully. i miss his presence, and his friendship. ears slide to cup his skull, then swept forward. pura was young and had been absent for much of the more recent transpirings betwixt himself and peregrine. why do you ask? the earthen servant asked softly.

308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Lasher's voice was like vaporized silk from the mouths of the deceased and peaceful. Pura didn't know how to categorize him. He certainly didn't belong with Blue Willow and all her colourful bustle - thematically, at least.

"I saw you," Pura told his elder, meaning the mens' heated and unorthodox sessions and assuming Lasher would know that. "Do you do that with Blue Willow?"
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
<style type="text/css">q {font-family: 'Vivaldi'; font-style: strong; font-size: 20px; color: #DF0101; text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #F5A9A9;} p {margin: 40px 80px 0px 80px; font-family: 'Lucida Bright', serif; color:#000000; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; font-size:25px'} </style>

pura's response was not what he had expected; a bilious cloud rose in his belly, but he patted it down through sheer force of will and focused his attentions on the boy's most forward question. then again, the feral spawn had never been one for social subtlety. yes, he answered. she is going to bear my children. having no notion of what it was pura had seen, he left out the details of his interludes with the willow.

308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Pura had no concept of 'being creepy', but he was doing a bang up job of it now. "I know," he responded. "They come out of the other hole. She told me." Whether he was being deliberately strange or trying to make some sort of point was impossible to tell. For all Pura knew, he was bonding over a subject the two males shared in common: Blue Willow. She was single-handedly responsible for the boy's sex-ed - a fact that would likely turn her black cheeks red.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
<style type="text/css">q {font-family: 'Vivaldi'; font-style: strong; font-size: 20px; color: #DF0101; text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #F5A9A9;} p {margin: 40px 80px 0px 80px; font-family: 'Lucida Bright', serif; color:#000000; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; font-size:25px'} </style>

this was the first conversation that lasher had ever held with pura, and it was shaping to be an interesting one indeed. yes, they do, he confirmed with a small smile, settling himself before the behemoth of a youngling. what else did she tell you? he inquired, rather mischievously.

308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Pura didn't understand the smile - he was relaying information, not trying to be funny, but a smile was better than a sneer. When the older wolf settled, so did Pura, mimicking his posture almost exactly.

"She told me how you made them," he replied without so much as a hint of humour. "And she told me that you can't do that with your sister, or boys." Although that had been a long time ago now, and Pura could not remember any specifics about who you were supposed to procreate with. The youth's ears curved forward slightly - a subtle signal that something had sparked his curiosity. "How did you pick her?" he asked, staring intently at the wolf in front of him.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
wanna fade soon? we need an updated one!

he very much doubted that blue willow had discussed the sordid specifics of child-making with pura, as if she were some young fellow grinning lecherously with a friend. the healer was straightlaced to a fault, and he could daresay she would have been trembling indignantly at the massive wolf's words, had she heard them, quick to disapprove and correct in her gently firm manner.

lasher had his feelings upon sisters; had not julien taken his daughter, his granddaughter, and great granddaughter, espousing the very crux of incest? of course, they had all been willing, but he doubted now their words of acceptance.

yet he would say nothing of this to pura. his world, with its flexible boundaries, was not the milieu in which he existed now. that is correct. you must not treat your sister as a wife, and males cannot bear children.

the boy's next words gave him pause; a smile found its way to his willing lips. we chose one another. she has always wished for a family, and i have always been fond of her. it was natural that it should come to this.