Duck Lake her melodies
<i>why did she leave wonderland</i>
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
for @Scarlett :)

Crëyr was at another bowl of water— perhaps it was the last one she had yet to visit in Teekon Wilds— well, in this area, at least. She did not know. She endeavoured to visit all of them and know the place inside out, though. That was what she had did back in Wales, after all. She was familiar with this area, too, as she had met that agouti silver male back here— and she was determined to branch out to other areas in the Teekon Wilds. Perhaps she would even catch whiffs of the other packs that were always spoken of by the locals.

The surface had frozen over, though she knew if she set foot on the ice it would most definitely break and reveal the waves. She wasn't about to accidentally slip into the hole she would create and catch hypothermia, so she instead sat back on her haunches and enjoyed the view. Tried, at least. She was surprised at how distasteful she was at this view of winter. Snow, she liked, though she preferred not to have everything frigid and frozen over.

Including Noctisardor Bypass itself. The pack wasn't doing quite well, with Shadow and most of the members gone, and it was fair to say that she had set out to recruit. Not much had happened, though she was determined to bring back one or two potential members.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
The white she-wolf was getting more and more comfortable in the Rising Sun Valley. She had explored most of the grounds around her pack. After having a through cleaning her fur was as white as it could be. In the winter Scarlett was always more in her element. Her body would almost disappear against the white background. Well, except for her blood red eyes. She wasn't vicious or a monster like her old family stated. The female crept closer to the lake filled with delicious fat ducks. On one side of the big lake they opened up the ice to be as loud as they could while swimming around.

The small female hunched low to the ground with each careful step she got closer and closer to the group of ducks. From the yellow reeds she launched herself at one of them. Her jaws clenched around the first thing she could get. Scarlet was surprised that the bird could get any louder. She relocated her bite in the prey's neck and then carried it proudly. It might have been the first animal she caught on her own since arriving here. Soon the duck was feasted on and eaten to the bone. Because of the wind she had not realized there was another wolf close by. Not that it mattered. Scarlett had wolfed the duck down in her hunger, leaving a rather macabre sight.

The recently cleaned wolf had now red eyes and a red stained muzzle. Her pink tongue ran over her lips yet till there was this red recoloring around her mouth and on her head. The ghostly white female was on her way back when she saw the other female. Her tail let out a friendly wag. Scarlett was unconscious about her looks, like most of the time. This female didn't really care for being clean, often her coat had another color than white.
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
It wasn't long before she had spotted the other small she-wolf. Her pelt was a pale, frosty white, tinted lightly with cream, a color equivalent to the light snow that would promptly descend onto the ground.

Crëyr wasn't exactly sure what she was doing, but she saw her wander over to the side of the lake where the ice was beginning to drift apart, revealing a flock of ducks meandering close to the shore. Ducks. The petite wolfess was surprised to see that they were still out here, though there wasn't much they could do for the harsh Winter.

The red-eyed she-wolf pounced, her jaws closing around a duck's body. Fortunately she had clamped her teeth before it could flutter away. Its companions gave a squawk and burst apart, doing whatever to get away from the pale wolfess while she wolfed her meal down, leaving the bones sitting behind.

Crëyr's mind connected to the encounter with Vector at the sight of that. It was a good three months ago, though one of her first memories of the Bypass never left her brain.

When the frosty-furred she-wolf finally looked up, her eyes an unusual shade of crimson, she proceeded to wag her tail in a friendly manner. Her mouth was surrounded with a diluted red, a rather shocking contrast against her pelt. Jovially Crëyr was up and was padding towards her, a greeting forming on her lips.

"Hi!"
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
The female came up to the other wolf that didn't seem scared at her. Scarlett had no clue what she looked right now. Her white ears popped up when the other female greeted her. Scarlett stopped and let the other walk to her. "Hello," she greeted in return. Once more the white wolf licked over her lips. She could taste the blood faintly. It told her that her mouth was probably red. "Excuse me for a moment." The female pressed her front paws on the thin ice and put pressure on it. A chill went through her body when she felt the cold water. Once she stepped back she could drink from the cold water and clean bits of her mouth in the process.

The white female then returned her attention back to the stranger. "I'm Scarlett. Can I help you with anything?," she offered in a friendly matter. Her tail wagged gently as her red eyes studied the other. Scarlett noticed she had the most beautiful cerulean eyes. It was so different from hers. Scarlett often wished she had a those type of eyes and a grey coat. It camouflaged her better than her white one. She didn't see the female as a threat for now which is why she offered the other female her help, if she needed any. Maybe she was just visiting the lake for her own piece of duck.
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
The other she-wolf's plush white ears lifted up the second she spoke her greeting, turning around to face her amiably, a hello slipping from her tongue, her crimson red eyes bright. They were very unusual, exquisite and were pretty much unseen when it came to Crëyr. As if she sensed the Welsh wolfess' eyes on the surrounding uncleaned blood on her muzzle, she excused herself politely for a moment before dipping herself into the lake to wash it off.

Northern wolves, she presumed. Shadow was one and so was his half-brother, Raziel. Vector perhaps. They seemed to be immune to the icy cold. Crëyr wasn't exactly a summer wolf, as she was probably somewhere in between, having not swum in cold water for some time but having been born in a place where surviving in brutal winters were skills taken very seriously.

The femme, pelted white, introduced herself, offering the grayscale girl her name and a question to see if she needed any help. Crëyr wasn't sure what kind of help she was referring to, but it was probably covered the entire area. Help, she needed right now to build Noctisardor's numbers up and strengthen it for the winter. Also, she needed meals. Plans to fill her pack's cache were on her mind, and she would be grateful for a companion while she hunted. Help and companionship.

"I'm Crëyr. Crëyr Awyrseren. Merry meet, Scarlett." She paused thoughtfully for a moment, a light smile drifting across her lips. "Thank you for asking, for I have came out to seek for possible members and prey for the oncoming winter. Do you hail from a pack, Scarlett? You seem to distinctly smell of one, though there is no telling which. I have yet to explore the whole of Teekon Wilds." The silver-graphite girl nodded. "Impressive duck catch, by the way."
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
The lighter female listened to the female's words and nodded slowly to indicate that she was listening. The thought about it for a second. "Crëyr..," She repeated to get a feeling on her tongue. She looked over her shoulder to the great peak in the distance. Once the sun would shine on it at dusk it would turn beautifully orange. Almost like the whole glacier was on fire. Scarlett smiled since it was a beautiful sight. "I am from DuskFire Glacier. I don't have a rank yet since I just joined."

The female stepped closer in a friendly manner. "I am afraid I can't help you with that. I don't know much wolves yet, let alone wolves without a pack. You could hunt on the ducks although they don't really support a whole pack," the pale female thought out loud. She looked down modestly when the compliment was voiced. "It was not that impressive. I could have taken it down more gracefully. My bite was all wrong. I was just lucky the animal was so in shock I could relocate my bite. Honestly, nothing impressive about it," she assured. It was mostly her strict old pack that made her like this. She always got comments how do to it better. Scarlett had never learned to take compliments.
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
going pretty fast with this thread, aren't we:D

Crëyr smiled lightly. Well, Scarlett didn't exactly get the underlying question she had weaved into her previous words. She'd now confirmed that she was in a pack, and one named Duskfire Glacier. Wherever it was, it didn't seem to be too far away. Well, she wasn't a possible recruit. "Since you've just arrived, how are you finding Duskfire Glacier?" She was interested in learning about other packs, as she was endeavouring to achieve the trade of outrider.

"Thanks for the tips, Scarlett. Those were my intentions. To take down a few and drag them back home so everyone'll have a hearty little smack. Not that much, but... meh. " She thought back to the time where'd she'd met the multicolored, feisty female, Finley, and the joy she'd received in taking down a couple of annoying geese with her.

Her eyes were then on the ducks. "They're cute, but we need to eat."
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
We are, aren't we? xD

The pale wolf certainly could be rather oblivious to certain questions. "I can't really talk about that," she spoke quietly. She couldn't really say anything good or bad about the pack since she didn't had enough knowledge about them. She didn't even meet everyone of her pack yet. Plus she wouldn't talk bad about the pack that took her in. "But I can say that they took me in when I knocked on their doorstep," she returned and then smiled sweetly. Her tail kept the gentle wagging pace.

The female looked at the Duck Lake. "I will agree with that if you don't hunt all the ducks. I rather like a few for myself," She returned with a fond chuckle. "Koda and I found a big flock of deer in the meadow by the Heartwood forest!," she then reminded then. "If you want bigger game you should try and have a look there."

With a glance the female turned to the lake and the returning ducks. He didn't find them that cute. She actually find them annoying with their quacking. "I actually don't think they are so cute?," she admitted a bit quietly.
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
Scarlett replied to her inquiry, telling her that she couldn't just yet talk about that. Perhaps she'd just joined and had only begun settling, and that was probably why she couldn't tell the grayscale wolfess about anything of her pack just yet. Or maybe, the Alphas were strangely secretive of its packlands' events and territory and forbade anybody to speak of the pack outside of territory.

It seemed unlikely, but it was an option. Crëyr regarded Scarlett with curious cerulean eyes, studying her in a subtle, friendly manner. White fur. Scarlet red eyes. Small in stature, probably good for running. A year old, possibly. Or two. There was no telling.

She informed her of what she thought of the future game the Welsh girl was requesting. Crëyr smiled dreamily at the thought of a hearty meal, if not, a snack, and decided to directly hunt after this. She hadn't had such a sweet, big meal ever since the last victorious pack hunts, and had been snacking on small hares, fish and occasionally deer ever since. A memory seemed to strike Scarlett, allowing the red-eyed snow fae to begin on about a flock of deer she'd discovered while hunting with a companion, which led to advice about having her hunt there as it was useful.

Heartwood Forest. She made a mental note to report to Flash back home so that they could possibly lead the Bypass wolves on a hunt to fill their stomachs. There hadn't been much activity ever since Shadow and Paarthurnax had left, and the petite graphite girl was determined to change that. "Thanks for the tip, Scarlett. It'll definitely be useful for this oncoming winter."

When Scarlett made a remark on how she didn't think the ducks were cute, Crëyr laughed, a sweet, melodic sound that seemed to echo around her surroundings. "That's great, then! If you don't find them cute, you could possibly hunt down a couple with me, then we can share and bring some to our respective packs. I'm kinda hungry, and this is probably one of the last flocks that'll ever appear this season."
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
The pale female kept her red eyes on Crëyr. She returned a friendly nod when she was thanked. The young female was almost ready to leave the other wolf in peace when she asked about Scarlett helping her catch some ducks. Her head curiously tipped. "Where would the ducks go? I don't think they leave the lake. But then again I am not familiar around here," she admitted. The female wasn't sure if she was allowed to bring food . Maybe she would step on someone's toes by doing that. Although she thought of Maera. Her little friend could always use a meal.

The white female cooked over the grey one once more. "I'm not a skilled hunter, but if you want help I could put in some effort," she offered. Scarlett looked at the lake, the ducks were slowly returning. "I am not sure if you can get enough ducks. They know they are hunted. You might try the heartwoods better for deer. These are only small snacks. You would need a bulky deer to fill your belly. You should rally some of your pack mates to help you take one down." It wasn't like she didn't want to help the female. Scarlett wanted to but the ducks were smart. They knew about wolves and Scarlett rather not wanted to use the duck she ate for running but rather for warming her body.
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
my last post. you can finish this :)

"The ducks?" She said lightly, her voice lilting. "Well, the lake is probably cold, probably a little too cold for their taste, so..." Crëyr turned to watch the ducks, then, the small, green-topped creatures with their flapping of wings and ceaseless squawking.

Though she had already requested for some fair company when she would later on be hunting down these creatures for a snack, she again did not want to seem like she was a little too eager for Scarlett to join her. After all, she had a choice, and she wasn't about to usher her into anything if she wasn't exactly willing to. She smiled.

"Ducks, I will try my best. The deer, I will definitely check Heartwood Forest out. She started on towards the direction of the ducks. "Join me if you wish to, Scarlett. But if you prefer to not, goodbye. I thank you again for the tips, it was good to meet you."
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
I can! :)

Scarlett turned her head with the grey female. It could be that the ducks would go away soon. She wasn't familiar with the patterns of the wildlife yet. "If they leave we better hunt them down as snacks," she realized. "Please check out the Heartwood, yes!," she smiled in a friendly matter. The wolf decided it was the right thing to do to help the female. Why not after all? She would have extra food and she could feed Maera or someone else in her pack.

The ghostly white female moved with Crëyr to hunt down the ducks. "Of course I will help. I rather have allies than foes," she returned. In the end she had a good catch of three ducks. Plus she had the opportunity to fine tune her hunting. It was a win win for both. Scarlett bid goodbye to the grey female and then left with her side of the hunting they did.