Sheepeater Cliff celestial hearts
<i>why did she leave wonderland</i>
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
open! last thread before crëyr gains her outrider trade, glad if you helped. crëyr would love to meet a bdp or a bfw wolf, but it'll work with anyone :)

Her paws had taken Crëyr farther away from home than she'd expected— she was now in an all-alien part of the Teekon Wilds. She was yet to gain her trade of Outrider, perhaps she would after this— it made sense for her to go for that trade, anyway. Wanderlust often singled her out, allowing her to swiftly carry herself out of whatever she'd been dwelling in for the past few days and just... explore.

The grayscale girl had duties back in the Bypass, though she again reminded herself that this was one of them. She wanted to be the Outrider that represented her pack behind Shadow.

It wasn't long before she saw a cliff overlooking the snow-capped mountains. The weather was frigid, and the icy bite of wind blowing face-first towards Crëyr wasn't helping. She wasn't sure if standing close to the edge of a tall cliff would improve the situation, but sometimes, she decided, that she deserved to live a little.

The view was breathtaking. She could see the world below her and the blue above her, and it was one of many times where she knew how beautiful Teekon Wilds was.
263 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
She was on one of her little excursions away from the Creek, as if somehow walking for a long time would alleviate the cramped feeling she held so tightly in her chest. It wasn't like it didn't work or anything, because it did, but it was a temporary fix. Soon, Falwasi would have to face the monster that cast a dark shadow across her home... soon she would have to face herself.

Climbing high above ground was another benefit of trekking. Swiftcurrent Creek had no raised ground, besides the Sleeping Guardians, but that didn't really count. There was a difference between standing upon a grassy hill and balancing on the edge of life.

As Falwasi neared a sharp cliff, followed by a cascade of rocky terrain, she smelled many goats, but also — a Bypass wolf. She looked around, searching for the wolf that belonged to the pack that was lead by the wolf whom most of the Creek members felt a range of displeasure to loathing for.

The graceful wolf reached the cliff, seeing a greyscale she-wolf absorbing the view. "What are you doing so far from the Bypass?," she asked, no bitterness in her voice, yet there was no tonality in it anyway. It was completely and utterly monotone. She would not judge the other Bypass wolves bred from her antipathy for Shadow, but that did not mean she would be charitable to them either.
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
o3o someone from swiftcurrent creek. crëyr does not know anything about their "interesting history" just yet xD

It wasn't long before the scent of another wolf floated gently into her nares— vaguely familiar, she decided, but she did not at all know it. Perhaps she'd scented the pack on someone she'd met before... Cautiously she turned around to catch sight of a warm-colored wolfess padding up towards her before sending a question her way.

"What are you doing so far from the Bypass?" What the she-wolf said startled her, for she didn't expect her to know of her pack. That slightly alarmed her, for she did not know where she'd obtained that particular piece of information from, but Crëyr knew that there was a chance that she'd once met a member of their pack and had absorbed in their scent, or... Well, she had somehow memorized their scent.

"You could say that I'm on an Outrider expedition," The petite silver wolfess offered gently, cordially. "Wanderlust. You know. These past weeks I haven't been much on exploring, and I'm keen on changing that. How did you know I was from the Bypass? Previous encounters with us?"
263 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
[size=x-small]ooooooh well Fal is just a little salty cookie xD[/size]

The silvered wolf turned around, and Falwasi noticed she owned a pair of bright blue orbs. A more profound blue than most of the wolves she had met, however not so profound as to mask the black pupils that lay at the each centre of the duo.

Falwasi responded to the woman's answer with small nods as she spoke. Then, curiously enough, she asked how the mountain wolf knew she was a Bypass wolf. Surely the wolves that belonged to Shadow's pack knew of the inter-pack relation? It was mildly surprising; it would have been more so should Falwasi have known more of the wolves, but alas she only knew Shadow and Paarthurnax.

The deer gingerly elicited a snicker, merely for the stranger's last suggestion. "You could say that," Falwasi said, fighting back a small smile. "We go way back," she concluded with, no smile on her face, but instead a look of serenity. "Falwasi," she then introduced, along with a curt and graceful dip of her golden head.
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
The she-wolf snickered slightly just as she finished speaking before quickly responding to her, confirming what she'd said. That led her to wonder what Noctisardor's relations were, as it occurred to her that Crëyr herself didn't know much, and made a mental note to ask when she got back.

"Falwasi," The female offered her name by means of introduction, which led the Welsh girl to do the same. "Crëyr," She said with a smile and a polite dip of her silver-graphite crown. "Well, I was probably wandering around the Teekon Wilds alone without a pack when you met them, if you say that you guys go far back. Or maybe, even, I was back in Wales. Who of our pack have you met?" She canted her head slightly, though she knew she had a pretty good idea. After all, Shadow was their lead Outrider. "Shadow, I'm guessing?" She was about to say Paarthurnax when it hit her head like a brick— perhaps this one was from the pack Paar had gone to after she had left— Swiftcurrent Creek— So she asked.

Some would say that curiosity was her besetting sin, but as far as sins go, it wasn't the worst. Sometimes, it was beneficial.

"Are you of Swiftcurrent Creek?"
263 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
The girl offered her name, which was actually a very interesting one. Crëyr. She smiled and dipped her charcoal flushed head in return. Crëyr gave the mottled female a brief run-through of how she came across the Bypass. The word Wales sounded unfamiliar, but Falwasi did not press on the subject because the petite she-wolf granted her another question. And then another.

"Yes, Shadow and I know of each other. Though I would say I know more of his... past, then he does of mine," Falwasi explained, a bitter taste in her mouth as she recalled the day they met. Urg, he ruined a perfectly good day. The copper orbed wolf looked at Crëyr before she spoke. Either the female had extremely delayed senses, or she knew Paarthurnax had shifted loyalties. The latter of it seemed more likely.

Turning away to look down at the sharpness of the rocks below cascading down their steep hill of rock, Falwasi answered Crëyr with a clear 'yes' before moving her slim face to look at the other wolf. "Care for a thrill?," she asked, gesturing towards the jagged slope below her. It was perfectly possible to hunt there, but they would have to be careful. The smell of prey was intoxicating, and the boundary between life and death was fairly precarious should they make an unbalanced lunge.
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
Falwasi mentioned that she knew more of Shadow's past than he knew hers... Crëyr didn't press. Shadow seemed to be awfully mysterious of his past and previous dealings, and she wasn't sure if he wished for her to ask this female of it. Nor did Falwasi herself, anyway. So she didn't, though it was completely the opposite of what she actually really wanted to do.

"You're from the pack Paarthurnax now lives in," The grayscale girl said, up in her thoughts, not knowing of whatever had happened before that. "Our packs seem to have interesting history with each other. Well... Swiftcurrent Creek. I'll be taking note of that." She had never inquired of the topic, anyway. None of the Bypass' leaders had ever spoke of, or mentioned it. She began to wonder what life in Swiftcurrent Creek was like, how Paar was doing.

Falwasi's voice jolted her back into reality. "Care for a thrill?" It took her a moment to realize that she was referring to the herd of elk beneath the cliff. A steep, rocky slope would lead the two of them down towards their future prey, though they would have to be extremely careful or would have to spend a day mapping a route that wasn't as dangerous down towards the plain. By then, the herd would probably be already gone.

The petite silver female laughed, a soft, melodic sound. "Definitely, as long as we don't slip and die along the way. I've been snacking on small things like hares for the past few days, sooo I would care for a filling meal." It was she who began towards the slope, placing her front paws onto a rock before turning to wait for Falwasi to come along with her. "We'll have to be really careful, though," She trailed off as her cerulean eyes flickered back towards the tall slope and the precarious slip she was yet to make.

Well, she wasn't going to. She'd make sure of that.
263 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
[size=x-small]Wait are there goats or elks on the mountain? Or both? xD[/size]

Crëyr laughed, an arioso sound much like Falwasi's when she was genuinely making the tenderly beautiful noise. She was beginning to like the graphite streaked wolf; she was game for the dangerous hunt, without a flash of fear concealed in her Caribbean blue eyes. She wasn't stupid, either. She made it clear she wasn't reckless when she demonstrated recognition to the unbalanced terrain.

The ashen hued girl moved towards the edge of the cliff before Falwasi, who shortly joined her side. Falwasi trailed her vibrantly colored eyes over the terrain below them, looking for a first step. There. Her eyes froze on a small but sufficient niche, and she placed a careful paw on the ledge. Then, she made the small leap, landing balanced and quietly.

Falwasi looked up at Crëyr, and smiled kindly. "You go that way," she whispered, motioning her head in the opposite direction to her own. "We'll still be able to see each other if we run into trouble, and it'll be safer since there's more room to... you know, move." Then she turned her head away, lowering into the cold stone, acknowledging that she was more visible to the beasts than Crëyr was, who wore a robe of cinereal.
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
oops. hmmm i thought wolves would be more familiar with elk, but it probably doesn't matter since both would be the same, anyway hahaha. your choice:D

Falwasi made a small, graceful leap from the ledge, landing on a large, flat rock, already a way down the slope. She promptly nodded at what the other wolfess told her, moving towards the direction she told her to go to, grateful for Falwasi's words. Crëyr began making her way down towards the bottom herself.

Every step was quickly thought out, every leap carefully placed. The silver-graphite girl was one to make important, yet small, careful decisions, and that was a skill that she was thankful for just then. As she reached the middle of the slope, she turned for a second to search for her companion to see if she needed assistance.

As she was okay, Crëyr turned back to what was before her. With a quite a few more evenly-placed jumps (but not with a couple tiny mistakes that'd almost led her to being unbalanced), she was making her way towards the bottom, closer to the herd. It occurred to her that they would soon be able to smell them, but they didn't just yet. Her azure orbs flickering from the herd to Falwasi, she waited at the bottom for the cream-colored female to finish scaling the slope.
263 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
[size=x-small]I'm going to make my catch fairly under the average size for a normal mountain goat. Don't think a wolf would be able to kill one themselves, and if they did I don't know how they would drag it back to their pack xD[/size]

Both girls started making their way further down the wall. There were plenty of ledges, most of them very narrow, but they were close together so no extreme risk needed to be taken. They went at an even pace, balancing before each leap, and moved stealthily from ledge to ledge. It had been raining earlier, so the goats were gathered closer to the bottom of the cascade, though few anomalies stuck out a quarter way up.

Crëyr arrived at the bottom while Falwasi lingered quietly on a wider ledge at some point above the base of the mountain. She looked down below at the mousy wolf, attempting to make eye contact with her. She was in luck; Crëyr's eyes had been searching for hers, too, and so they locked, the contrast of the colors evident in their gaze.

Falwasi moved her eyes from the other female to a mountain goat no further than ten feet below her position, very near to the base of the mountain. She repeated this action back and forth a few times, to make sure Crëyr knew what she was doing. Falwasi would pounce onto the average but young, furry white creature. Should the goat alarm the pack, then they would hopefully take off up or away from the mountainous wall, giving Crëyr an opening to make a dive for one of the billies. Falwasi knew she couldn't take on the mountain goat on her own — they were rather large and bulky — but the ledge would aid her in the kill, using tactics instead of brute force.

She sat back in her stance, eyes animated with the exhilaration of her next movements. Then, she swiftly pounced downwards with an open mouth, dropping onto the buck's rounded back. It jerked its head up, allowing Falwasi a small attempt at grabbing its throat. So she did, but the crazed beast lifted its hind legs many times. She clung onto the creature, who bucked and let out a low bleat as she ripped some flesh below its throat. Falwasi was not far from the bottom; if she jumped, she would make it easily. If she fell, she wouldn't hurt herself should she land on her feet or rump.

So the doe dove off the goat, landing safely in the bristly yellow grass of winter. The goat jumped down a few ledges, unaware of Falwasi's location as it tried to rejoin its herd. Once it reached the floor, Falwasi lunged forward, clamping down on its thick, bony forelimbs. It tried to ram into her with its blunt horns, but the agile wolf moved out of the way just in time to lunge at its throat once more. This time, she was successful, and the taste of metallic blood filled her mouth. With a few more moans, the buck bled, staggering to get away, but it was too late. He was as good as dead. With a muffled rumble, he dropped to the floor.

Falwasi stood next to her and searched the area, looking for Crëyr to see if she had had as messy a success, or, a failure.
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
kay i'm not good with this gotta practice more

Her cream companion locked her orbs onto a mountain goat, small in stature, furry, below average. Her eyes flickered back to Crëyr again, and with that she gave her a firm nod, whispering her luck. She knew she'd been planning to request to use teamwork to possibly take down a larger meal, but it was confirmed that Falwasi already had a plan herself.

Her cerulean orbs scanned the herd, fully aware what would happen when Falwasi was to pounce onto her target. They would be alerted and would begin to flee, which would probably give her an opportunity to launch herself on one of those small billy goats, though she knew not to aim for so high as a single, small female wolf like herself would probably fail to take down one of those huge beasts. Maybe if there were both of them, they would but now she was in with only herself.

There. She carefully concealed herself in where the rocks started to blend into scrubs, wilting grass and bushes, and began to choose her target as Falwasi made her advances onto hers. Once her eyes locked onto one, young, again smaller than average though plentiful, Falwasi had already begun to alert the herd and there they went. Kicking up clouds of dust, they began to head in the direction Crëyr had anticipated, and she let a small smile grace her features.

It worked perfectly. Exactly like the chase tactic.

Once the goat was close enough, Crëyr pounced, open-mouthed, out of the scrubs and made a pounce for its hind legs to disable him. Her aim wasn't exactly clean, but it was good enough to sink her fangs into a leg and twist, having him stagger back. The agile girl leapt out of the way before it could attempt to kick her with its other leg, which at the end she managed to make two fang-holes in.

Leaving him half-immobilized, though still standing the graphite-silver wolfess decided that she wouldn't need to snap off the other two and instead rushed in for a second attack, as he was already disoriented. Her first injuries on him had remarkably slowed him down, so the only thing she now needed to look out for were its antlers, short though wounding. She wouldn't want those things impaling her, the Bypass was void of its healer.

With another attack with her fangs, Crëyr had the goat wounded with a large, jagged tear on its shoulder. She'd aimed for his throat, but it was good enough. It cried after its herd then, in pain, its front legs jerking, seemingly dancing. Seeing as it was already half gone, the petite girl turned around and flashed Falwasi a quick, reassuring glance, seeing if she had also managed to take hers down.

They were still in fight, but Falwasi was of course, winning.

She looked back just in time to see a set of antlers charging towards her, which meant that the goat still had fight left in him. She leapt sideways, having its point being able to only let a faint brush across her pelt. Not missing a beat, she used a plan to coax the goat into believing that she was at a false location, and it turned out successful. She ended up having its left forelimb in her mouth while ramming into the goat with all her force, and had him successfully falling.

It was as good as dead. It was harsh, but you had to survive yourself.

Smiling once again, she delivered the death blow, tearing away a chunk of its throat. Success.

The grayscale girl turned around to scan the area for Falwasi, her mouth coated in metallic blood. The warm-pelted wolfess had her prey in front of her, fallen, dead, finished and ready. Crëyr then grinned at her friend, her cerulean eyes sparkling, her pelt gleaming silver under the winter sun. "Good catch!"
263 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
[size=x-small]Nuu, I loved it! :3[/size]

Most of the goats had climbed back up the mountain from the chase, and they stood there observing the two females standing over the dead bodies of their loved ones. It was sick. How could they look? How could they watch them about to mutilate the goats by ripping them apart, limb by limb? Were they scared? Were they brave? They were neither: if they were scared, they would run. If they were brave, they would avenge the two limp creature.

"Good catch!" A voice said, bringing Falwasi back to reality. She turned away from watching the goats and watched Crëyr's azure eyes instead. The lissome wolf smiled gorgeously, bloody open-mouth and all. Both their eyes sparkled at their success. "You too; that was rather ambitious," she said, gesturing towards the mousy wolf's kill. Although it was under the average size for a mountain goat, it was still big. Those things were taller than them, and cumbersome, and Falwasi knew they would have trouble bringing them back to their packs.

She thought for a moment, looking at the crimson stained paws as she thought for a solution. Not long after, she piped up: "How about we eat a leg, now? It'll take some weight off the thing." The Creek was closer, therefore the caches were closer, so although the travel would be effortful, it would be easier than bringing the whole thing. Crëyr on the other hand was at a disadvantage, living in the Bypass. It was further east, and the journey would be long.
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
thanks! well, that's the first gamekeeper post down:) one more round after this one?

"You going for gamekeeper too, Falwasi?" Her voice started, covering the space between herself and her companion so that it rang loudly, clearly through where the herd watched. "Well, I'll say that I'm a little too ambitious this time, but I'm going for outrider, gamekeeper and... the possiblity of something else, I think. I haven't decided yet."

She clamped her surprisingly strong jaws onto her kill's ankle and started to drag it towards where the cream wolfess stood. The thought of having to drag it all the way back to the Bypass before she could eat it slightly plagued the edges of her mind, though Falwasi's next suggestion had it slightly fading.

"Sure! Noctisardor's far from here, anyway, there'll be annoyances lugging this thing back for everyone to eat. I'll do it, though." Having had dragged her goat closer to Falwasi, she dipped her delicate silver crown, poised to tear a chunk of its leg off and devour it. The sterling girl smiled, and spoke, half to herself, half to Falwasi. "Great job today."
263 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
[size=x-small]Sure; I really enjoyed the thread. Don't know if I'll make one more post after yours, maybe Fal would like to send her greetings to Shadow muahaha <3[/size]

"Yes," Falwasi responded as the Bypass wolf explained which trades she was going after. Outrider and gamekeeper — those were a good match, and useful ones for a pack wolf to acquire, but although Falwasi travelled a lot, being titled to doing so was not something she adored the idea of. She liked to come and go where and when she wanted to.

Crëyr clamped her jaws around her goat's thick ankle, dragging it towards the golden hued wolf. As Crëyr moved towards her, Falwasi attempted at pulling the goat's hind leg off by pushing her forelimbs into its body to keep in firm on the ground, while tearing its limb off with her mouth. After a few demanding tugs, it loosened plenty, but did not give way to the female's strength. She would have to eat the meat to lessen the weight, making it easier to rip off.

Then, the ashen and slate wolf arrived closer to Falwasi, and announced her agreement to the mountain wolf's suggestion. "The same to you," she said back to Crëyr's compliment. "Hopefully we won't run into trouble on the way back..." she said, obviously referring to other wild animals that might take a liking to the girls' kill.

Falwasi tucked into her goat's hind leg, the delicious taste of meat and blood dancing on her tongue. She ferociously tore at the leg, forgetting about her kill's family observing her do so. She ate, not caring about the blood staining her mouth and paws further, the blood getting under her claws... that was all part of hunting — and the success was delicious.
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
ogm i read the shadow x SC wolves threads, they're pretty unreasonable tbh:'D we can conclude this right here i guess but if you wanna add one more to this that'll be cool:)

She tore into the flesh, savouring the delicious meat and juices, later on attempting to shake the muzzle. The silver wolfess finished the leg she had offered herself surprisingly quickly, relieved that her stomach was fuller than it had been when she'd met Falwasi earlier.

Grateful for this hunting session hadn't been a lonesome one, Crëyr smiled, made her way towards the cream colored she-wolf and lightly touched her own cheek to hers, a gesture of friendship. "Been great to meet and hunt with you, Falwasi. We're both heading east, towards our packs, I assume? You could join me on my way home, since we're both going the same direction, if you want. If not, then I'll say goodbye here." With another friendly smile, the grayscale girl turned, gave her meal another satisfying tug and set off, moving noticeably slower that she had when she'd came here.

Well, it had paid off, and chances the wolves back home were in for a treat. She didn't let a plaguing question leave her mind just yet, though. A question she'd picked up with the meet-and-greet she'd had with Falwasi, and of course it was about Shadow and his relations with Swiftcurrent Creek.
263 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
[size=x-small]Thanks for the thread! I'm going to PP that they arrive near Blackfoot if that's alright. You don't have to post again if you don't want to :)[/size]

Her stomach filled quickly, and she was sensible enough not to overload her organ with food. It would be pretty damn hard to drag something of a similar weight to her with her stomach pinning her to the floor, and though she had been hungry, she was not tempted to make the journey home more challenging.

Satisfied enough, only the upper part of the goat's thigh was left. Falwasi ripped the heavy bone off the creature, exposing its naked hipbone. She gave the detached osseous matter a good nibble, making sure none of the precious shreds of meat had gone to waste, and after sucking on the mouth-watering thing, she gave it a good toss away from her and towards the cliff.

Crëyr offered the mottled wolf company on the way home, and though Falwasi would enjoy being alone, she accepted the offer. How else would she get home? She would not go all the way around the west side just because she wanted some alone time.

"Sure, why not?," the she-wolf said, grabbing one of the goat's front legs in her mouth. Falwasi moved her mouth around the bone, searching for a secure grip. Once she found it, she commenced her lengthy drag across the grassy floor. Her idea before had been a good one — the beast was considerably lighter, and her journey would be far less back-breaking. Maybe even enjoyable.

They arrived near Blackfoot Forest, a little further north of it. Her muscles ached moderately, but she was almost at her destination. Wapun Meadow was fully visible in the sunlight, and it cast an eerie glow on the dead flowers that so abundantly populated the plain. Falwasi looked at Crëyr one last time and dipped her head, "Good luck," was all she said, with a kind smile, and resumed her transport away from the greyscale wolfess and towards the nearest cache.

"Give my greetings to Shadow,", she whispered, muffled by the bristly leg. Crëyr would not be able to hear what she had said, but it didn't matter. Falwasi hadn't intended it to.
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
ending post. good thread, maddy:D

The time that was used for the journey seemed remarkably shortened with somebody by her side, there to ease her loneliness, though she had something additional to carry. It evened out. The thought of having a feast when she returned appealed to her, which led her to pick her pace up, her limbs stretching as they swiftly carried Crëyr towards their destination.

When what she assumed was Swiftcurrent Creek came into view, the grayscale girl gave Falwasi one last goodbye before turning around with a smile, setting towards home with a bounce in her movements. The chilling wind rustled the wilting grass, carrying words gently away into the cold breeze.