Redhawk Caldera fikon
133 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Redhawk Caldera was relatively small, and as far as Grimm could tell, the ladies outnumbered the men. This fact created a dynamic that she-of-many-brothers was wholly unfamiliar with. Suddenly, her genitals qualified her as one of the gang rather than the odd one out, and her fellow Va-Jay-Jay crewgirls were nothing like the prim, whiny witches that her brothers seemed to enjoy poking their willies into. These girls were badass.

The morning after the hunt with Tempest and Finn, Grimm was still enjoying the high of the chase. She was up at the crack of dawn, prowling the lower edge of the mountain with her eyes on the grasslands to the north. The Caldera wolves had jobs, and Grimm had decided that guard duty was the one for her - with any luck, something would appear on the horizon that would give her an opportunity to prove her suitability for the job.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Elwood had noticed the new scents peppered throughout the territory, and his interest was piqued. With winter beginning to extend its icy grip, it made sense that there were more wolves seeking shelter from the elements. A larger pack meant help with hunting, caching, and guarding the territory -- but it also meant more mouths to feed. Despite the fact that he had not even been a member for two whole months, he still felt a little possessive and concerned, and wanted to seek out the newcomers and meet them himself.

During his morning rounds, he struck the scent of one such subordinate and began to track her. She wasn't hard to find; her trail led him along the base of the mountain, where she appeared to be scouting. As he approached her, he noted her dark fur and the peculiar white sock creeping up her hind leg. "Hey, newbie," he called amiably, approaching her with a friendly countenance as his paws crunched through the snow.
133 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
The first warm body to appear within firing range came from behind, and wasn't of the sort that would allow Grimm to to exhibit her talents as a guard. The dark girl gave the silent plains one last look before turning to greet her pack-mate with a wide, tongue-lolling grin.

"Ahoy, veteran!" she called back, cantering to close the distance. He looked to be around her age, with a coat suited to mountain offsetting a pair of kind, butter-yellow eyes. His scent was one she recognized; it featured strongly around the borders, and she guessed that this put him somewhere near Fox and Peregrine on the Caldera totem pole. Knowing that kept Grimm's ears flat and tail low as she shuffled into Elwood's personal space, stretching her head out to lick at his chin. The integrity of the Caldera's hierarchy did not seem to require the endless posturing and elaborate reassertion of rank that she was accustomed to, but Grimm wasn't about to risk offending someone that subscribed to tradition.

"I'm Grimm. Peregrine took me in," she offered cheerfully, stepping back far enough to avoid giving Elwood an olfactory front-row seat to the What Grimm Ate For Breakfast cabaret.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
The Iota was quick to return Elwood's greeting, as she turned and made her way towards him. He was a little surprised by the lick to the chin, but mostly just because he wasn't yet used to holding such a high rank. It made sense, and he was accustomed to the traditions of wolf hierarchy; however, he had never been on the receiving end of such deference before.

She then stepped back and promptly introduced herself, adding that Peregrine had been the one to accept her. "Nice to meet you, Grimm. I'm Elwood," he replied with a wave of his tail. Although Grimm had just seated herself, he gestured with his snout and asked, "Were you patrolling? We can walk and talk, if you'd like." He needed to do a quick sweep of the borders anyway, and it was always more enjoyable with company.
133 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Grimm's rear bounced back up. "Yep!" she agreed enthusiastically, pirouetting to face in the same direction as Elwood and reversing carefully into position next to him. "I've gone back and forth here for quite a while in case something was hiding in the grass - you know, like one of those bastard cats. Do you get those here? They are sooo not cool," she babbled, punctuating with dramatic gesturing and eye-rolls.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Adding a conclusion on 2/2/15.

She was cheerful and enthusiastic, and she quickly took up a position next to him as they began to meander. Elwood turned his head to the side so that he could see her, his ears pricking as she inquired about the prevalence of "bastard cats" in their territory. He snorted, a short laugh directed through his nostrils, before responding.

"I don't think there are a lot of them around here, but I ran into one right after I joined. Fox got into a scuffle with it, and Ashton and I turned up just in time to help chase it off," he replied. They were all lucky that they had only sustained minor injuries from the cougar, and once the cat had realized it was outnumbered, it had been eager to take its leave.

The two packmates strolled along the borders for a short while, and luckily came across no signs of any felines. They then parted ways amiably.