The Sunspire here comes a fierce battle between a king cobra and a honey badger
54 Posts
Ooc —
I'm being vague about her injuries out of necessity. Come and get 'er, @Summer and/or @Jace! :)

Licking her chops, Honey Badger traveled north, making a brief pit stop at a large, icy lake to slake her thirst and wash her wounds. She then made a beeline for the mountain range straight ahead. Even from a distance, she once again detected the signature smell of pack wolves. Like before, she completely disregarded the olfactory warning and traipsed right up to the foot of the nearest peak. Her black lips wrinkled back from her teeth and she growled under her breath as she began to march up the mountainside, ears thrust forward and tail erect.

Once again, she was looking for a fight. Despite the injuries sustained in her prior altercation, she had not suddenly learned her lesson. Honey Badger had not become humble or cautious or fearful. Her electric yellow eyes flashed with menacing purpose as she scaled the rockery. When no one immediately came after her, she announced her presence with a high-pitched, soaring howl that seemed to say, "Come and get me!"
Tempt the devil with an Angel's grace.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace was on border patrol when a scent teased his nostril. It was not one he recognized and it was on his home. With a growl he turned his large body towards the smell and charged down the mountainside. He didn't quite understand why some other wolves were so obvious about their disregard for pack borders. It pissed him off every time. He wondered what kind of enemy he would make and if he would need to take a life again. He didn't like too, but he would if he needed too. HE did lift the alarm for any others in the immediate vicinity to come and aid him.

Upon making it down the mountain his eyes caught sight of a honey colored she wolf and he growled and went straight for her. Snarl etched deeply into his scarred visage, ice blue eyes steel cold and angry. He went straight for her intending to bowl her over if he could. His jaws snapping at her once he would reach her.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
54 Posts
Ooc —
I rolled to see whether his attack would be successful. If you wanted to do the same thing, we can involve the dice without the more complicated sparring system. It's up to you, though! :)

A large black wolf appeared further up the mountain and Honey Badger paused, then stiffened. He was much larger than her but the yearling made up for it with a savage and fearless bloodthirstiness that shone in her bright yellow eyes. She did not flinch, nor lower herself, or in any way show caution or fear. She braced herself but stood her ground, confident in her ability to face even an adversary two or three times her size. She had been born fighting and had fought for every single day of her life. She wasn't about to back down now.

The stranger hurtled down the decline and snapped his jaws at her when he reached Honey Badger. She took the hit, the momentum shoving her down the slope and away from his sharp teeth. Grinding her claws into the shale, Honey Badger ground to a halt, then flung herself upward in a single fluid motion, darting like a javelin for the underside of the behemoth's throat.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
(Attack - 2) Honey Badger's attack
(Attack - 5) Jace's attack

If you prefer to roll for Jace it's okay it's up to you though love or tell me if you want me to do something different?

Much like the she wolf in front of her, Jace had his share of temper demons. The red haze was already threatening to take over his vision, but her surged doggedly forward. He watched as she slid down the mountain and momentary disappointment swelled u in his chest that she didn't fall. He jumped backwards at her own savage onslaught, though she dealt a glancing blow to his lower throat and chest, she did not manage to rip it open. Merely graze it, he snarled and a fierce growl surged through his throat.

He snapped his jaws at her aiming for her own face and the back of her neck. She was too small for him to get the lower part of her throat so he would take what he could get. He locked his legs and continued to simultaneously attack her with a fervor bordering on insane. He made sure to keep his throat blocked as she seemed to want to go for that killing blow. you're foolish you should leave. he growled out between the deep rumbles in his chest.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
54 Posts
Ooc —
Hm... upon further consideration, I think I'd just prefer paragraph-based combat. I like to keep it simple and focused on the writing, I guess. I love role playing fights, haha. :)

Her fangs grazed his throat before she fell back on her haunches, which coiled beneath her like a spring. Barely a second passed before he bore down on her, snapping in her face. Honey Badger turned her cheek to him and one of his canines carved deep into the sparse flesh, cutting her to the bone. Ignoring the pain, she whipped her head sideways. Their jaws clashed momentarily, not unlike the racks of sparring bucks.

His weight pushed her backward and downward again. Honey Badger disengaged and leaped, catlike, to an outcropping on her right. Hot blood splattered at her feet but she continued to ignore the laceration as she whirled. She presently stood about six inches above the black wolf. With a feral snarl, the yearling launched herself at his back, attempting to grapple his shoulder blades with her forelegs even as she aimed to sink her fangs into the back of his neck.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
works for me love.

Jace smiled a sickly smile at the blood that welled from her face. He didn't like to harm her but she wasn't given in an inch, so he'd take a mile. Jace growled lowly as a piece of his tooth chipped from the connection of hers. He snarled and whipped his head back, and jumped sideways away from her.

Jace watched her jump, but he was unable to move as quickly as he would have liked. Especially since some of the slope was slippery from all the snow. Jace let out a grunt and a howl of pain as her teeth sunk into his neck. Snarling he twisted his head and tried to grasp her leg and rip her from his back. His main hope was to dash her to the ground and send her yelping towards the borders with a constant reminder he was not to be fucked with.
54 Posts
Ooc —
The taste of his blood on her tongue spurred her to dig deeper, rooting around for the top of his spinal cord. Perhaps she could severe it. Before she had a chance, however, he arched around and wrapped his jaws around her left foreleg. Realizing that resisting would result in severer damage, Honey Badger allowed herself to be torn loose from his back. She fell to the ground, her teeth rattling from the impact. Her left shoulder took the brunt of it, a bruise already blooming unseen beneath her black fur.

Just as quick as a cat, she leaped back onto all fours. Her right cheekbone bled freely, her left shoulder smarted and her left foreleg bore the marks of the brute's teeth, though only superficially. Still she did not back down. Honey Badger backpedaled a few steps, putting a six-foot wide gap between them, and lowered her head to protect her throat. Her ears, rimmed with a dusting of white, slicked backward and she bared her teeth.

"Come at me, bro," she taunted the larger wolf, though she didn't wait for him to attack. She rushed at him. If she went for his legs, he might snap her neck from above and behind. If she went for his face, Honey Badger would sustain as much damage as she wrought. If she dove for something else, she stood a better chance of surprising him and succeeding.

With this tactic in mind, the yearling buckled her legs at the last moment, then darted into the gap between her assailant's legs. Aware that he could easily punish her silvered backside with his teeth, she sprang upward, intent on slamming her skull into his soft belly as she simultaneously lunged right for his balls.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace snarled harder as she rooted for his spinal chord. You savage bitch! What the hell is wrong with you! He couldn't even begin to fathom what was so fucked up with this chick. She was crazy, why couldn't she just leave. She was trespassing in his home turf and she was acting like he was a bad guy. She hit the ground and he lunged for her beyond tired of this song and dance. He wanted to hit whatever he could her eyes her jaw her shoulder anything and everything.

He was for a moment hopeful that she was going to leave as she backpedaled, but he growled in frustration when she didn't. Snarling with blue eyes tinged with red flashing he waited for her attack, hoping to defend rather than attack. However, it was not to be.

His first thought was Holy fuck His next Holy shit my balls He couldn't do much to deter her, as she winded him, but he did twist intent to keep her as far away from his balls as possible. She did nick them a little bit and he tasted a metallic taste in his mouth and he screamed in absolute fury. He landed hard on his left side, but he scrambled quickly wheezing as he did so. He lunged for her, though his attack wouldn't be to hard for his lack of breath. He could at least push her away long enough to gain some of his breath back.
54 Posts
Ooc —
She nicked the soft flesh and that was all it took for him to twist away, then lose his balance and come crashing to the ground. Honey Badger let out a snarl of surprise when part of his weight bounced off her back. She scrambled to get out of the way as he toppled, though the rapid movement caused her to twist her right ankle when it became trapped briefly beneath his weight. She spat like a hellcat as she wrenched it free and sprang further down the mount.

She whirled to look up at him. Honey Badger intuited that she couldn't get the better of him and there was always the possibility that his pack mates would hear the scuffle and come running to his aid. Eventually, she would be forced to leave. She refused to consider it fleeing. Frustrated by the situation, the young she-wolf squatted where she stood and urinated, making eye contact with the black wolf as she did so.

She then went for her final attack. Charging upslope, she lowered her whitened skullcap and made to head butt him again, this time in the ribs. She might break her neck in the process yet Honey Badger threw caution out the window as she attempted to ram him like some deranged, hornless goat.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
A momentary thrill of sick pleasure adorned his heart when he realized some of his weight pinned her. Made more apparent by her struggle to get away from him with a paw crushed beneath him. She darted away further down the moment. He hoped for a reprieve and that she would leave, but again she continued her onslaught.

He snarled and ran towards her as she squatted. He hoped to knock her down, perhaps gain some dominance over her keep her down. But it was again not to be as she came charging at him again.

He wasn't sure how this was going to end, but she was coming at him as he was going towards her. He hoped to use his shoulder rather than his head and his chest for her head to make contact. He planned on ripping out some flesh from somewhere too, so he met her with jaws wide and saliva dripping.
54 Posts
Ooc —
Somewhere between the start of her charge and the moment of impact, the black wolf found his feet and turned to receive her with his shoulder thrust outward and his jaws at the ready. With her head down, she didn't notice the danger until the last second, when her yellow eyes lifted. She could not react fast enough to avoid it.

His fangs slashed into her muzzle, shredding the bridge, and his leathery nose hit her square in the right eye. It swelled shut almost instantaneously. The impact jarred her, even dazed her a little, though she recovered quickly enough to give a final snap of her jaws before she leaped clear. Between her aching shoulder and the slippery ground, she tumbled somewhat but managed to keep her footing as she returned to the ledge below.

"Fuck you!" she spat from her relatively safe position. The right side of her face looked like ground meat, between her swollen eye and shredded cheek. "These are just flesh wounds!" Honey Badger screamed, sneering indignantly. Despite their sizes, he hadn't been able to deal her a serious blow, which she interpreted as victory. She was a trespasser, after all, and he hadn't even managed to properly punish her for her crime.

She squatted again, sprinkling more pungent urine on the mountainside. He would surely mark over it when she left but he would have a hard time erasing her scent entirely. With a final lift of her lip and quiet growl, Honey Badger began an unhurried retreat downhill. She might hasten her step if he gave chase, though she still refused to flee outright.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
He tasted the metallic steel of blood in his mouth and he considered it a small victory. He wasn't trying to kill her only chase her away wound her. He supposed most would try to kill and if she came back he would.

Her small snap caught the corner of his own muzzle, but it didn't leave a lasting mark. It was what it was and just as she hadn't gotten any severe injuries he hadn't either. Though the chunk of flesh missing from between his shoulder blades, was going to smart for a few days.

He stood tall and stalwart looking down at her and snarled at her words. She squatted and pissed on his borders again and with a snarl he gave chase. Tail lifted above his back and feral noises making way up his voicebox vibrating from within.
54 Posts
Ooc —
My last post, if that's cool. Thanks for the thread! :)

Honey Badger refused to look backward, though her ears twisted when she heard footfalls pounding behind her. She stopped and turned, watching him come, her ears flattening and her lips skinning back from her teeth. She did not wait for him to reach her, though. With a flick of her tail, she trotted beyond his mountainous borders. Her heart beat rapidly in her chest, which she chalked up to exertion and adrenaline, not fear. Honey Badger didn't even know what fear was.